WattCat - InControl remote app for Android

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
ardevd

Re: WattCat - InControl remote app for Android

Post by ardevd » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:28 pm

Hi all!

Anyone with a MY2021 vehicle who uses WattCat and can share their experiences? Im looking to figure out if I need to add any MY2021 specific updates to the app.

Thanks all!
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy or WattCat for Android| I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

Telematics: 18.2 | InControl: S20B_20.27.3-568398

ACB5

Post by ACB5 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:28 pm

On the details page the aux battery voltage shows 0.0v. I have noticed the range and battery level not updating after a charge but this is the same in the Incontrol app so assume it is a car thing not your app, all OK after the car is unlocked and locked again to refresh. It does not show a TCU config version but not sure if it should.
In vehicle subscriptions it shows unknown service except for Incontrol and ecall.

Otherwise a really superb app and use it al the time so really grateful for your time in putting all this together.
MY21 HSE Caesium Blue, Black Wheels, No badges, Rear aircon, Privacy glass, Sunroof, Clearsight Camera, Wireless charger.

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:54 pm

ACB5 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:28 pm
On the details page the aux battery voltage shows 0.0v. I have noticed the range and battery level not updating after a charge but this is the same in the Incontrol app so assume it is a car thing not your app, all OK after the car is unlocked and locked again to refresh. It does not show a TCU config version but not sure if it should.
In vehicle subscriptions it shows unknown service except for Incontrol and ecall.

Otherwise a really superb app and use it al the time so really grateful for your time in putting all this together.
Interesting that the services are listed as unknown. It means MY2021 service codes are different. I found the MY2021 specific ones now. Will add them for the next WattCat update :) Thanks!
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy or WattCat for Android| I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

MyCat

Post by MyCat » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:32 pm

ardevd wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:54 pm
ACB5 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:28 pm

Interesting that the services are listed as unknown. It means MY2021 service codes are different. I found the MY2021 specific ones now. Will add them for the next WattCat update :) Thanks!
Hi ardevd,

Thank you very much for all your efforts in producing the app. Just checking if the MY2021 service codes have been added to the latest update (1.5.20)? I have updated the app but have not noticed anything different in the vehicle details in the latest version compared to the previous one...
What should be different assuming the new service codes are incorporated?
MY21. SE Fuji white, Black pack, 5068 black alloys, panoramic roof.

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:38 pm

The update is not published yet, but I'll get it out in a few days. You'll be able to see what the subscriptions are and when the expire :)

kermit68

Post by kermit68 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:17 am

ardevd wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:38 pm
The update is not published yet, but I'll get it out in a few days. You'll be able to see what the subscriptions are and when the expire :)
Hi Ardevd, did you modified anything with regard to tirepressure monitor ? My car has been serviced last week for th the TCU not showing SW version and not downloading SOTA and now and have no pressure data reported in Wattcat. I don't even know if the two events are related, so just checking.

According to the dealer they have not updated the TCU as JLR told them to wait for a new update that will take care of this issue. But honestly I have no idea what they have done.
Last edited by kermit68 on Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY20 Yulong White SE, 20", air suspension, privacy glass, black pack and other fine stuffs

geve

Post by geve » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:04 pm

Check some historical message in this post this is typical problem when the tire pressure values communicated are wrong then Wattcat will not display them in app. Just wait a bit and it will sort itselve out I have it many times .
I-Pace SE corris grey_MY20- S20C_20.43.1-618886 - TMC 16.2 - 20"wheels

Maettu

Post by Maettu » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:21 pm

Hi ardevd
1. Great app, thx a lot! I use the german translation.
2. Will receive a MY21 tomorrow and would like to give some feedback (I work at a software dev firm, but just dabble in "programming" myself (T-SQL mostly), so please take no offense if I am not spot on in my findings.

a. In "Services" there are two "unknown Services", with ID CHE025RM_J and ID CHE087AY_J -> sorry, just realized you already found them.
b. The home screen shows "doors unlocked", while the details screen shows "False - all doors locked" The "False" is not translated to german)
c. The Alert Log messages are not translated (and look like Codemappings) dunno whether thats intended
d. Under "Preferences" there is the "Vehicle lock reminders" which has no translation to german. Translation can be
Header: Benachrichtigung "Fahrzeug nicht abgeschlossen""
Text: "Erhalten Sie eine Benachrichtigung, wenn Sie sich von einem unverschlossenen Fahrzeug entfernen"

Not related to your app - it was really funny that at first the data seemed consistent and after a few hours I got the inconsistencies that others also experienced. 0% charge, but 70bar tire pressure. Well at least I know where the charge went.

I would love to get rid of the cloud shit of the app and use my own homeserver for the polling, but ofc that won't be possible. sigh.

Is there any official place where we ("the owners") can communicate with the JLR devs to discuss those issues with them?
ElectroCat MY21
Software bugs now at release 3.0.2 P12AR

Minstadave

Post by Minstadave » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:01 pm

ardevd wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:38 pm
Any chance you could look at the issue where trying to pause charging fails? Apparently the Mypace workaround may solve the issue.

numec

Post by numec » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:24 pm

Hello, I was trying to set the charge limit to 80% SOC yesterday using wattcat, but I ended up with 100% charge this morning? Reason being is, I want to try the preferred time charge in the car (12:30-4:30 am) before switching to Octopus Go. My home charger is the NewMotion Advance charger, so I can't control the preferred time using the NewMotion app. Also the wattcat logging was curtailed after 65%?
Did I missed any settings within the app?
The car is 21MY with Pivi Pro and latest TCU update. The Pivi however is due for an update.
Last edited by numec on Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.