Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Squeaky Bum time

5K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  i-Tray 
#1 ·
Been away for the weekend in Berlin and landed home last night - at the same time the wife had been to her parents for the weekend and hadn't plugged it in and I didn't think to.

Got up this morning and ready to head to work and range showing 25 miles. Hitting ECO mode didn't increase it (normally does post update but guess its too small a figure to impact).

Work is 19 miles and there are 7kw chargers there - so thought I would head in.

It was a cold morning (4-6 dregrees) and after 4 miles the range and distance to go were now equal - so I decided to put the car into the low power mode to eek it out.

Got off the motorway with 4.5 miles to go to the office and now the range was showing 3 miles.

The last bit is mostly uphill and with 2 miles to go we hit zero.

Another mile later and the car then displayed a red warning symbol and stated car is going to shutdown find a safe place to stop!

I made the judgement that I could coast to the side if needed anywhere on the remaining route safely and pressed on - I assumed that JLR would give you a bit of 'room' to get off a major road etc.

Thankfully I was right and the car managed to get to work and it safely charged all day.

How far have people gone in a similar position?

See less See more
#3 ·
Not sure.

I hit 0% and 0 miles with 2 miles to go. I drove another mile with the on the display and then I got the warning saying it was going to shut down, but I did another mile in that state and got to the office and plugged in.

In the old petrol days I have done 20 miles on a 0 range before - and guess they will all build some buffer in.

#9 ·
One evening I left the motorway with 14 miles of range showing - I was 14 miles from home - so I thought ..... OK this will be tight.
…… at "10 miles remaining" the display suddenly went to Zero and a mile later got the "look for a safe place to pull over" warning.
It was cold and raining so I persevered.
After about a mile everything went off (and I mean EVERYTHING) except the headlights, wipers …. and I think the speedo - you don't realise how much light there is in the cabin until it all goes off.
It was a bit scary - my maximum speed was about 25-30mph
Just before my house there is a very steep hill - I really thought I wasn't going to make it - but I did …… just (at a walking pace)
I thought the I-Pace GOM was a bit more accurate than your average "trip computer" but that sudden drop to zero really shocked me.
That evening it took a couple of hours of charging just to lift it above Zero

#12 ·
Get to know your car 🚘 more:

<FACEBOOK id="901760860221893" type="video" url="https://www.facebook.com/JaguarNorway/videos/901760860221893/"></FACEBOOK>

#13 ·
Billy Bunter said:
scm said:
It's a shame you can't carry a spare can of electrons .... ;)
How about plugging a domestic inverter into the 12 volts, then use the granny cable to charge the main battery ;)
I'm going to set this up permanently through the 12v in the boot in order to have infinite range! Makes you wonder what all these "experts" are doing with their time doesn't it?!!

#14 ·
That was a bold move! I recently had 25miles of range left to cover 13miles, admittedly in light city traffic, but had just 3miles left when I arrived. So 22miles of range used to cover 13miles. At least my lights stayed on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.