New SOTA InControl Touch update !!!

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
scm

Re: New SOTA InControl Touch update !!!

Post by scm » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:22 pm

Koala wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:34 pm
Quick update from Germany for this. Same update procedure... I could monitor on my home router, that the download rate for the update was very low, around 2-3 MBit/s, far away from the 50MBit/s it could be, the WiFi indicator was showing a strong signal.
Maybe speed limited at the server?

emgf

Post by emgf » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:18 pm

Koala wrote:
Quick update from Germany for this. Same update procedure as everywhere else: Just stopped by at a Jaguar dealer here today at Nuremberg, Autohaus Road Star, same dealer who has carried out the H228 etc. for my I-Pace. The friendly Service Advisor released the update in TopiX within a minute. He reminded me, that it may take up to 24h until the update shows up the car.

My technician told me for the 19B u)grade that it will show up on the car after 5 minutes
SE Yulong White , light oyster interior , 20" Gloss Black , since October 9th 2018 , IMC: S19B_19.40.4-436082 Telematics 16.2

SammyD

Post by SammyD » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:09 pm

I sent a long email to JLR on Friday outlining all the frustrations and issues that have been well documented in this forum.
It is clear to all of us what the problems are. If anyone at JLR is reading this thread (even on the QT) can they just make their managers aware of what is going on out in the field.
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D
S19B_* Maps : whatever is current.

Radi513

Post by Radi513 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:14 pm

Koala wrote:
My wish list for Jaguar for SOTA:
1. Make it independent from any dealer action.
2. Do a check for new updates every night (or once a week or so), and download, install, reboot the system right away.
3. Next morning you could just view the "update done" message and be happy!
Dreaming of the following:
1. Map updates OTA, if the car has external WiFi access. This could also be done overnight with no hassles.
Let’s see ….
I wish that SOTA updates become visible in Jaguar Remote when available.
EV400 MY19 delivered february 2019
Caesium Blue. Ebony Grained Leather 10 Way Heated Seats. Ebony Morzine headliner. Driver Assist Pack. Air Suspension. Meridian Surround. Heads Up Display. 20" summer + winter +++

Volkswarren

Post by Volkswarren » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:18 pm

I raised a query in topix and had a reply today with a screenshot showing sota is greyed out on my car, so definitely not enabled, no wonder I’m not getting any updates! Not sure they will change it though, plus my dealer doesn’t know if they can enable it or not, they are looking into it :(
HSE, Caesium Blue, 22" 5056 Alloys, Oyster Leather, Active Air Suspension, Cold Pack, Black Pack, Privacy glass and Pano roof. Podpoint Homecharger. Telematics: 16.2 | InControl: S19B_19.40.4-436082

Simonmac

Post by Simonmac » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:50 pm

So confused here on this 19B update, even after reading the full thread! The first image in the thread has a Vehicle Software tab in the 5th tab position.

When in topix in the past, I’ve seen that tab, and seen that SOTA was in the green activated position. I recently had a SOTA update to my car to go to 19A 19.24 so all good right!

Not so..... in topix now the vehicle update tab is completely missing, so can’t tell if SOTA is still active, can’t see any updates available and certainly no ‘update’ that I can ask a dealer to do to push an update for 19B

How on earth do I get 19B now? Answers on a postcard please :D

pedro1664

Post by pedro1664 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:41 pm

Simonmac wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:50 pm
So confused here on this 19B update, even after reading the full thread! The first image in the thread has a Vehicle Software tab in the 5th tab position.

When in topix in the past, I’ve seen that tab, and seen that SOTA was in the green activated position. I recently had a SOTA update to my car to go to 19A 19.24 so all good right!

Not so..... in topix now the vehicle update tab is completely missing, so can’t tell if SOTA is still active, can’t see any updates available and certainly no ‘update’ that I can ask a dealer to do to push an update for 19B

Same as me

Call the dealer, they activate it again and then as if by magic it shows as available.

Dowoad, install and reboot.... 19B

Hope that helps!!
I-Pace HSE, Silicon Silver, 22" 5056 Black Pack
IMC: S19B

patkinson1966

Post by patkinson1966 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:37 am

Morning...

I’m back at the dealer at 08:30 today, three hours from now, after arranging to speak with their I-Pace guru.

I’ll let you know how I get on.
Corris Grey First Edition.

ChrisMc

Post by ChrisMc » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:30 am

Simonmac wrote:

You call them and speak to an engineer and tell them to push the update to your car, don't get put off by the service desk clerk saying there is nothing to update, there is, its just that the engineer or whoever needs to drill down into the Topix software section a bit more, that part I have never seen in Topix and just logging in might not show it at the dealer end, but it is there for those who know or have the authority to access it.

I had the same problem last week, when I said to the lady on the service desk I will give you the update reference, and asked for an engineer, it was all sorted out straight away. You need to be a bit pushy as not all of them know what to look for and don't know that there is even a new update that has come out.
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 in Black with full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc etc
InControlTouch Pro: S18D Updated 31.07.19 Updated 20.09.19 & 21.10.19 to S19B Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2?? - H228

slowlane

Post by slowlane » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:49 am

ChrisMc wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:30 am
Simonmac wrote:

You call them and speak to an engineer and tell them to push the update to your car, don't get put off by the service desk clerk saying there is nothing to update, there is, its just that the engineer or whoever needs to drill down into the Topix software section a bit more, that part I have never seen in Topix and just logging in might not show it at the dealer end, but it is there for those who know or have the authority to access it.

I had the same problem last week, when I said to the lady on the service desk I will give you the update reference, and asked for an engineer, it was all sorted out straight away. You need to be a bit pushy as not all of them know what to look for and don't know that there is even a new update that has come out.
Fully endorse your reply to Simonmac; I have a private 'retailer' registration to Topix and this lacks the Vehicle Software tab in the all vehicle details subsection, but the dealer has the extra tab. I called my dealer's service desk yesterday and talked the staff member through the Topix screens and had them release the update. She thanked me for this as she had not noticed the extra tab before and had thought that only the campaigns tab listed updates. So, it is clear that more training is needed in dealers, quite apart from the annoyance of having to beg for their action.
SE MY19 since 03/19. TouchPro S19B_19.40.4-436082, telematics still 14.2.

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”