Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

MyPace control your I-Pace IOS app

159K views 534 replies 105 participants last post by  dernotte 
#1 · (Edited)
Open this link from your iPhone: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/testflight/id899247664

-----------

I've been working on an I-Pace app for iOS, similarly to WattCat for Android, but unlike the WattCat, this app is in it's early stages, and not ready to replace the official Remote app.
However, it does offer a couple of things the official app doesn't. Here's a quick list of features:
  • See the state of charge, range, charge status, remaining time.
  • Limit the state of charge while charging. The app will periodically check the state of charge in the background, and stop the charging process if desired SoC has been reached.
  • Lock / Unlock the vehicle.
  • Lock the vehicle even if it's already locked, but not all windows have been closed. The car will then close its windows.
  • See the lock / window status door by door.
  • Start the preconditioning / climate.
  • Camper mode. In this mode, the app will periodically check whether the climate / preconditioning has stopped, and if yes, it'll restart it.
  • Tyre pressures info.
  • Today widget with lock / unlock operation, as well as SoC and range info + charging status.

If anyone's interested in it, please sign up using this form: Sign up for MyPace iOS TestFlight access or alternatively open this link on your iPhone: Join the MyPace - Control Your I-Pace beta
Note: you need to have this app installed in order to be able to get the beta builds: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/testflight/id899247664

I'm expecting to have an initial alpha build ready within a couple of weeks.

See less See more
#305 ·
As a matter of interest I charged my car to 100% last night - due to COVID never needed to go past 70% for months. Interestingly Mypace showed range as 421km but most of note (to me) is estimated energy = 85kwh. Not sure whether to take that too seriously... but hope to get battery report tomorrow once I pick it up from getting serviced. Would be awesome after 33,000 km if the battery health really is that good.

#306 ·
Grifmike said:
As a matter of interest I charged my car to 100% last night - due to COVID never needed to go past 70% for months. Interestingly Mypace showed range as 421km but most of note (to me) is estimated energy = 85kwh. Not sure whether to take that too seriously... but hope to get battery report tomorrow once I pick it up from getting serviced. Would be awesome after 33,000 km if the battery health really is that good.
Lately the app have been giving some strange reading on my battery. It have showed over 87kWh.

#309 ·
Thanks Nikola, loving the Siri commands.

Having seen Bagel123's comments I checked and it works fine for me without the MyPace app running on iPhone 11 Pro iOS 13.6.

Best, Rob

#310 ·
Initial assessment of the Siri-functionality update. iPhone XS iOS 13.6, Apple Watch 4 OS 6.2.8

Car will:

-lock/unlock if app is open
-Siri will sometimes tell me SOC/Range/remaining time until full charge, but not always, irrespective of whether app is open
-Honk and flash generally seems to work (it blips/beeps rather than sounding horn.)
-iWatch displays SOC/range but won't lock/unlock
-Siri commands via iWatch do not work

Personally, broader and more reliable functionality of Siri commands via iWatch would be the most useful development, removing need to get phone out and navigate to app.

#312 ·
Hey Tom,

All commands except preconditioining should work out of the box w/o any setup needed: https://www.ipaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3392&start=290#p51569

The one for preconditioning needs to be setup using the shortcuts app.

The commands should work with the language Siri is setup to use on your phone. Before trying out Siri, make sure you can see the latest status of your vehicle in the app, and that you are able to lock and unlock it from the app.
After that, feel free to close the app, and try out Siri commands.

If that doesn't work feel free to PM me and we can try to dig into details.

#313 ·
johnnyhush said:
Just pushed another update which adds support for Siri commands.

The iOS provides 4 different built in car commands for siri:
1. Checking the lock status.
2. Locking / unlocking.
3. Checking SoC / range / charging status.
4. Honk and blink

In order to use these, you should try commands which sound most natural in your language (i.e the language the iPhone is set to).
Here're some examples:
* Hey siri what is my cars state of charge?
* Hey siri how much charge does my car have?
* Hey siri What's left in my car's battery?
* Hey Siri, Do I need to charge my car?
* Hey siri activate my cars audible signals (you will be asked to confirm)
* Hey siri honk the horn (you will be asked to confirm)
* Hey siri flash my cars headlights (you will be asked to confirm)
* Hey siri lock my car
* Hey siri is my car locked?
* Hey siri unlock my car
* Hey siri where is my car?

Note that audible signals / honking, and blinking is tied into a single JLR API command, so regardless of your spoken phrase it'll both honk and blink (or just blink is some countries).

I've added one more Siri shortcut (this is a custom one), for preconditioning. You can set it up using the shortcuts app, by tapping on MyPace app.
Hi,

Thanks for the app.

I have tried setting up the Siri preconditioning command using Shortcuts but get an error:

Screenshots:

Screenshot when trying to use Siri to pre-condition:

Preconditioning does work from within the MyPace app.

Any possibility of adding preconditioning to the watch app?

Thanks again.

#319 ·
Just pushed another update with the following additions:

- Added "Show on a map" option to the Stats page. You can now get the map view not just for one trip, but for an entire time period (e.g today, yesterday, this week, past week, this month, etc).

- WatchOS: Added Siri support. You can now use the same Siri commands on your watch.

#320 ·
johnnyhush said:

- Added "Show on a map" option to the Stats page. You can now get the map view not just for one trip, but for an entire time period (e.g today, yesterday, this week, past week, this month, etc).

- WatchOS: Added Siri support. You can now use the same Siri commands on your watch.
👍

#321 ·
I have just see an article on 9to5mac.com about a tesla app being refused on the App Store because it is using an unofficial 3rd party API, and it requires a written consent from Tesla now.

"Apple contacted Hansen to say that the app could not be accepted due to the use of an unofficial third-party API. The company has argued that the only way to have an app with an unofficial third party API approved in the App Store is by having the written consent of the owner of that service, which in this case is Tesla."

#323 ·
Terrible news

#324 ·
You can host a "proxy" JLR API server, and hit that proxy from the IOS app. Then, you will be able to sign the paper for the proxy API access. I don't think Apple needs a sign off on the full chain of API calls.

#326 ·
johnnyhush said:

This great! Many thanks!

Best, Rob