Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Creep fix and missing icons

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Garryjw 
#1 ·
My recently delivered car is scheduled to go back to the dealership because I complained about the vehicle creep setting not saving when car is turned off and the disappearing creep icon etc.
Is there a software update release that fixes these, or am I wasting my time taking it back at this time?

#2 ·
These and other issues were fixed with InControl software version 19B, recently released.
Full version number is in my signature below.

#4 ·
NYK said:
Thanks and this update to 19B must be done by the dealership I presume? How does one determine the version number loaded into the car?
Yes and no. it can be done via SOTA, but it has to be enabled by the dealer. You can check your current version by going to settings and then updates.

Right now 19B isn't rolled out to everyone yet, you have to call your dealer, ask them to go to topix and push it to your car. You have to give them your VIN

#5 ·
qqiao said:
NYK said:
Thanks and this update to 19B must be done by the dealership I presume? How does one determine the version number loaded into the car?
No, it can be done via SOTA. You can check your current version by going to settings and then updates.

Right now 19B isn't rolled out to everyone yet, you have to call your dealer, ask them to go to topix and push it to your car. You have to give them your VIN
NYK, you might want to read this thread as some are having issues getting their dealer to take the necessary action:

https://www.ipaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2454

#7 ·
If you just want this one item, you can call them and have it done over the air, just need to be prepared to instruct them what to do since not all dealers know how to handle SOTA.

#9 ·
The last point about signing in is interesting. At the moment although the car appears to log me in as it shows my colour icon on the home screen, I find that I have to log out, then log back in as my home screen 1 is otherwise blank.

I did phone my dealer today, not sure if Tonbridge is representative of all dealers but the first service person was downright unhelpful, denying that the 19B could be updated over the air, doubting that it would do what I wanted and then admitting she had no knowledge of either the issue or 19B. I suggested politely that she go away, find out and call me back, that never happened. So, several hours later I spoke to another service person, she agreed to go and seek out the master technician and get back to me. Just received the returned call. She assured me that the SOTA could not address this sort of problem I had and could only fix navigation and update diagnostic software. When asked what she meant by updating diagnostic software she then changed tack and said that the problems I was describing may no be resolved by 19B and might be caused by something totally different to what 19B was designed to fix and that the car still had to come in. Was I convinced or impressed by what she said? Well that would be a no.

#10 ·
OK I've been doing some research into this subject and it seems I may have to give the dealers some latitude on this. It appears that quite a number of dealers have been told nothing about 19b by JLR and will only know about it if they dig into topix. They are also not being paid by JLR to push the updates.

The 19B release notes also do not mention creep explicitly just that there are no known bugs in this release. They should read between the lines there as creep and missing icons were known bugs.

Also if you haven't had the SOTA update done {H228} you will need a service visit.

I think the attitude at your dealer doesn't sound at all helpful though. The good news is 19b should go public and be pushed to everyone {who has the SOTA update} very soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.