Cannot stop charge remotely

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
geve

Re: Cannot stop charge remotely

Post by geve » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:48 pm

Since update to 20C I can't stop/pauze charging anymore. Not via Jag remote app or Wattapp. Tried many times always get time-out error.
I assumed it was problem with Jag server but then also other functions would not work from remote app and I am using Jedlix which automatically pauzes charging to use only during off peak tarif and they communicate via Jag server as well and this still works. So what is the problem? Could it be related to Telematic update 20.C? Are there any preople still on 20B or lower who could try if stop charging still works via the remote app?
I-Pace SE corris grey_MY20- S20C_20.43.1-618886 - TMC 16.2 - 20"wheels

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:40 pm

Actually tried to stop mine charging using the Jag Remote App yesterday and surprise surprise it didn't work. I am starting to see why people buy Tesla's as I assume their products work properly.

I have always used my home charger to stop charging as it is reliable and works but that is less useful when away from home.

I am becoming incredibly frustrated at the frankly piss poor software on what would otherwise be a good car. Am tempted to throw the towel and move on to a more complete car.
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

Minstadave

Post by Minstadave » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:28 pm

Mine is working again. Seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.

51mes

Post by 51mes » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:04 pm

MIne started doing this after 20B and you could never be sure on any particular attempt whether it would work or not.

Apart from the fact that if it stopped working, it would stay stopped for a couple of days.

I've OTA'd to 20C this week and it's still the same.

I've given up - and had to buy an Ohme charger cable to sit between the car and podpoint it now just works.
MY20 (Nov19) I-pace SE |AIR|Pan Roof|Light Oyster 10 way Heated Seats I Caesium Blue| 18" 5055 wheels
Infotainment 20C + Telematics 19.2 + H264 + H280| Podpoint 7Kw+ ohme cable for Octopus Agile charging.https://share.octopus.energy/sky-ape-579

Minstadave

Post by Minstadave » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:33 am

51mes wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:04 pm
MIne started doing this after 20B and you could never be sure on any particular attempt whether it would work or not.

Apart from the fact that if it stopped working, it would stay stopped for a couple of days.

I've OTA'd to 20C this week and it's still the same.

I've given up - and had to buy an Ohme charger cable to sit between the car and podpoint it now just works.
My podpoint is tethered, us there an Ohme cable that works with that or is it for the untethered only?

geve

Post by geve » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:25 pm

I tried ysterday again to stop charging via Incontrol app and Wattcat both failed I tried each at least 3 times. Then I tried via incontrol to enter charging times of which the start time is a few hours ahead of current time. Immediately the charging stopped/pauzed.
So there is no problem in communication from server to car but there must be a problem with the command to "stop the charging send to the car" or due to software update to 20.C which has a change in the timed charging. I never had any issues before on 20.B to pauze the charging.
I-Pace SE corris grey_MY20- S20C_20.43.1-618886 - TMC 16.2 - 20"wheels

Cineman

Post by Cineman » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:54 am

MyPace app seems to do a much better job of managing charging times and stop/start than the Jaguar Remote which does not do any of those things.
MY19 HSE, purchased s/h Nov 2020, Red, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, 20” wheels changed to 18”. TCU 18.2.

johnnyhush

Post by johnnyhush » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:55 pm

Thanks for confirming Cineman!

Let me give you a bit of background on what MyPace does when the charge stop command fails:
If stopping the charge fails, after receiving this error, MyPace will issue "start charging" command. It takes around 20 - 30 seconds for this to complete (in the background), and if you try to stop the charging process after that, it always succeeds.

Grunt

Post by Grunt » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:09 pm

johnnyhush wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:55 pm
Thanks for confirming Cineman!

Let me give you a bit of background on what MyPace does when the charge stop command fails:
If stopping the charge fails, after receiving this error, MyPace will issue "start charging" command. It takes around 20 - 30 seconds for this to complete (in the background), and if you try to stop the charging process after that, it always succeeds.
That is an interesting workaround!
You sure it works well?
@ARDEVD, something for a next WattCat release?

The issue is not related to 20C, IMO. When I got mine, it's always been on 20C. Pause works most of the times, but sometimes there are streaks of some days when it does not...

Cineman

Post by Cineman » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:53 pm

I've also found the timed charge does not work ever with the Jag remote.. but works perfectly with MyPace. Others have said elsewhere that if a planned departure time is set then the car charges up no matter what.. so I tend to put in the timed departure once I've charged up. The MyPace app also allows for an upper limit which is nice if you plan to leave the car for a while, as it is recommended to leave the battery 40%-60% when laid up. I bought mine second hand 2 weeks ago (2018): so far so good. Love it - what an amazing design!
It's new technology so sometimes I am surprised at the unforgiving nature of some owners.. I have a more patient attitude and dwell on the engineering achievement in making such a remarkable car - but then I haven't been locked in dead car yet with no way of getting out!
MY19 HSE, purchased s/h Nov 2020, Red, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, 20” wheels changed to 18”. TCU 18.2.