Retro-fitting an Activity Key

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Token74

Retro-fitting an Activity Key

Post by Token74 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:50 am

I am due to collect an I-Pace at the beginning of next month. Although it is new, it is from stock so I didn't spec it, and sadly it doesn't have the Activity Key specified.

My dealer doesn't think that it is possible to have an activity key if it wasn't part of the original build, but I've read on the web that it is possible. Has anyone actually done this?

The dealer I'm buying from has been really good in terms of service up to this point, but my experience with JLR over the years has me doubting their product knowledge.

Chrisb

Re: Retro-fitting an Activity Key

Post by Chrisb » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:47 am

Hi,
I had the activity key retro fitted by the dealership on my F-Pace. They started by saying it couldn't be done, but when I showed them it said dealer fit in the catalogue, they rang JLR who confirmed it was just a case of removing the rear trim from the boot lid, plugging in the module, refitting the trim and coding it via the computer. Took a couple of hours as it was the first one they had done.
Cant imagine the Ipace is any different

Token74

Post by Token74 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:46 am

Chrisb wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:47 am
Hi,
I had the activity key retro fitted by the dealership on my F-Pace. They started by saying it couldn't be done, but when I showed them it said dealer fit in the catalogue, they rang JLR who confirmed it was just a case of removing the rear trim from the boot lid, plugging in the module, refitting the trim and coding it via the computer. Took a couple of hours as it was the first one they had done.
Great, thank you very much. Was it worth the cost?

pedro1664

Post by pedro1664 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:14 am

Token74 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:46 am
Chrisb wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:47 am
Hi,
Great, thank you very much. Was it worth the cost?
I had it fitted as standard in the factory, its great but i used it once so far, but very handy if you dont want to carry the key for some reason... i would not buy one again all the same, thought i would use it more than i do... but everyone is different
I-Pace HSE, Silicon Silver, 22" 5056 Black Pack
IMC: S19A_19.24.2-375121

Token74

Post by Token74 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:59 am

I've spoken to my dealer again and although he was aware that an F-Pace can have the Activity Key retro-fitted, he doesn't believe it is possible/available on the I-Pace.

I collected the car this morning and he very generously gave me a complimentary Activity Key that he had in stock, just in case I was able to find somebody able to retro-fit it.

Anyone got any ideas? I assume there is a module that would need to be purchased and fitted, would I just go direct to Jaguar for that?

alex_haddock

Post by alex_haddock » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:54 pm

Mine came with my car, I used it once in anger and after 5 days away got locked out of my car. Fortunately had my phone with me and had set the car to wake up that day. It reactivated fine though had to re-lock the car with phone and then open with key.

As it was the kind of trip I was on (hiking) worked well as activity key and phone were with me. I sadly don’t dare trust it now in a situation where I’d only have the activity key and not the phone with me (beach/outdoor swimming perhaps).

It may be that it times out after a period of time and wasn't intended for more than a few hours but sadly once burnt....
i-Pace First Edition, Santorini Black, 20", 04/03/19
Known Software: 16.2 - S19A_19.24.2-37512
H228 Completed (Telematics module replaced)

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”