I-Pace range

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Gdank

Re: I-Pace range

Post by Gdank » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:55 am

Jag have admitted the range calculation isn’t working correctly and to go with % of battery for now until new OTA update is pushed out.

PAGE7

Post by PAGE7 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:59 am

Megter wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:13 am
PAGE7 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:00 am

Yes but I thought 220km where enough to recalculate.
That’s a bit stressing to see 100km range with 55% battery remains
My experience is that expected range is determined based on the real consumption immediately before, so if you drove the final part a bit quicker or accelerated a bit more, this will show.

Also, I didn’t have any concerns with respect to the %, did you? Think percentage is what you should be looking at. In due course, you’ll know how far you can drive based on the percentage, type of roads and pace.
At that point, I ‘m more confident on % than Km
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough
-Mario Andretti-

Jelle v/d Meer

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:35 am

PAGE7 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:31 am
Anyone knows how that car calculates the range?
Despite of the showed range ( maybe that’s a system error) my first conclusion is that we can easily drive 400km with the Ipace.
Jaguar indicated that the system will learn behaviour and personal preferences of the driver, this would include driving style and use that together with build up range history and maybe even outside temperature and planned route to calculate the predicted range.

The behaviour of the driver would be learned per driver (key) so I drive very sporty and my wife more Grandma style it could be that when the car is started with my key range is predicted as 200km and when she starts the car the range is 400km.

So indeed if that car has been used for test drives or sprints it would not be surprissing that predicted range was so low when you started.
I-pace S + HUD, Drive Pack, Light Oyster Sport Seats, Elec Tailgate, DAB+ & heated windshield I Ceasium Blue & 18" wheels I Ordered 25th April I Produced 8th October I Delivered 28th October

PAGE7

Post by PAGE7 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:42 am

Pete wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:16 am
Wow this is some amazing result, almost cant believe.

This means that you used 40% battery for 220km with gentle driving but including some 120km speeds!

Extrapolating would give us 550 which is by far the best range I heard so far. (Eat that topGear)

-do you know tire size?
-latest software update?
-perhaps any screenshots?

Thanks for sharing
550km maybe not, but 450km can be.
I must say, that’s a mountain road and autorotate, but descending from Andorra (mountain) to Barcelona (sea level) ho obviously helps to the consumption.
Car is fitted with 20” rims, has last software version ( no the big one ho was expected for August 20th)
I will post screenshots later.
-Mario Andretti-

PAGE7

Post by PAGE7 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:49 am

Jelle v/d Meer wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:35 am
PAGE7 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:31 am
Anyone knows how that car calculates the range?
Despite of the showed range ( maybe that’s a system error) my first conclusion is that we can easily drive 400km with the Ipace.
Jaguar indicated that the system will learn behaviour and personal preferences of the driver, this would include driving style and use that together with build up range history and maybe even outside temperature and planned route to calculate the predicted range.

The behaviour of the driver would be learned per driver (key) so I drive very sporty and my wife more Grandma style it could be that when the car is started with my key range is predicted as 200km and when she starts the car the range is 400km.

So indeed if that car has been used for test drives or sprints it would not be surprissing that predicted range was so low when you started.
Good explanation,thanks.
I think I have read somewhere that the Ipace calculates the range based on last 500km, but I ‘m not sure.
-Mario Andretti-

BillyLyonswozahero

Post by BillyLyonswozahero » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:19 am

Ahem:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/highwayt ... s-noordsij
And then the results

Tesla Model S 75 (75 kWh battery rear wheel drive) 173 Wh / km
Tesla Model S 90D (90 kWh battery, all wheel drive) 177 Wh / km
Tesla Model X 100D (100kWh battery, all wheel drive) 210 Wh / km
Jaguar i-Pace (90 kWh battery, all wheel drive) 265 Wh / km

Tesla Model S 75 - 381 km
Tesla Model S 90D - 431 km
Tesla Model X 100 D - 451 km
Jaguar i-Pace - 325 km

Jelle v/d Meer

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:34 am

BillyLyonswozahero wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:19 am
Tesla Model S 75 (75 kWh battery rear wheel drive) 173 Wh / km
Tesla Model S 90D (90 kWh battery, all wheel drive) 177 Wh / km
Tesla Model X 100D (100kWh battery, all wheel drive) 210 Wh / km
Jaguar i-Pace (90 kWh battery, all wheel drive) 265 Wh / km

Tesla Model S 75 - 381 km
Tesla Model S 90D - 431 km
Tesla Model X 100 D - 451 km
Jaguar i-Pace - 325 km
Indeed nothing pretty about that even the Model X100D which is heavier, has wider wheels and more front size but better drag coefficient.
I HOPE this still to be pre-production car without software update.

The bottom of the article is very important - for day to day driving above is irrelevant unless you have to pay the electricity yourself BUT for long distance driving not max range but efficiency and charging speed is most important. There is a video of Bjorn "racing" a Model X in a Kona and winning because the Kona is so efficient despite not being able to charge at the same speed as the Tesla X.
I-pace S + HUD, Drive Pack, Light Oyster Sport Seats, Elec Tailgate, DAB+ & heated windshield I Ceasium Blue & 18" wheels I Ordered 25th April I Produced 8th October I Delivered 28th October

Erwinn

Post by Erwinn » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:25 pm

It all just keeps getting better, doesn't it.....but hey on the bright side, the Ipace is a little quicker then the ModelS and you can set a really nice laptime on the Laguna Seca raceway
Ipace SE, Corris Grey, Driver assist pack, 20" '5-Split Spoke' Diamond Turned Gloss Black, privacy glass, Ebony Morzine interior. Ordered March 19th 2018 - set for delivery december 5th :|

pivoking

Post by pivoking » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:11 pm

Erwinn wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:25 pm
It all just keeps getting better, doesn't it.....but hey on the bright side, the Ipace is a little quicker then the ModelS and you can set a really nice laptime on the Laguna Seca raceway
:lol:
SE, Corris Grey, Light Oyster, Air Suspention ,HUD, DAB+, Privacy glass, Black Exterior Pack, Black 20" Diamond Turned Finish

shadwellal

Post by shadwellal » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:05 pm

The I-pace in that article was on 22" wheels which I think makes quite a difference
I-pace SE, Caesium Blue on order. Expected early April.

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”