Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

FROM CANTERBURY TO BORDEAUX

31K views 91 replies 22 participants last post by  malcolm 
#1 ·
Hello all
I have been quietly sitting in the wings for the past few months , studying and learning from your EV knowledges , many thanks
I shall be getting my first EV on the 10th October hopefully , and after my test drive , I am so excited , it really is a beautiful bit of kit !
A yulong white HSE , which , judging by the ' what colour ' topic , will be very rare , but I like it , so there !
Possibly aimed more at our French contingent , but towards the end of October I will be taking the I-Pace to Bordeaux , quite an EV baptism
I have found a 100 KWH charger at Tours , where we will do an overnighter on the way down
Do anymore exist in the vicinity of my route or shall I just plan around 50 KWH s , of which there seems to be quite a few ?

Thanks in advance , Malcolm

#2 ·
Hello Malcolm,
My SE Yulong White was built today and I will get it in 3/4weeks.
Regarding charging we have only a couple of Ionity 100 KW stations (Tours & Angers) on A10 & A11 going south.
However you will find also each 60 to 80km along motorways SODETREL ( Sodetrel mobile app for iOS ) 50KW stations.
Envoy the great road trip.

#3 ·
Hello Malcolm

Can't help with charging advice for France, but congratulations on your choice of Yulong White... the best I-Pace colour by far! Like emgf's, mine too was built today!

Mike

#5 ·
Thanks for the info ,
I was aware of the sodetrel chargers , but didn't realise that they were so well spread on the autoroutes ,
It should be a piece of cake !
I already have a Newmotion card , would you advise a specific one for sodetrel , or is it just as easy to set up a one off each time I charge ?
So glad there are a few other people with good taste out there , sounds like we will all be getting our cars at a similar time good luck , and I hope you enjoy the Jag ! I'm sure I will!
Would the sodetrel network also cover the route to the alps , and is anyone aware of any chargers in the resorts ?
Malcolm

#7 ·
A New Motion badge will do with the motorways Sodetrel chargers including in the Alps.

However in the resorts you have generally either 22KW AC or 43KW AC , or 50KW DC ( with CHAdeMO plugs) and then you will need a Sodetrel badge and will get only 7KW per hour ( I-Pace limitation ) for a cost of about 8,5€.

#10 ·
I may have to get one of the children to help , but yes of course ! I will post pics asap
It has now been built , by the 19th apparently
Should be at retailer on the 5th
In my sweaty paws on the 10th
I have chosen black leather and ebony headlining
Pano roof
Privacy glass and black pack
Split spoke 'style 5070' 20" wheels
I think it will look bloody great

#11 ·
Great , indeed !
My car should arrive in JLR Paris around October 12th and I should get it 10 days later.
As far as configuration I have chosen:
- Light Oyster leather seats and lining
- Pano roof
- Gloss Black 20" style 5068 and Gloss Black pack around the windows and grill

#12 ·
Sadly my car has been delayed , not as badly as some out there , but delivery is now around the 19th October
my trip to Bordeaux starts on the 23rd ! it may not be in the I-Pace , which is really frustrating , although 50 mpg in the x-type diesel will make fuel strategy easier .
I may try to drive the same route checking charging stations out where I had intended to charge up en-route

#13 ·
Sorry for you , but I was lucky today when meeting JLR at the Paris Motor Show : we agreed for a delivery NEXT TUESDAY , OCTOBER 9th !!!

#14 ·
Amazing!
Congratulations, I'm excited for you
I saw my first I-Pace on the road yesterday , it really is a good looking car
Enjoy emgf, I look forward to seeing your pictures

#15 ·
Malcolm, I admire your courage travelling such a distance so soon after delivery, and with it being your first EV. A lot of my travelling will be local, perfect for the IPace, and will probably take it up to the Cotswolds for my first long trip. One charge will be suffice. Just a matter of finding an available working charger, which is my biggest concern as this will be my first experience of driving an EV.
No idea when that will be as I am buying the local showroom car, which they can't release until they get a replacement. Very frustrating as I have to get me fix looking at the photos I have taken of the car.

#17 ·
Hey Cornish , what could possibly go wrong 🙃
I know it could be a nightmare but hopefully allowing enough time for the journey will make it easier
There does seem to be plenty of 50kwh chargers in France and even a 100kwh at Tours
Good luck with the demo car

#18 ·
Malcolm, it is a matter of planning in a different way. I'm sure once you, and I, get use to it, we will wonder what all the fuss was about 😂
It's very exciting times with the way the car industry is evolving and the I Pace is a very exciting car. Can't wait to be driving it on a daily basis.

#23 ·
That looks superb emgf
really looking forward to getting mine , whenever it gets shipped !
Saw a Range Rover in Yulong yesterday , and so pleased to have chosen it too .
Enjoy your new ride , you lucky man

#26 ·
Hi Neil, That looks good. Is it an S on 18" wheels?

Any chance of a shot from the side / rear please? And the interior if it is an S with standard seats?

Thanks in advance,
Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.