Winter tyres/wheels

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Spudulikeit

Winter tyres/wheels

Post by Spudulikeit » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:54 pm

I’m about ready to buy tyres for the winter. I’m currently on 20” alloys but rather than changing the rubber I wondered if just replacing the full set for Winter might be less hassle. I know it’s dearer in the short term but if I could find a set of second hand alloys with winters on from a JLR donor it might just be worth it.
So do any other JLR model alloys fit the IPace? I’m thinking F Pace, maybe Evoque or Even RRS might take the same loading but are they the same fitnents? It all seems double Dutch to me.
MY 2019 SE in Firenze Red. Pano roof, 20” diamond turned, detachable tow bar preparation and a few other extras!

endoman

Re: Winter tyres/wheels

Post by endoman » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:23 pm

There's a couple of sets of alloys on Facebook iPace group at the moment. I bought a second set from here with summers, got some winter Nokian;s off tyreleader, and got local garage to fit them to the correct rims. Now have summer rims and tyres in the garage, and a spare set of summer tyres for the future, plus I can now change them myself which saves hassle. Also meant I could properly ceramic coat both lots of rims while off the car, but I think I'll be getting my summers powder coated so they are all black. Yes other wheels from JLR fit I believe.
Santorini Black SE, MY18, Ebony / Mars Red performance seats, Pano, Air and Adaptive. Black trim, 20 Inch 5070 wheels, H264/280, S20C_20.43.1-618886 19.2.
Ohme home charger, https://share.octopus.energy/funny-prawn-126

Fluff

Post by Fluff » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:32 pm

Ebay has a set of used 18" with good summer tyres for £475
I-Pace SE 2019[Everything BLACK] Santorini,Pano, 20' BLACK,winter pack, adap cruise.

dernotte

Post by dernotte » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:02 pm

I have the 20" alloys from Jaguar for my 3 seasons tires, but decided to have another set of rim and tires in 18" for winter tires. I have the following RWC compatible rims for Jaguar : https://rwcwheels.com/winter-wheels/jag ... te#content. They are quite affordable. Far from the Jag 18" ones.
I picked the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3. Rims look good, and tires work perfectly.

Spudulikeit

Post by Spudulikeit » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:03 pm

Thanks for all your help folks.
Because there are so many more of them on the road I wondered if velar or evoque alloys and tyres fitted. There are loads of second hand ones available. I’ll check Facebook too. Cheers
MY 2019 SE in Firenze Red. Pano roof, 20” diamond turned, detachable tow bar preparation and a few other extras!

Volkswarren

Post by Volkswarren » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:58 pm

Spudulikeit wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:03 pm
Thanks for all your help folks.
Because there are so many more of them on the road I wondered if velar or evoque alloys and tyres fitted. There are loads of second hand ones available. I’ll check Facebook too. Cheers
I have a set of 20" discovery sport alloys, but they are KHAN replica's.

They have my winter tyres on while my 22's are in stores.
HSE, Caesium Blue, 22" 5056 Alloys, Oyster Leather, Active Air Suspension, Cold Pack, Black Pack, Privacy glass and Pano roof. Podpoint Homecharger. Telematics: 19.2 | InControl: S20C1. https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-moth-32