Charging indicator

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
RJUK

Charging indicator

Post by RJUK » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:49 pm

Hi folks, I finally had my Andersen A2 home charger installed today, and plugged the car in to charge. The light came on green at first, but now seems to have gone off. The app says the car is charging and taking on range, but the light next to the cahrge port stays off.

Is this correct behaviour, or does it just flash really slow? It's pouring down with torrential rain at the moment, so I can't exactly spend 5 minutes watching it!

Thanks!
Narvik Black I-Pace HSE with black everything, HUD, adaptive air suspension, privacy glass. 8-)

ELray

Re: Charging indicator

Post by ELray » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:51 pm

If it’s on the car you mean, then yes. This is normal.
🇳🇴 Norway
:arrow: I-Pace S Edition X590 (19MY)
:arrow: Build date: 1 Feb 2019 | Delivered: 15 March 2019 |Telematics: 16.2 | InControl: S19A_19.24.2-375121 | Maps: 08.030.0098.0153

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:04 pm

Yes, the light on the car, next to the charge port. Presumably it shows the status for a minute or something, then turns off?
Narvik Black I-Pace HSE with black everything, HUD, adaptive air suspension, privacy glass. 8-)

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:09 pm

Also, I checked the user guide on the Jaguar app and it said the only way to charge the battery is to remove it from the vehicle, and to contact my local Jaguar dealer! 🤣

Almost tempted to do it, just to encourage them to write a proper guide...

SammyD

Post by SammyD » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:51 pm

RJUK wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:49 pm
Hi folks, I finally had my Andersen A2 home charger installed today, and plugged the car in to charge. The light came on green at first, but now seems to have gone off. The app says the car is charging and taking on range, but the light next to the cahrge port stays off.

Is this correct behaviour, or does it just flash really slow? It's pouring down with torrential rain at the moment, so I can't exactly spend 5 minutes watching it!

Thanks!
If you mean the light on the car's charging port that is on the right of the socket then it changes from white to flashing green and after a few seconds (15 or so) it goes out.

If your Jaguar App shows that the car is connected and charging and that the range is increasing then you are good to go.
Checking your electricity meter will also verify if the car is sucking up power.
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D
S19A_19.24.2-375121 Maps : whatever is current.

alex_haddock

Post by alex_haddock » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:11 pm

RJUK wrote:

Thanks!
Shouldn’t the Andersen Konnect app also say what’s going on too? I don’t know as they need to come back to check why my P1 isn’t connecting over ethernet (charger currently just working as a dumb charger). Still as per the others normally if the app says its charging and you see the % increasing it should be fine 👍
i-Pace First Edition, Santorini Black, 20", 04/03/19
Known Software: 16.2 - S19A_19.24.2-37512
H228 Completed (Telematics module replaced)

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:12 pm

Thanks. It really should explain that in the manual or on the charging door. From what the sticker says I was expecting the green light to stay on whilst charging.

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:14 pm

alex_haddock wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:11 pm
RJUK wrote:

Thanks!
Shouldn’t the Andersen Konnect app also say what’s going on too? I don’t know as they need to come back to check why my P1 isn’t connecting over ethernet (charger currently just working as a dumb charger). Still as per the others normally if the app says its charging and you see the % increasing it should be fine 👍
It should, but mine doesn't work either! They blamed a "weak connection" from the hardwire of mine (which is being sent via a power socket ethernet sender). Sounds like BS to me. I think the Andersen app just isn't working properly at the moment. Mone's effectively a dumb charger also. *Sigh*

ProjectZ

Post by ProjectZ » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:16 pm

If you’re using a powerline adaptor for the cat6 are you 100% sure they’re on the same circuit? If not it won’t connect.

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:42 pm

ProjectZ wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:16 pm
If you’re using a powerline adaptor for the cat6 are you 100% sure they’re on the same circuit? If not it won’t connect.
Yeah, it connected. The installer confirmed it was connected and Andersen confirm that the unit is intermittently trying to connect their servers and trying to download an update.

It just doesn't seem to be working. When you pay so much for a charger and installation you expect it to be working when the installer leaves. I don't blame the installer though. He's wired it all in and it very much sounds like the problem is at Andersen's end.

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”