Re: New SOTA InControl Touch update !!!

Post by kermit68 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:38 pm

ardevd wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:59 pm
bimjim wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:48 pm
NightFox wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:35 pm
If you're not seeing this update it doesn't necessarily mean SOTA isn't active on your vehicle - I had the previous update over SOTA, but I'm still getting "no updates available" for this one at the moment. I'm guessing I'll get it some time next week if no problems get flagged up with it in the meantime.
I'm in the same situation, having received the last (my first) SOTA update at the beginning of August, nothing showing on mine at the moment.
It's a staged rollout so it's going to take time
I hope this is not the problem most of us can't see the update. If JLR can't support a near real time 77Mb Sota to their cars I think their ICT infrastructure is severely undersized...
Or, from another point of view, how can Tesla manage a major software upgrade as they are doing these days without all the problems we're having with JLR?
Today I called my dealer and I have a phone call scheduled for tomorrow morning as he wants me in the car before doing anything. I hope he doesn't want just to explain me how to enable Sota on the car settings ....
MY20 Yulong White SE, 20", air suspension, privacy glass, black pack and other fine stuffs

Intermezzo

Post by Intermezzo » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:52 pm

Today i installed the new version. Android Auto is Back in the menu. I didn't receive this version as a SOTA, but i had to install it with the Pathfinder software and DOip communication tool. First impression is good. Tomorrow i wil know if the creep mode issue is solved.

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:01 pm

kermit68 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:38 pm
I hope this is not the problem most of us can't see the update. If JLR can't support a near real time 77Mb Sota to their cars I think their ICT infrastructure is severely undersized...
Or, from another point of view, how can Tesla manage a major software upgrade as they are doing these days without all the problems we're having with JLR?
Today I called my dealer and I have a phone call scheduled for tomorrow morning as he wants me in the car before doing anything. I hope he doesn't want just to explain me how to enable Sota on the car settings ....
I think they've just been very cautious. This SOTA thing is new to them and they are still gathering feedback. I was told the long staged rollouts will be a thing of the past going forward so hopefully they'll be rolling out updates directly to all customers without involving dealers at all. That's what I was told was the plan :)
Last edited by ardevd on Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy or WattCat for Android| I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

Telematics: 16.2 | InControl: S19B_19.35.4-418001

pedro1664

Post by pedro1664 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:14 pm

Got it today after a call to my dealer, I have received updates in the past but not this one without the call. Sat in the car while on the phone and it showed up!! All good, not tested anything yet, happy to have it
I-Pace HSE, Silicon Silver, 22" 5056 Black Pack
IMC: S19B

hereu

Post by hereu » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:29 pm

Yep, my dealer sent me this when I called and asked for it. I already had updates enabled but still had to call for this one.
It may be in time each dealer just sends them all out in Topix, but I wouldn't rely on that.
Blue, cream, pana, gesture etc 20" HSE

ptblad

Post by ptblad » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:03 pm

Contacted dealer who enabled SOTA in Topix. Downloaded and installed the update a couple of hours later. Noticed two things so far: infotainment system is snappier and finally Android Auto is enabled here in Sweden 👍
🇸🇪 Swe - Firenze Red I-Pace HSE, red seats, black inner roof, black exterior pack, air suspension, head-up display. Ordered January 2019. Delivered 23 May 2019.

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:40 pm

kermit68 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:38 pm
ardevd wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:59 pm
bimjim wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:48 pm

I'm in the same situation, having received the last (my first) SOTA update at the beginning of August, nothing showing on mine at the moment.
It's a staged rollout so it's going to take time
Not sure if you realise this, but Tesla also rolls out SOTA updates gradually. They don’t all download to everyone’s car at once.

qqiao

Post by qqiao » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:48 pm

Meh...

My dealer insist on me bring the car in... Which begs the question, would authorized 3rd parties be able to trigger the SOTA in their topix?
2019 IPace FE. Corris grey exterior. Oyster white interior.
S19B_19.40.4-436082/14.2

JonB

Post by JonB » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:53 pm

So I get an email from JLR yesterday entitled "Don't forget to install the latest software update for your Jaguar."[/u] with some fancy graphics and the first line of text saying "We've noticed that you haven't installed the latest software update for your Jaguar."

So I go out to the car tonight to complete said software update and get standard message "Your software is up to date" for both incontrol and vehicle softare with my last update some time ago. I am still on 19A lah de dah etc etc.

Thanks JLR.

Anyone have any comments?

Doc MyA

Post by Doc MyA » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:53 am

SOTA updated 2day here in Canada.

DD58D868-306F-41ED-9329-E6DEFF1D6E7C.jpeg

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”