Re setting ipace range

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
TKipace

Re setting ipace range

Post by TKipace » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:07 am

I have reset my ipace GoM. It works. I know it will temporarily show full 260 miles as the charge in this car is dependent on your driving style (which should not have been the case). Jaguar should have designed their software bit better. Looking in this forum it is clear that this car does 200-220 and that is what Jaguar should have advertised. Anyway my question is, can you reset the GoM as often as you like?Can there be any issue in that?

MjrPayne

Re: Re setting ipace range

Post by MjrPayne » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:09 am

Yes you can. But better leave it alone. I have never reset GOM and it's quite accurate now, only 20-30km off with full charge, usually less but sometimes also over.
Blue HSE since 21.1.2019
Backup -04 XJ SuperV8

I rather cry in Jaguar than in Tesla

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:13 am

I’m not sure what you mean when you say “the charge on this car is dependent on your driving style”. I must be understanding it wrongly as there is no way for Jaguar or any company to prevent that. It’s just the laws of physics, so I assume you mean it in a different way to how I’m reading it?
Last edited by Abu Dhabi Dude on Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MvM

Post by MvM » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:43 am

TKipace wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:07 am
I have reset my ipace GoM. It works. I know it will temporarily show full 260 miles as the charge in this car is dependent on your driving style (which should not have been the case). Jaguar should have designed their software bit better. Looking in this forum it is clear that this car does 200-220 and that is what Jaguar should have advertised. Anyway my question is, can you reset the GoM as often as you like?Can there be any issue in that?
Well, actually, I have no problem getting the 260 miles of range at all. In fact, with the nice summer we have just experienced, I had (and still have) no problem getting 275 miles.

It literally depends VERY much on your driving style. If you drive mainly on the motorways (highways) and 70+ mph, you will not get anywhere 260 miles. If you drive a lot on secondary roads and stick to local speed limits, you might even get in excess of the official WLTP-numbers.

scm

Post by scm » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:22 pm

TKipace wrote:
I have reset my ipace GoM. It works. I know it will temporarily show full 260 miles as the charge in this car is dependent on your driving style (which should not have been the case). Jaguar should have designed their software bit better. Looking in this forum it is clear that this car does 200-220 and that is what Jaguar should have advertised.
I think Jaguar are obliged to publish their test results, and the test showed a lot more than 200-220. Are you suggesting they should lie about the test results? They're not VW!

And how can you say the range shouldn't be dependent on your driving style? That's just crazy logic. :shock:

Wasabi Pea

Post by Wasabi Pea » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:39 pm

Reset it if you really want to. It will just adapt back again to your driving style. I’d rather know a better gom that is calculated based on my actual driving. If you look at the range calculator I shared last time you raised this topic you can see what range is advertised by jaguar for 20” wheels on the motorway.
At last I have my i Pace SE Firenze Red. Ordered 28th Feb, arrived 29th July. Broke 2nd August :cry: Back on the road again 7th August :D

Wasabi Pea

Post by Wasabi Pea » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:41 pm

At last I have my i Pace SE Firenze Red. Ordered 28th Feb, arrived 29th July. Broke 2nd August :cry: Back on the road again 7th August :D

Quakered

Post by Quakered » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:02 pm

TKipace wrote:
That is plain silly. Jaguar undertake industry standard tests and, as already mentioned, no one has ever suggested Jaguar have adopted VW standards of honesty. Also very silly to suggest that driving style should not effect consumption as the physics that apply to ICE cars also apply to EVs.

I personally have no trouble in getting the car to return over 3 miles per KWH during this summer. Can also get it to below 2.5 if I drive it like an Aldi. I also accept it will get worse when the weather turns cold.
SE Firenze Red, Oyster leather, glass roof, HUD, Air Suspension, delivered 6/19

Jelle v/d Meer

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:03 pm

MvM wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:43 am
Well, actually, I have no problem getting the 260 miles of range at all. In fact, with the nice summer we have just experienced, I had (and still have) no problem getting 275 miles.

It literally depends VERY much on your driving style. If you drive mainly on the motorways (highways) and 70+ mph, you will not get anywhere 260 miles. If you drive a lot on secondary roads and stick to local speed limits, you might even get in excess of the official WLTP-numbers.
My GOM when fully charged now only shows around 400km (250 miles) - it went down following my the 3,600km (2,250 miles) to/in/from Slovakia where majority was driven at 120/130 kmh (75-80mph).

Interestingly or weirdly the GOM has not really moved back up since despite it being a month further and driving 1,500km since at avg efficiency of 169wh/km (272wh/km). Maybe for GOM mainly the longer trips are taken into account.
I-pace S + HUD + Drive Pack + Light Oyster Sport Seats + Tailgate I Ceasium Blue | 18" wheels
Infotainment 20B + Telematics 18.2 | ODO 61.412km | 2020 Efficiency 200watt/km @ avg 75km/h

Jelle v/d Meer

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:36 pm

Quakered wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:02 pm
That is plain silly. Jaguar undertake industry standard tests and, as already mentioned, no one has ever suggested Jaguar have adopted VW standards of honesty. Also very silly to suggest that driving style should not effect consumption as the physics that apply to ICE cars also apply to EVs.

I personally have no trouble in getting the car to return over 3 miles per KWH during this summer. Can also get it to below 2.5 if I drive it like an Aldi. I also accept it will get worse when the weather turns cold.
Oh believe me that Jaguar Marketing department has lied and painted a much prettier picture than the reality.
We are 2 years further and despite multiple updates we are still not getting the 0-80% charge in 40 minutes.

Further they have cherry picked numbers when reporting the WLTP range even their own website is now reporting lower range than WLTP.
https://www.jaguar.com/jaguar-range/i-p ... index.html now shows the 470km range ONLY for Urban driving, 18", no AC and 20 degrees.

However the WLTP results reported in the specs (see below) which indicates that the 470km range is for the combined. If you select combined on the Jaguar website the range already drops to 406km (252 miles). Both the range tool on their website as the detailed WLTP figures were not provided by Jaguar till somewhere mid 2019.

Capture2.JPG

Also there is a bit of a math discrepancy if I calculate with the WLTP consumption numbers versus the WLTP range. WLTP combined efficiency is 220-252wh/km, Jaguar reported available battery is 84.7kWh => 84.7kWh / 220wh/km = 385km not 470km.

Capture3.JPG

I-pace S + HUD + Drive Pack + Light Oyster Sport Seats + Tailgate I Ceasium Blue | 18" wheels
Infotainment 20B + Telematics 18.2 | ODO 61.412km | 2020 Efficiency 200watt/km @ avg 75km/h