Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Triple Award.

4K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  ChrisMc 
#1 ·
Hot news just in 3 mins ago I-PACE has won world car of year and world design car of year and world green car of year award in New York!
Incredible achievement for an amazing car. :D

#6 ·
So, JLR CEO admits in his interview for CNBC after iPace wins Car of the Year in the USA, that the major part of Land Rover's consistently appalling reliability and dependability stats in the USA ,where the brand comes out at the bottom or near the bottom of all surveys, are "electronics based".

In his words having admitted that incontrovertible fact, he says "we (now) have a programme in place to fundamentally transform that part of the business."

Good news then in one sense, but anyone with half a business brain has to ask how on earth JLR has got themselves into that position in the first place, when competitive like brands like MB or BMW are way ahead of the game, not to mention Tesla's software, and then one can't help but lament that JLR has managed to import all or most of these "electronics based" issues into a vehicle which would otherwise be a whole-hearted star of the luxury vehicle business with no proviso's at all, the iPace!

Surely there has to be some heavy questioning about the competence of those in this part of the business and at least some heads should roll.

#7 ·
I think sometimes people forget how small a company Jag is. Honestly, they're just not going to have the same resources as companies the size of Mercedes or bmw. I actually think they now have a real chance to grow into that, but at the moment they are a very small fish.

#10 ·
Jaguar took a big risk with the I-Pace. The pragmatic way to make an EV is to take your gasoline car, and stuff batteries in it.
Instead, they went in it to win it. Clean sheet design. And it shows. Never since the first Generation Model S has an EV looked so good as a Car, instead of a Green Car.

Congrats out to the I-Pace development team. :cool:

#11 ·
McRat said:
Jaguar took a big risk with the I-Pace. The pragmatic way to make an EV is to take your gasoline car, and stuff batteries in it.
Instead, they went in it to win it. Clean sheet design. And it shows. Never since the first Generation Model S has an EV looked so good as a Car, instead of a Green Car.

Congrats out to the I-Pace development team. :cool:
Couldn't agree more :!:

#12 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.