About to order ...

New to the Jaguar I-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
Bl4ckGryph0n

About to order ...

Post by Bl4ckGryph0n » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:43 pm

A couple of months ago in Amsterdam we saw the iPace for the first time. We drove across from the UK in our Mercedes-AMG GLC43, and were surprised that we all (myself, wife and two daughters) like the Jaguar.

Anyway, being bored and tired with the uncomfortable GLC43 we started the process last weekend to replace the car for my wife.

Just working out build slots and availability with dealers at the moment.

We are thinking;
HSE in Yulong white plus
- Black pack
- Privacy windows
- 20” Black gloss wheels
- Pano roof
- Performance seats
- Extended leather pack
- 4 zone climate control
- Suede headlining
- Illuniated door sills
- aluminium weave inserts

I’m not interested in air suspension as standard is very very very good.
-

emgf

Re: About to order ...

Post by emgf » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:22 pm

Bl4ckGryph0n wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:43 pm
A couple of months ago in Amsterdam we saw the iPace for the first time. We drove across from the UK in our Mercedes-AMG GLC43, and were surprised that we all (myself, wife and two daughters) like the Jaguar.

Anyway, being bored and tired with the uncomfortable GLC43 we started the process last weekend to replace the car for my wife.

Just working out build slots and availability with dealers at the moment.

We are thinking;
HSE in Yulong white plus
- Black pack
- Privacy windows
- 20” Black gloss wheels
- Pano roof
- Performance seats
- Extended leather pack
- 4 zone climate control
- Suede headlining
- Illuniated door sills
- aluminium weave inserts

I’m not interested in air suspension as standard is very very very good.
-
I would have only one comment : are you sure you need the privacy windows ? I did not selected them to improve my rear viewing .
SE Yulong White , light oyster interior , 20" Gloss Black , since October 9th 2018 , S19A_19.20 , 16.2

Bl4ckGryph0n

Post by Bl4ckGryph0n » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:47 pm

Oh yes :) Finished the look according to my wife and daughters....

NightFox

Post by NightFox » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:21 pm

Just picking up on the fact that you seem to sometimes drive long distances and criticised the comfort of the Merc, are you sure about going for performance seats over the sports seats?

mjc

Post by mjc » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:27 pm

Sounds like its a deal-maker, so the rear visibility is a small price to pay :-)
I-Pace HSE delivered 14/12/2018 - Farallon Black, Air++, oyster interior, panoramic roof, 20" std wheels
InControl Touch Pro Software Version: S19A_19.24.2-375121 Telematics Software Version: 14.2
:?

Bl4ckGryph0n

Post by Bl4ckGryph0n » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:16 pm

NightFox wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:21 pm
Just picking up on the fact that you seem to sometimes drive long distances and criticised the comfort of the Merc, are you sure about going for performance seats over the sports seats?
Interesting point. Yes, the comfort of our Mercedes is really bad. I’ve only driven the iPace with the SE seats/leather, and it was very good. We’ve sat in performance seats and they were comfortable and a good fit for us. But we haven’t driven them.

Are they are lot “harder” when you drive in them? Would that affect the ride or the seating? If that makes sense?

Bl4ckGryph0n

Post by Bl4ckGryph0n » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:17 pm

mjc wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:27 pm
Sounds like its a deal-maker, so the rear visibility is a small price to pay :-)
:lol: Indeed.

scm

Post by scm » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:30 pm

Bl4ckGryph0n wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:16 pm
Are they are lot “harder” when you drive in them? Would that affect the ride or the seating? If that makes sense?
I'ver always found that seats that feel firmer when you sit in them in the showroom are a lot more comfortable for long journeys than "comfortable" armchair type seats. My first experience of that was in a Calvalier SRi which had "hardboard" Recaro seats - and were the most comfortable I'd had for a 90 minute drive up to that point. Jaguar performance seats are equally as good, IME.

Bl4ckGryph0n

Post by Bl4ckGryph0n » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:15 am

scm wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:30 pm
Bl4ckGryph0n wrote:
I'ver always found that seats that feel firmer when you sit in them in the showroom are a lot more comfortable for long journeys than "comfortable" armchair type seats. My first experience of that was in a Calvalier SRi which had "hardboard" Recaro seats - and were the most comfortable I'd had for a 90 minute drive up to that point. Jaguar performance seats are equally as good, IME.
We especially like the shoulder and waste hugging features of them. It seems that we are perfectly build for those seats :)

We can afford air suspension if it makes it better. I just didn’t spec it as the standard suspension is so good and I’ve had a love hate relationship with air suspension.

NightFox

Post by NightFox » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:36 am

Bl4ckGryph0n wrote:
NightFox wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:21 pm
Interesting point. Yes, the comfort of our Mercedes is really bad. I’ve only driven the iPace with the SE seats/leather, and it was very good. We’ve sat in performance seats and they were comfortable and a good fit for us. But we haven’t driven them.

I've not personally tried the performance seats, but I asked a few questions about them when I was speccing mine. The feedback I got was that they're fine if they fit you, but if your head/shoulders/neck don't line up with them then they're uncomfortable with no way of adjusting that.

Return to “Introductions”