Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Another new owner

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Stu 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

Seems only polite to introduce myself before I chime in (probably incorrecty) on any topics. Took delivery of a 21 HSE on Friday, first time leasing as well as first time electric. Very pleased with it so far, but expecting an adventure when I take it on a long journey. Probably not going to be able to leave the country for a while so will head off to Cornwall government permitting in the summer, 280 miles or so of mainly motorway. Seeing a few glitches in the Pivi Pro after a software update, nothing serious, nothing happens when I click the phone icon, some weird buggy graphics if you click the top right (profile?) icon, but everything else seems to be working. Hopefully another update will sort it out at some point. Haven't invested in a wall charger yet, not sure how much difference it would make, charged it once so far from 50% to 100% in around 18 hours, so maybe 7 or 8 miles added per hour.

Stuart

#2 ·
Congrats on your new Ipace.
I am picking mine up tomorrow and I can't wait.
Got my In Control up and running already and I have been looking at the car being charged upon at the dealership.
Tried to send a route to the car but I haven't managed to do it. But hey, I am yer to log in to my account in the car.. Looking forward to driving mine tomorrow!
]And I hope works better than Touch Pro Duo!

#4 ·
p.s. I tried Jaguar route planner app, but it wouldn't let me register on the here website, I think there may be a problem with this and the 21 version as I've found reference to that on this forum. Maybe you'll have more luck, otherwise perhaps I'm the bearer of bad news...

#5 ·
Zap map route planner is more useful and seems to be kept up to date, if you do head for deepest Cornwall this summer rapid chargers are not abundant and you do need to make sure you have the correct Apps or Cards to use them. In the meantime visit a few chargers to be confident they are going to operate when you need them.

#7 ·
Delta5 said:
Zap map route planner is more useful and seems to be kept up to date, if you do head for deepest Cornwall this summer rapid chargers are not abundant and you do need to make sure you have the correct Apps or Cards to use them. In the meantime visit a few chargers to be confident they are going to operate when you need them.
Thanks

#9 ·
Hi everyone,
I'm just in the market for an iPace and currently looking at a couple of different cars, both HSE spec. One is a MY20 while the other is a MY21.
Do you think I should go for the MY21 with the Pivi Pro software and the quicker charge time or is the MY20 the better bet albeit with the older possibly more stable software and cheaper purchase price?
I'm guessing there is no difference in the way they drive between the two model years? I've not tested the MY21 only the MY20 at this stage.
Also what sort of discount can I expect to get off a physical car on the dealer forecourt/showroom (there does seem a lot of cars available at the moment on the Jag website and also Auto Trader etc)?
Thanks for your replies.

#11 ·
Stu said:
p.s. I tried Jaguar route planner app, but it wouldn't let me register on the here website, I think there may be a problem with this and the 21 version as I've found reference to that on this forum. Maybe you'll have more luck, otherwise perhaps I'm the bearer of bad news...
I have just received my I-Pace and find that the Here site does not recognise my VIN, so will not allow me to plan routes, waypoints, etc. and transmit to the car so it is ready when I am to drive off. Having owned previous JLR vehicles I found this ability quite useful.

Does anyone else have issues with getting the Jaguar.Here site recognise their vehicle?

Second question, do any of the other Apps have the ability to transmit planned routes directly into the car?

I could use AA, but I do not find the integration that good.

#12 ·
Jim55 said:
I have just received my I-Pace and find that the Here site does not recognise my VIN, so will not allow me to plan routes, waypoints, etc. and transmit to the car so it is ready when I am to drive off. Having owned previous JLR vehicles I found this ability quite useful.
If you've "jusr received" the car it may take a while for the Here servers to catch up with reality. Several people have noted that it works fine after a day or two.

#14 ·
Stu said:
When doing 'Add vehicle' on Jaguar Here, and entering the VIN, it just has a red banner saying 'Enter valid VIN'. Had mine for 6 months now.
Yep, that's exactly what I'm getting.

Does the Jaguar.Here route planning site work for any I-Pace owners?

#15 ·
Picked up my ex-demo I-pace on 14th September 2021 and the main dealer had not and could not deregistered previous owner albeit the the dealership. Customer Services at inAppControl could not reset and cancel the previous owner. Car now booked in with main agent to get the problem resolved with the Telematics Control Unit (TCU) which is not communicating with mothership. Fingers crossed but not a good advert for presales checks!!!

#16 ·
Jim55 said:
Stu said:

Does anyone else have issues with getting the Jaguar.Here site recognise their vehicle?

Second question, do any of the other Apps have the ability to transmit planned routes directly into the car?

I could use AA, but I do not find the integration that good.
None of those things work with Pivi cars

#17 ·
Jim55 said:
Stu said:
When doing 'Add vehicle' on Jaguar Here, and entering the VIN, it just has a red banner saying 'Enter valid VIN'. Had mine for 6 months now.
Yep, that's exactly what I'm getting.

Does the Jaguar.Here route planning site work for any I-Pace owners?
I think it works for any owners that don't have the new PiviPro system, so anyone with a car built pre 21. There were/are so many problems with PiviPro it kind of doesn't surprise me that they haven't integrated it with anything like this yet. I doubt they ever will.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.