Control Your I-Pace With Siri!

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Goshdarnit

Control Your I-Pace With Siri!

Post by Goshdarnit » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:04 pm

Hi all. I’ve managed to create a few Siri Shortcuts to control your Jag with Siri voice commands. I’ll be adding more as I create them. In order to use them you’ll need to have an iPhone, and also download and install Apple’s Shortcuts app. You’ll also need to generate a UUID 4 token. I did this using https://www.uuidgenerator.net but there are others that do the same job. Make sure you create a version 4 code. You only need to create one code and can then reuse the same one for all shortcuts.

Then you need to go into the shortcut and scroll through the first few items and put your login and vehicle details where it tells you to (make sure you delete the text instructions and just have the required text in that box).

unlock your car
lock your car
check your cars SOC and range in miles
check your car’s SOC and range in kilometres
switch on the cabin preconditioning
Check for abnormal tyre pressures (reading in kilo pascals)
Check for abnormal tyre pressures (reading in PSI)
Check for abnormal tyre pressures (reading in BAR)
Get exact tyre pressures for all 4 tyres (reading in kilo pascals)
Get exact tyre pressures for all 4 tyres (reading in PSI)
Get exact tyre pressures for all 4 tyres (reading in BAR)
Force the car to start charging

*NB These Shortcuts should now work on all versions of the in-car software.

The two tyre ones above are slightly different. The first one simply tells you “all tyres are within nonral parameters” if there are no warnings, and only gives you the pressure of any tyre that is not within “normal” range. The second one gives an exact pressure for all 4 tyres, along with an indication of low/high/normal for each one.

If you want to launch these using Siri voice commands you’ll have to click on the little “sliders” icon at the top right of the shortcut and then click on “add to siri” and record whatever command you want to use to launch it.

Hopefully it’s all self explanatory but if you have any problems, feel free to PM me.

Finally, huge thanks to ardevd for all his efforts to reverse engineer the API and without whom I’d never have been able to create these shortcuts. Also, thanks got to EVdilla for all the help with debugging and troubleshooting.
Last edited by Goshdarnit on Tue May 07, 2019 4:39 pm, edited 20 times in total.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.24.2-375121 Telematics: 14.2
Last update: 26/08/19

Check out my I-Pace Channel on YouTube
Control your iPace with Siri voice commands

sgtpeper

Re: Control Your I-Pace With Siri!

Post by sgtpeper » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:08 pm

Now, can you come up with a way to allow you to use the voice command button in the car to summon Siri without having the phone plugged in?!

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:12 pm

sgtpeper wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:08 pm
Now, can you come up with a way to allow you to use the voice command button in the car to summon Siri without having the phone plugged in?!
These aren’t really any use when you’re in the car. They’re designed for use when you are away from the car.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.

odogan

Post by odogan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:01 pm

Goshdarnit wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:04 pm
Hi all. I’ve managed to create a few Siri Shortcuts to control your Jag with Siri voice commands. I’ll be adding more as I create them. In order to use them you’ll need to have an iPhone, and also download and install Apple’s Shortcuts app. You’ll also need to generate a UUID 4 token. I did this using https://www.uuidgenerator.net but there are others that do the same job. Make sure you create a version 4 code. You only need to create one code and can then reuse the same one for all shortcuts.

Then you need to go into the shortcut and scroll through the first few items and put your login and vehicle details where it tells you to (make sure you delete the text instructions and just have the required text in that box).

unlock your car
lock your car
check your cars SOC and range
switch on the cabin preconditioning

If you want to launch these using Siri voice commands you’ll have to click on the little “sliders” icon at the top right of the shortcut and then click on “add to siri” and record whatever command you want to use to launch it.

Hopefully it’s all self explanatory but if you have any problems, feels free to PM me.

Finally, huge thanks to ardevd for all his efforts to reverse engineer the API and without whom I’d never have been able to create these shortcuts.
Great! Thanks! I'm refactoring it at the moment so it will be easy to maintain and update. Will post it here soon. The new version will easy to use different values, like using the KM range instead of Miles.
The Netherlands
I-Pace SE, Corris Grey, Panoramic roof, 20” wheels, Adaptive Dynamics with Air Suspension, Black Ext. Pack, HUD

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:14 pm

Sorry. I meant to post the link to the KM one as well. I’ve added it to the list above. If anyone wants anything in particular, let me know and I’ll try and do it. I’m going to add a few and update this post as I do them.

Captain.Plummet

Post by Captain.Plummet » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:50 am

Hi, great information and thanks for sharing. I can get the aircon and range shortcuts to work, but not the lock and unlock. Might that be due to Jaguar software updates?

Captain.Plummet

Post by Captain.Plummet » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:55 am

Interestingly the range check reports the actual battery charge rather than the I-Pace display. At 100% display charge the shortcut reports 82.5%.

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:11 pm

That’s odd. Unlock and lock work fine with mine although not if the key is inside the car. And the range check gives me the same figures as the InControl app. Updated to S19A yesterday and it still works the same.

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:05 pm

I’ve updated the two range check shortcuts to work with S19A. The new software has altered some of its indexing so the old shortcut was giving “Unknown” as the current SOC. If you need to use it with version S18 then please PM me and I’ll send you a link to an old version.

odogan

Post by odogan » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:03 pm

Goshdarnit wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:05 pm
I’ve updated the two range check shortcuts to work with S19A. The new software has altered some of its indexing so the old shortcut was giving “Unknown” as the current SOC. If you need to use it with version S18 then please PM me and I’ll send you a link to an old version.
Sorry for the delay, did not have time for sharing a new version. Here you can find the refactored version for the range check. It's now possible just to define a variable based on the key name. So changing the index won't affect the command.
Maybe you can use this in future updates and for other commands also

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/892e74 ... 3a8d5233fb
The Netherlands
I-Pace SE, Corris Grey, Panoramic roof, 20” wheels, Adaptive Dynamics with Air Suspension, Black Ext. Pack, HUD

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”