Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Greetings from Moscow/Russia

5K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  vovvw 
#1 ·
Hi All,
I'm with you on my HSE Black I-PACE. Bought on October 15, 2019.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum Mikzar and congrats on your cool looking I-pace.

How is life as EV driver in Russia - how is the charging infrastructure other than Tesla Superchargers?

#4 ·
It looks like you've gone for a black on black on black...

I bet in the evening it looks like batman's car, especially if you go to "dark mode" :eek:

#6 ·
You've got the HSE which means it has the radar behind the front badge, but how cool would it be to go dark and just have this illuminated in the dark...

#7 ·
Goshdarnit said:
Have you got black buttons, labelled in black on a black background which light up black to let you know you've pressed them?
You nicked that from me and HHGTG. But you cannot say the same about how it drives;
Welcome to the Forum and great looking car.

#8 ·
elbocko said:
Goshdarnit said:
Have you got black buttons, labelled in black on a black background which light up black to let you know you've pressed them?
You nicked that from me and HHGTG. But you cannot say the same about how it drives;
It's the weird colour scheme that freaks me. Every time you try to operate one of these weird black controls, which are labeled in black on a black background, a small black light lights up black to let you know you've done it. Hey, what is this, some kind of galactic hyper-hearse?

#9 ·
Jelle v/d Meer said:
Welcome to the forum Mikzar and congrats on your cool looking I-pace.

How is life as EV driver in Russia - how is the charging infrastructure other than Tesla Superchargers?
Well, first of all, thanks for the warm words about my Jag (black on black on black with just Tan seats). Regarding charging infrastructure in Moscow: we don't have Supercharge station at all. Really. Most charging stations are 3,5 kW wall sockets for overnight parking (free). Several 22 kW commercial stations with not very high tariffs but very complex steps for activation and using. As for me, I have 7,4 kW (32A single phase) at my home with 8-10 hours time to 100% battery (430 km). Same charger (32A with adapter for 16A) under the trunk for emergency (outside my home). Daily routine is 45 km to the nearest subway station in Moscow and about 60-75 km back (get kids from school, shopping etc). Weekends with 200-250 km per day. I-Pace battery is quite enough for such trips.

#10 ·
fa147 said:
It looks like you've gone for a black on black on black...

I bet in the evening it looks like batman's car, especially if you go to "dark mode" :eek:
Yes, but my Batman looks around with LED eyes, very strong and white :lol:

#11 ·
Goshdarnit said:
No, buttons are standard. No light before pressing, and white or red or green after. By the way, thanks for Siri commands. She tell me all in Russian now. :D

#12 ·
fa147 said:
You've got the HSE which means it has the radar behind the front badge, but how cool would it be to go dark and just have this illuminated in the dark...

OK, will try to see. No illumination for me on the front badge inside the car. Just radar.

#13 ·
"That," he said, "that... is really bad for the eyes."
It was a ship of classic, simple design, like a flattened salmon, twenty yards long, very clean, very sleek. There was just one remarkable thing about it.

"It's so... black!" said Ford Prefect. "You can hardly make out its shape... light just seems to fall into it!"

The blackness of it was so extreme that it was almost impossible to tell how close you were standing to it.

"Your eyes just slide off it..." said Ford in wonder.

#14 ·
Short story about first Jag in my life: I drove Volvo XC90 II during 4 years, but two months ago my diesel has been broken. It was a crack in the cylinder block between 2nd and 3rd. The engine has been replaced with the new one (thanks to Volvo, free of charge), but during two month driving piece of sheet (Hyindai Solaris rented from Hertz) I decided to choose something without ordinary internal combustion engine at all. We have no official Tesla dealers, no Audi E-tron, no EV Mercedes, nothing except Jaguar I-PACE, Nissan Leaf, BMW i3. Read about I-PACE with 470 km range, 8 years battery warranty and 3 years/120k km car warranty was very interested. Test drive was very good and interesting, but I decided to order new car and buy it in spring 2020. The dealer said that they have the same which I need on stock with good options and price. It was 8,5M Roubles street price (divide by 64 for USD, 81.5 for GBP or 70 for EUR) going down to 7,3M after discount minus 2,2M for my Volvo and 130k for vinyl film (black/blue chameleon color) and I shouldn't wait for the spring... My decision was ... (you know already). I'm happy with my Jaguar, it is really cool in compare to Volvo (I have another one - new XC60 for my wife with a lot of options like sunroof, air suspension, vent and massage seats, etc but with the diesel (!), which is good but not for me after my case.
Will see the Jag life in Russian winter (-40 in February). Hope everything will be fine.

#15 ·
Mikzar said:
Goshdarnit said:
No, buttons are standard. No light before pressing, and white or red or green after. By the way, thanks for Siri commands. She tell me all in Russian now. :D
No problem! Good to know they work for you in Russian. Good luck with the Russian winter. Really interested to hear how the iPace performs in that kind of extreme.

#16 ·
elbocko said:
Goshdarnit said:
Pretty obviously I was referencing HHGTG, but I don't think you can take any credit for it! :D

#19 ·
Greetings!
Great machine!
Привет! )
Mikzar said:
Will see the Jag life in Russian winter (-40 in February). Hope everything will be fine.
-40 in Moscow? )))
Last winter was a maximum of -25, lucky! (1000km north-east of Moscow)
Everything will be fine, this winter with the jaguar was great!
Only two shortcomings, the handles after washing may not slide in and the non-disconnect auto-folding of mirrors ...
In general, this is the best car for cold winters and deep snow!
We have a chat in Telegram, welcome! )

#20 ·
vovvw said:
Mikzar said:
Hi All,
I'm with you on my HSE Black I-PACE. Bought on October 15, 2019.
Greetings!
Great machine!
Привет! )
Mikzar said:
-40 in Moscow? )))
Last winter was a maximum of -25, lucky! (1000km north-east of Moscow)
Everything will be fine, this winter with the jaguar was great!
Only two shortcomings, the handles after washing may not slide in and the non-disconnect auto-folding of mirrors ...
In general, this is the best car for cold winters and deep snow!
We have a chat in Telegram, welcome! )
Привет! Do you have a link of Telgram channel? Didn't find by keywords. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.