My longest drive

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Pacesetter

My longest drive

Post by Pacesetter » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:53 am

Yesterday I made my longest single charge trip.
I had intended to charge at my destination, NEC Birmingham, but points were already in use (a white I-Pace and a Tesla) so thought I would try to do it on one charge.
Drove carefully (<70mph) both ways and total mileage was 170 miles and arrived home with 15% SOC. So it was relatively comfortable in the end, but it did occupy my mind most of the time so I suppose that counts as “range anxiety “, and I had to drive with economy in mind.
I wouldn’t want to drive like this every day, but it helps to have learned that 200 miles is potentially achievable if necessary.
First Edition, Corris Grey

SammyD

Re: My longest drive

Post by SammyD » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:11 am

I find that the driving speed you end up doing is really down to your state of mind.
I'd not long had my Outlander when I got a speeding ticket. I'd just done 60 miles on the M3/M25/M23 and came off and was going into Crawley. I switched to battery and bang, I got zapped for doing 36 in a 30 limit. Watch out for the mobile camera on Gatwick road!

My mind was still on 70mph sort of driving and failed to register that I was entering a 30 zone. I thought it was 40 for some reason.

Since then, I've slowed down when driving my car and my Motorcycle. Amongst my bike mates, I'm regarded as the 'plodder'. 500miles a day is no problem for me on the bike. It helps when the bike has a range of 350+ miles on the motorway at the speeds I ride at. I drive me car at similar speeds.

My biggest problem will be when I get my I-Pace. I really enjoyed the two test drives I did in it but... the temptation to speed was always there.
I'll be doing a regular trip from home to Tyseley Railway Centre in Birmingham over the next year or so. This is 127 miles from home. Mostly Motorway (M40) but it will be interesting to see if I can to the round trip on one charge.
We are all different so don't be surprised if others can beat your performance and yours can beat others. What one person calls sensible driving, another might find to be reckless (and vice versa)
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”