About to order ...

New to the Jaguar I-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
nipri
Posts: 357
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:02 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: About to order ...

Post by nipri » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:03 am

I regret not having performance seats in my car. I too thought it would be uncomfortable until I drove at Millbrook & sat in performance seats.
They were very comfortable & snug fitting for someone who is 6ft 2in. Perfect round the sharp bends at Millbrook.
In my humble opinion would leave aluminium weave inserts & have air suspension. I drove a car with aluminium weave inserts & thought it didn't look too nice.
But am sure whatever you choose , it will be fabulous.
Good Luck & welcome to the I Pace world!
FE Photon Red 20" Wheels, Light Oyster since 09/18.
My new Love! ;)


Bl4ckGryph0n
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:32 pm
Location: UK

Re: About to order ...

Post by Bl4ckGryph0n » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:21 pm

I’ve just managed to borrow a HSE with performance seats and air suspension from JLR. I really don’t like the air suspension, too floaty and unstable. Also low speed bumps were more intrusive.

The performance seats is a definite, they are so nice. And a new option that I’m adding is the HUD. It is actually really good. Fair enough a bit of reflection from the surround but loved the position of where it gets displayed.


malcolm
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:22 pm
Location: kent

Re: About to order ...

Post by malcolm » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:25 pm

Go for it BL4ckG
sounds like you have made it a good joint decision on your spec
Yulong is great , shines so well in the sun looking different colours in different lights and it hides the dirt so well
I too don't have the air suspension with my 20s and it is very comfortable
The aluminium trim bits look great too
you will be very happy i'm sure
Yulong white HSE, 20" wheels, ebony and black pack
S19A_19.07.2-312706
Telematics 14.2


Bl4ckGryph0n
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:32 pm
Location: UK

Re: About to order ...

Post by Bl4ckGryph0n » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:32 pm

Thanks @malcolm...

I felt sorry for the dealer, they were pleasant to deal with and I wanted to give them the business, but then they dropped a bomb shell....I can't order one until October (they think...). They have no more allocation left.

Blimey, this is like KFC running out of chicken...A car dealer that can't sell cars, yet they've gone through all the motions...

They've got some ready made ones, but I'm sorry when I'm spending nearly £85K list price in cash I want it how I want it....Trying several other dealers now...


nipri
Posts: 357
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:02 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: About to order ...

Post by nipri » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:56 pm

Tried Beadles of Watford? Ask for Ferdy.
FE Photon Red 20" Wheels, Light Oyster since 09/18.
My new Love! ;)


Bl4ckGryph0n
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:32 pm
Location: UK

Re: About to order ...

Post by Bl4ckGryph0n » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:27 pm

nipri wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:56 pm
Tried Beadles of Watford? Ask for Ferdy.
Cheers, will give them a try :)


Bl4ckGryph0n
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:32 pm
Location: UK

Re: About to order ...

Post by Bl4ckGryph0n » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:29 pm

nipri wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:03 am
I regret not having performance seats in my car. I too thought it would be uncomfortable until I drove at Millbrook & sat in performance seats.
They were very comfortable & snug fitting for someone who is 6ft 2in. Perfect round the sharp bends at Millbrook.
In my humble opinion would leave aluminium weave inserts & have air suspension. I drove a car with aluminium weave inserts & thought it didn't look too nice.
But am sure whatever you choose , it will be fabulous.
Good Luck & welcome to the I Pace world!
Regarding the aluminium weave. Yes, it is a difficult one. I really don’t like gloss black going by my Mercedes it will have lots of surface scratches, finger prints and dust. The carbon weave looks appealing but ~£1,000 extra seems excessive.


Goshdarnit
Posts: 2093
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:55 pm
Location: UK

Re: About to order ...

Post by Goshdarnit » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:15 pm

Bl4ckGryph0n wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:32 pm
Thanks @malcolm...

I felt sorry for the dealer, they were pleasant to deal with and I wanted to give them the business, but then they dropped a bomb shell....I can't order one until October (they think...). They have no more allocation left.

Blimey, this is like KFC running out of chicken...A car dealer that can't sell cars, yet they've gone through all the motions...

They've got some ready made ones, but I'm sorry when I'm spending nearly £85K list price in cash I want it how I want it....Trying several other dealers now...
I went through the exact same thing with Audi when I was looking to to buy an RS5. They kept trying to push inventory cars on me but none were to my spec. They seemed confused that I was prepared to say no if it wasn’t exactly how I wanted it. That car was around £77k and no way I was prepared to “make do”. Didn’t buy one in the end because the wait would have been huge.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.24.2-375121 Telematics: 14.2
Last update: 26/08/19

Check out my I-Pace Channel on YouTube
Control your iPace with Siri voice commands


Bl4ckGryph0n
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:32 pm
Location: UK

Re: About to order ...

Post by Bl4ckGryph0n » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:46 am

I hope it doesn’t end up like that for us. We really don’t like our Mercedes-AMG GLC43 and don’t want to keep it a day outside it’s warranty period. And there isn’t anything else on the market that we like.

Although for plan B we noticed a new Mercedes GLS was announced a week ago. Unfortunately we may to take precautions if Jaguar can’t sell us an iPace how we want it.


Bl4ckGryph0n
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:32 pm
Location: UK

Re: About to order ...

Post by Bl4ckGryph0n » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:15 pm

Getting closer :) I've got a build slot secured for August and submitted the spec....Final spec we settled on...

Base configuration: HSE
  • Yulong White
  • 20" Style 5068, 5 spoke, Gloss Black
  • Fixed panoramic roof
  • Privacy glass
  • Gloss black side window surrounds
  • Ebony Windsor leather with Ebony/Ebony interior
Options:
  • Black Exterior Pack
  • 14-way heated and cooled electric memory Performance front seats with heated rear seats
  • Full extended leather upgrade
  • Ebony suede cloth headlining
  • Monogram aluminium trim finisher
  • Head-up Display
  • Front fog lights
  • Four-Zone Climate Control
  • Illuminated metal tread plates with Jaguar script
  • Cabin air ionisation
  • Lockable cooled glovebox
  • Carpet mats
  • Secure tracker pro
Can't wait :)


Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”