Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

I pace sold in January

11K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  RayCee 
#1 ·
Only 1011 ipaces sold ....does any1 know why such a huge drop in sales

#4 ·
Where did you get that information from? Does it apply worldwide?

The manufacturing plant was working flat out at the back end of 2018 to get more than 2000 cars into the Nederlands. PErhaps they had a long vacation over new year? How many were made? How many were in transit?

#11 ·
I'd assume that if demand was below the Mangna contract rates we'd see our delivery dates being pulled forward but mine is still mid-april for an overall 6 month lead time.

#12 ·
I was told earlier this week by my Jag dealer that there are production delays at the moment.

While I don't that could affect those January figures, it might explain why other future orders aren't being brought forward.

The reason given is that unusually cold weather in Austria has affected the production process - I'm assuming it has something to do with the battery cells storage/assembly. That dealer has had deliveries for March (including mine) pushed back and has been given that as the reason.

#13 ·
I can imagine that given all the snow they had a few weeks back, still I'm currently making the most if it in wonderful Ischgl. Shame can't collect the car direct from Graz and drive it home though 😎

#15 ·
Yes but I shows how ppl in France are still stuck to their diesel and don't care of town pollution.
It's not a matter of money. I live in wealthy region. Their are a lot of Porsche Cayenne or range rover velar.
Happy you Nordic country's where ppl are much taking care of environment.

#16 ·
Don't forget that the whole car industry is suffering. "Even tesla model 3" https://wolfstreet.com/2019/02/09/carmageddon-for-tesla-model-3-us-deliveries-plunge-55-to-60-from-q4-laid-off-delivery-employees-tell-reuters/. In the US TESLA recently dropped the price twice.

Yes in EU some people are / were waiting for the model 3, but when this (small?) market is supplied also in EU the sales will drop. Not that many people who can / will afford a 70.000 (EDIT: 60.000) car where the most luxery item of the car is the price..

#17 ·
Bart said:
Don't forget that the whole car industry is suffering. "Even tesla model 3" https://wolfstreet.com/2019/02/09/carmageddon-for-tesla-model-3-us-deliveries-plunge-55-to-60-from-q4-laid-off-delivery-employees-tell-reuters/. In the US TESLA recently dropped the price twice.

Yes in EU some people are / were waiting for the model 3, but when this (small?) market is supplied also in EU the sales will drop. Not that many people who can / will afford a 70.000 (EDIT: 60.000) car where the most luxery item of the car is the price..
You forget that Tesla purpose is an EV for the masses at 35.000 USD and their last month price reductions is a step .

#19 ·
there was a large sales volume destined for NL that had to meet the 2018 registration requirement to be eligible for tax benefits. Almost all NL sales made in 2018 were conditional on this.

The actual deliveries were delayed, and there were a lot of these sales that couldn't phyically be delivered in 2018, so a lot of cars were pre-registered with 2018 registrations even though the car was not available/delivered. Many of these are now being physically delivered in January and February.

Probably the lack of sales in January is just a lack of registrations in January, since many of the January car deliveries already had December registrations allocated, so would appear as December sales.

#21 ·
Tophe74 said:
Wich transform to 50000€ in Europe so not really an EV for everybody here.. Average spending for car is 25000€.
[/quote
which transforms I would say to 35000€ + 10% import tax ( for now ) + 20% VAT -( 6000 € up to 11000€ ) ecological bonus = 40000 to 35000€ for an attractive car with zero maintenance and several thousand euros gas savings . So we are close to an inflection point

#22 ·
emgf said:
Tophe74 said:
Wich transform to 50000€ in Europe so not really an EV for everybody here.. Average spending for car is 25000€.
[/quote
which transforms I would say to 35000€ + 10% import tax ( for now ) + 20% VAT -( 6000 € up to 11000€ ) ecological bonus = 40000 to 35000€ for an attractive car with zero maintenance and several thousand euros gas savings . So we are close to an inflection point
but it is still a sedan/saloon and their market is shrinking all the time. Some makers don't even sell (or try to sell) one any more.
Then there is the minimalistic interior. That is clearly not to everyone's taste.
Even though I have spent my whole working life in IT, doing everything through the touchscreen is IMHO a total non starter. It is a huge single point of failure. But as always people have different opinions about everything and in particular cars.

According to a post on insideevs.com there are 35 I-paces sitting on a dealers lot in Los Angeles and more on a lot in Texas and there are people waiting months and months for their cars. Someone in JLR has got their priorities all messed up.

#23 ·
SammyD said:
Even though I have spent my whole working life in IT, doing everything through the touchscreen is IMHO a total non starter. It is a huge single point of failure.
I've also spent my whole working life working in IT (and that's a lot of decades :() and I agree wholeheartedly with you. One of the (many) things that impressed me about my F-Type (yeah, I know!) is that there are so many physical switches - bliss! :)

#24 ·
emgf said:
Tophe74 said:
[/quote
Yes maybe for the starting model but they don't deliver it yet and even in USA they deliver higher models first

#26 ·
SammyD said:
SACNX004 said:
Only 1011 ipaces sold ....does any1 know why such a huge drop in sales
Where did you get that information from? Does it apply worldwide?

The manufacturing plant was working flat out at the back end of 2018 to get more than 2000 cars into the Nederlands. PErhaps they had a long vacation over new year? How many were made? How many were in transit?
I've just put together a list of 2019 sales on my blog:

https://raycee1234.blogspot.com/2019/03/jaguar-i-pace-monthly-sales-by-nation.html

As for fluctuations in sales, that is to be expected with a new model. It depends on where shipments are sent. Once stock is available at dealerships then that will allow for more even sales numbers and a better picture of monthly sales.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.