Reduced milage with S19B Anyone?

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Caman
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:12 am
Location: Norge

Reduced milage with S19B Anyone?

Post by Caman » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:54 pm

I've noticed that GOM estimates lower milage with S19B_19.35.4-418001 than earlier in S19A...
In KM it has been redused from 425 to 325 at 100%

GOM reset do not work.

Had the same bug some versions ago, but in my car it has crawled back 😤

Anyone else that has experienced the same?
2019 First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut rims.
Norway.

InControl: S19B_19.35.4-418001
Telematics: 16.2 updated to "invisible"
Updated BCM
Updated H228


Jelle v/d Meer
Posts: 966
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:43 pm
Location: Tilburg / Netherlands

Re: Reduced milage with S19B Anyone?

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:18 pm

Nope sorry - I got all the updates end of August and since better efficiency and a higher GOM range prediction which is pretty accurate. Previous GOM was approx 300-325km now I am seeing 350-375km.

Today I left fully charged with 368km range on GOM, drove 3 trips in total 232km at avg speed 90-95km/h and arrived home with 150km left on the GOM.
I-pace S + HUD, Drive Pack, Light Oyster Sport Seats, Elec Tailgate, DAB+ & heated windshield I Ceasium Blue & 18" wheels


User avatar
Terry60
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:59 pm
Location: Wilts UK

Re: Reduced milage with S19B Anyone?

Post by Terry60 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:11 am

No.
S19B installed and GOM shows 244 miles which is exactly equal to my rolling average range as calculated from journey stats on the remote app.
Ex A3 e-tron (138mpg over 4 years)
Now in Black HSE (every tech option, no bling) MY20 VIN 829.. IC S19B_19.35 Tele 16.2 Maps 100.153
Awaiting PV, Powerwall, Zappi.
Looking forward to free motoring. (barring the cost of all the kit !)


Goshdarnit
Posts: 2283
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:55 pm
Location: UK

Re: Reduced milage with S19B Anyone?

Post by Goshdarnit » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:37 am

Caman wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:54 pm
I've noticed that GOM estimates lower milage with S19B_19.35.4-418001 than earlier in S19A...
In KM it has been redused from 425 to 325 at 100%

GOM reset do not work.

Had the same bug some versions ago, but in my car it has crawled back 😤

Anyone else that has experienced the same?
I suspect that you are suffering from the 201 bug. Leave it until you’ve done about 700 miles, and then try a GOM reset. I know of no other way of fixing that.


Chewy
Posts: 1904
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:46 pm
Location: Forest of Dean. UK.

Re: Reduced milage with S19B Anyone?

Post by Chewy » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:03 am

Goshdarnit wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:37 am
Caman wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:54 pm
I've noticed that GOM estimates lower milage with S19B_19.35.4-418001 than earlier in S19A...
In KM it has been redused from 425 to 325 at 100%

GOM reset do not work.

Had the same bug some versions ago, but in my car it has crawled back 😤

Anyone else that has experienced the same?
I suspect that you are suffering from the 201 bug. Leave it until you’ve done about 700 miles, and then try a GOM reset. I know of no other way of fixing that.
But, but, but.....

There are no known issues in 19B according to Jaguar. The 201 issue was a known problem so would have been fixed? 201 miles is 325 km though. Oh dear, I guess that one has slipped through the extensive testing carried out that delayed the release by several weeks.


pedro1664
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:30 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Reduced milage with S19B Anyone?

Post by pedro1664 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:02 pm

Had the same bug some versions ago, but in my car it has crawled back 😤

Anyone else that has experienced the same?
[/quote]

I have seen a difference in the reads out, lower until i put it into ECO mode with AC off, then its about the same... 201 upto 225ish...not sure if that is what you are seeing?
I-Pace HSE, Silicon Silver, 22" 5056 Black Pack
IMC: S19B


Goshdarnit
Posts: 2283
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:55 pm
Location: UK

Re: Reduced milage with S19B Anyone?

Post by Goshdarnit » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:00 pm

Chewy wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:03 am
Goshdarnit wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:37 am
Caman wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:54 pm
I've noticed that GOM estimates lower milage with S19B_19.35.4-418001 than earlier in S19A...
In KM it has been redused from 425 to 325 at 100%

GOM reset do not work.

Had the same bug some versions ago, but in my car it has crawled back 😤

Anyone else that has experienced the same?
I suspect that you are suffering from the 201 bug. Leave it until you’ve done about 700 miles, and then try a GOM reset. I know of no other way of fixing that.
But, but, but.....

There are no known issues in 19B according to Jaguar. The 201 issue was a known problem so would have been fixed? 201 miles is 325 km though. Oh dear, I guess that one has slipped through the extensive testing carried out that delayed the release by several weeks.
201 is highly unlikely to be an infotainment bug.


alex_haddock
Posts: 352
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:27 am
Location: Hertfordshire
Contact:

Re: Reduced milage with S19B Anyone?

Post by alex_haddock » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:31 pm

I've got the 201 max bug at the moment but it actually doesn't bother me at all. Now I'm not making excuses for JLR here, its a bug for sure. However, for any of the journeys I make that are likely to need a charge (mainly motorway) then 201 is actually a realistic upper limit and I'm more interested in how that decreases over the journey than if I'd managed to get 244 miles average on back roads where I'd nearly never use a public charger. 244 is great till you actually need it on a journey that rapidly becomes 200...

I don't have 19B yet, will wait to see if it comes to SOTA without asking given no major issues with my 19A version.
i-Pace First Edition, Santorini Black, 20", 04/03/19
Known Software: 16.2 (Telematics module replaced) - S19B (dealer initiated)
H228 Completed


Chewy
Posts: 1904
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:46 pm
Location: Forest of Dean. UK.

Re: Reduced milage with S19B Anyone?

Post by Chewy » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:07 pm

Goshdarnit wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:00 pm
Chewy wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:03 am
Goshdarnit wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:37 am


I suspect that you are suffering from the 201 bug. Leave it until you’ve done about 700 miles, and then try a GOM reset. I know of no other way of fixing that.
But, but, but.....

There are no known issues in 19B according to Jaguar. The 201 issue was a known problem so would have been fixed? 201 miles is 325 km though. Oh dear, I guess that one has slipped through the extensive testing carried out that delayed the release by several weeks.
201 is highly unlikely to be an infotainment bug.
But, but, but......

It must be an interaction between the other car systems and 19B as the OP didn’t see it as an issue until 19B was installed - which suggests a bug somewhere in the 19B software :-(

Wonder if H228 was applied before the S19B update ?


Neilxm
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:06 pm
Location: Leicestershire

Re: Reduced milage with S19B Anyone?

Post by Neilxm » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:37 am

Could someone explain what a GOM reset is please and how to do it?
:x :)
Neil
———-
IPace Yulong White April 2019


Post Reply

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”