Car not updating status/connected since 2 weeks (InControl)

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Maxwell_400

Re: Car not updating status/connected since 2 weeks (InControl)

Post by Maxwell_400 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:29 pm

I got the same from 10th of June to the 26th of June. First I tried the long press trick - no joy. After 12 days I pressed to call Jaguar assistance - no joy. Then I called assistance and asked them to locate my car, they couldn't find it, it was totally off grid. Then I pulled out fuse 19 (TCU) from the back seat, this will normally alert Jaguar but since it was off-grid nothing happened. Next day I inserted the fuse again, now even my data sim did not connect. After a day or two data-sim suddenly connected and a few days later finally Incontrol worked. Was it a coincidence with pulling out the fuse? Probably. What I noticed however was that WattCat normally reports TCU battery to be 90%, when it disconnected TCU was at 80%.
I-Pace SE++, MY20, 18" summer & winter, no panoroof, towbar, spare wheel, H264, H280, TCU 18.2, BECM: BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE

sabasjon

Post by sabasjon » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:29 pm

daniellm wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:42 am
I have had something similar happen three times now over the past six months. The disconnect seems to have happened soon after attempting a remote climate start or precondition, although that might be coincidence.
I tried the remote climate start on the new app for the time yesterday and very soon after this - my car is now disconnected from the app. So I don't this was a coincidence!! The journey to the place where I turned on climate start is the last journey recorded.

I have tried the long press on the assistance button, I've tried signing out of both apps on the phone and doing the long press and then waiting and signing back into the app - still not updating. I have tried to switch to my phones WIFI hotspot in connectivity, I have tried removing the SIM - nothing seems to work.

When I try and use the InControl website and go to the 'LIVE' tab, after some time I got an error that the authentication token for the user had expired ?

This is pretty poor of Jaguar - but with all the problems I have with the car, I am not at all surprised !!
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 Eiger Grey / Ebony

daniellm

Post by daniellm » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:37 pm

This might be relevant: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/ ... 1-0001.pdf

From: https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2020/JAGU ... unications

Each time my car has lost connection I have needed to take it to the dealer. They have never explained exactly what the fix is, I suspect a reset.
MY20, Indus Silver, HSE, Air Suspension, 20"
Telematics: 19.2, InControl: S20B1, Battery energy control: BN-AAE-BC-AC-BE

SPARKO

Post by SPARKO » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:55 am

mine will randomly reconnect after anything between a few hours and several weeks. I have found no link with anything I have done.
All the business with long presses, SIM cards and clearing cache on apps makes no difference.
The only thing which prompts a reconnect is dealer plugging into their computer.
it will then keep working for anything from 20 minutes to 5 weeks.
My dealer still says no one else has this problem. I'm hoping for a software fix.
MY19 HSE. Black with black kit. 20 inch wheels. Dynamic air suspension, panoramic roof, heated steering wheel, 4 zone climate.

Chidge

Post by Chidge » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:34 am

I went to Lake District on Monday and the app says that my car is still there ! It happened when we parked up outside of mobile phone signal so possibly this is linked to this and car not able to subsequently reconnect ? I’ve contacted customer support and asked them to delete and then reinstate my account as apparently this works (??)
S model in Corris Grey delivered 31st July 2020 :D

sabasjon

Post by sabasjon » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:02 am

daniellm wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:37 pm
This might be relevant: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/ ... 1-0001.pdf

From: https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2020/JAGU ... unications

Each time my car has lost connection I have needed to take it to the dealer. They have never explained exactly what the fix is, I suspect a reset.
I contacted Jaguar Reading to ask about the TCU reset and they came back saying they would need the car for two days to run diagnostics with literally the wording "Diagnostic appointments are usually a two day booking in case the site needs to order parts in or do software updates (these can take a few hours and do not always work first time)." So that last bit fills me with confidence considering the software updates are now SOTA !!!

I have asked them to check again and made reference to this communications from Jaguar telling them its a known issue and the fix is quick and simple. Will see what they come back with !!!

endoman

Post by endoman » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:20 pm

Hmmm, mine now seems to have developed this, was fine at 8am this morning, now just says last update 12 hours ago. Yellow button reset and logout not helped. Hopefully it will sort itself out as turning on the aircon ahead of time is pretty useful at the moment!
Santorini Black SE, MY18, Ebony / Mars Red performance seats, Pano, Air and Adaptive. Black trim, 20 Inch 6007 wheels, H264/280, S20B_20.30.2-578440, 19.2.
Ohme home charger, https://share.octopus.energy/funny-prawn-126

sabasjon

Post by sabasjon » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:21 pm

sabasjon wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:02 am

I contacted Jaguar Reading to ask about the TCU reset and they came back saying they would need the car for two days to run diagnostics with literally the wording "Diagnostic appointments are usually a two day booking in case the site needs to order parts in or do software updates (these can take a few hours and do not always work first time)." So that last bit fills me with confidence considering the software updates are now SOTA !!!

I have asked them to check again and made reference to this communications from Jaguar telling them its a known issue and the fix is quick and simple. Will see what they come back with !!!

dealer finally came back and Service Manager has insisted it be booked in for two days for diagnostics !!! ARGH - they aren't doing loan cars, pick ups or drop offs either due to Covid - gonna be a long old walk home and back :( Anyways - if they want it for two days, they can look at all the other damn issues with it too then !!

endoman

Post by endoman » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:16 pm

No joy leaving overnight, so I've removed the vehicle from InControl to try to scramble the brains. It's still removing the vehicle, so will be a wait until I can re add it, wait overnight again and see if it talks.
Santorini Black SE, MY18, Ebony / Mars Red performance seats, Pano, Air and Adaptive. Black trim, 20 Inch 6007 wheels, H264/280, S20B_20.30.2-578440, 19.2.

endoman

Post by endoman » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:09 pm

Just discovered an actual practical issue with this. My Ohme smart charger can no longer talk to the car, so is just blasting the car full whack. Not important at moment as Smart meter not installed for 2 more weeks. If it doesn't sort itself looks like I'll be playing dealer roulette.