Driver assistance feature/camera

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
ANBO

Re: Driver assistance feature/camera

Post by ANBO » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:54 am

[quote="electric beagle" post_id=56508 ...speed limit plus 10% for extended roadworks or speed camera zones.
[/quote]

With 10% I find you will be flashed, at least here in Switzerland. You might still fall within the margin of error correction, but with the amount of cameras and high fines I prefer to keep the probability statistics on the safe side and stick to 5% offset.

In any case, i prefer the speed warning. Would be nice if that could be set in % instead of fixed number.
🇨🇭 EV400 HSE (MY2020; MAR 2020); 18" ❄
⚙️ H264 ⚙️ ICM: S20C ⚙️ VCS: 19.2
⚙️ BECS: BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE ⚙️ Maps: 06.2020

Delta5

Post by Delta5 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:18 am

Except they neglected to mention this to early MY21 buyers which puts them in a difficult legal position.

Does anyone know what these 2 options cost on 20 models? models?”

I’m pretty sure Lane Following and the other aids came with the 360 camera in the Driver Assistance pack. Lane Departure Warning (steering vibration) is probably standard - it was on my FPace. From memory around £1000.
IPace SE Caesium Blue, Ivory interior, Air suspension, 18in wheels, Drivers pack, 360. arrived 16th July, very nice.

ChrisMc

Post by ChrisMc » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:46 am

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:23 am
Delta5 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:31 pm

On the 2020 car you got Steering Assist that vibrated the Steering going out of lane, plus Lane Following ( lane keeping assist) it will follow a well marked lane without input from the driver but you have to keep your hands on the wheel. If you also use Adaptive Cruise the car will follow and keep the lane on its own.
Just a small correction. Steering Assist on MY19 and 20 cars only works with ACC engaged. You can’t use it on its own. Without ACC engaged it operates as LKA only.
That's correct, I use steering assist and ACC all the time on dual carriageways, motorways and some A roads, its a good feature, wonder why they have changed it on new models?
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 Black, full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc
InControlTouch Pro: S20A_20.16.5-536345 Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2 - H228, H264, H270

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:45 am

ChrisMc wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:46 am
Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Delta5 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:31 pm

On the 2020 car you got Steering Assist that vibrated the Steering going out of lane, plus Lane Following ( lane keeping assist) it will follow a well marked lane without input from the driver but you have to keep your hands on the wheel. If you also use Adaptive Cruise the car will follow and keep the lane on its own.
Just a small correction. Steering Assist on MY19 and 20 cars only works with ACC engaged. You can’t use it on its own. Without ACC engaged it operates as LKA only.
That's correct, I use steering assist and ACC all the time on dual carriageways, motorways and some A roads, its a good feature, wonder why they have changed it on new models?
The absence of this feature which I use all the time on my other car is what bothers me most too.

So to update where I am with this:-

I picked up with JLR Customer Care who just pushed me back to the dealer.

Had no response from the dealer so followed up last night. There are only 2 things that can have happened here, either the dealer staff were told of these feature deletions and did not tell me about it to correct the JLR Spec and Price Guide statements. Or they weren't aware and JLR's poor communication of this is the root cause. I suspect the latter but my contractual relationship is with the dealer only.

The dealer has declined to offer either of the two remedies I offered as acceptable outcomes either my rejection of the car or compensation for the missing features.

I have issued a letter before action and will progress a legal claim if I do not get a satisfactory outcome within a fortnight
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

ChrisMc

Post by ChrisMc » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:13 pm

electric beagle wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:45 am
ChrisMc wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:46 am
Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:

The absence of this feature which I use all the time on my other car is what bothers me most too.

So to update where I am with this:-

I picked up with JLR Customer Care who just pushed me back to the dealer.

Had no response from the dealer so followed up last night. There are only 2 things that can have happened here, either the dealer staff were told of these feature deletions and did not tell me about it to correct the JLR Spec and Price Guide statements. Or they weren't aware and JLR's poor communication of this is the root cause. I suspect the latter but my contractual relationship is with the dealer only.

The dealer has declined to offer either of the two remedies I offered as acceptable outcomes either my rejection of the car or compensation for the missing features.

I have issued a letter before action and will progress a legal claim if I do not get a satisfactory outcome within a fortnight
Will be interesting to hear how your threats go down with them and what they end up doing about it. Its bad that people are mislead due to them not getting their act together and making sure brochures/specifications etc are not up to date prior to selling their products. JLR are not the only ones though, many car manufacturers seem to suffer rom the same.
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 Black, full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc
InControlTouch Pro: S20A_20.16.5-536345 Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2 - H228, H264, H270

AGT

Post by AGT » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:56 pm

Beagle - I am really sorry to read your update. Buying and owning a new car should be a pleasure. Having to sue for misrepresentation is most certainly not a pleasure and it must all be very vexing.

On the 2018 spec the only similar issue was the bike rack prep which was supposed to be standard but turned out not to be (at least not in all cases). Most forum members seemed to get that resolved at their dealer's expense. Although, of course, we have all swallowed the charging speed misrepresentation...

Oh for the simple days of buying a Mercedes-Benz for £x and then ticking through the options list to end up at £2X - starting with a radio.

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:13 pm

Just in case it’s of any use, here’s a screenshot I took of the Jaguar U.K. configurator on 11th August (long after it switched to MY21 orders).

F7FCA33B-CE70-406D-B86F-E231510F4F47.png

greencard20

Post by greencard20 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:58 pm

Do any of your pre 21MY models have a green steering wheel icon in the cluster when LKA/steering assist is activated? My car doesn't have that which is a 21MY so not sure if any of the previous models show that icon? iguide for 20MY (iguide for 21MY not available yet) has that clearly written down.

A Hyundai owner in the US is taking some legal actions for the vehicle not having safety assistance features as advertised by the dealer/OEM (here is the https://www.carscoops.com/2020/11/hyund ... dvertised/
21MY I-Pace / HSE / Santorini Black with full black pack / Pano roof / PIVI Pro................... 8-)

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:08 pm

greencard20 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:58 pm
Do any of your pre 21MY models have a green steering wheel icon in the cluster when LKA/steering assist is activated? My car doesn't have that which is a 21MY so not sure if any of the previous models show that icon? iguide for 20MY (iguide for 21MY not available yet) has that clearly written down.

A Hyundai owner in the US is taking some legal actions for the vehicle not having safety assistance features as advertised by the dealer/OEM (here is the https://www.carscoops.com/2020/11/hyund ... dvertised/
Yes, the MY19 and 20 have the green steering wheel icon on the instrument cluster.

greencard20

Post by greencard20 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:16 pm

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:08 pm
greencard20 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:58 pm

Yes, the MY19 and 20 have the green steering wheel icon on the instrument cluster.
Thanks for confirming that. Not sure if this could be the reason why 21MY may not have steering assist (Steve Boulter's video from 36min). May be they've temporarily removed that feature and improve/introduce it to future vehicles? Don't know.....

21MY I-Pace / HSE / Santorini Black with full black pack / Pano roof / PIVI Pro................... 8-)