Name navigation favorites?

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
stefxx

Name navigation favorites?

Post by stefxx » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:31 pm

Hi,

Over the last two months I have been adding quite a few favorites in the navigation system, either from the car but also by using the jaguar.here.com site. Works great.. but is there any way an address can be named? It is getting harder and harder to find a favorite by its address. Am I missing something obvious or is this just the way it works?

Thanks!

Simonmac

Re: Name navigation favorites?

Post by Simonmac » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:13 pm

Yes, you definitely can. I can’t remember off the top of my head so will check, but essentially you can edit the favourite destination once you are in the list of favourites. It took me a little while to find but it is there! All I remember right now is you need to be in the individual favourite to edit it.

stefxx

Post by stefxx » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:59 pm

Are you referring to the HERE website, or the car?

I will try again tomorrow. Good the know that it is possible.

Simonmac

Post by Simonmac » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:04 pm

stefxx wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:59 pm
Are you referring to the HERE website, or the car?
Add the favourite via the app or HERE website, then when the favourites are synced to the car, edit from within the car nav screen.

Darkhelmet

Post by Darkhelmet » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:25 pm

Indeed you can rename the favorites - but it is very intricately!

I found out:
- initiate navigation to one of your favs.
- before clicking „start“ look at the left side of the screen and press the „edit“-symbol.
- the saved fav-address is then shown in the edit-window, just overwrite and save it again.

For me it worked but I don‘t like it!
I-Pace HSE / corris grey / black roof (no glass) / 20‘ rims (style 5068) / air suspension / ebony interior and roof / winter pack / some more nice specs... ;) / ordered Apr. 04th 2018, pick up Oct. 19th 2018

Pacesetter

Post by Pacesetter » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:57 pm

Can you edit the position of your favourites? I find the address/postcode search doesn't always get my precise location, and on other cars I have had the option to edit the favourite to "my current location" or move it on the map, which was quite useful.
First Edition, Corris Grey, Towbar (Jaguar), Delivered: 30/11/2018, Telematics: 14.2,InControl: S19A_19.24.2-375121
18" Wheels (aftermarket)

stefxx

Post by stefxx » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:33 pm

Thanks. I was able to name all my favorites. Much better. Too bad it can only be done in the car.

Darkhelmet

Post by Darkhelmet » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:51 pm

@pacesetter: It seems to me the order/position of your favorites is automatically defined by the software in accordance with frequency of use. The most used fav is placed in the upper left corner. Second most used follows right adjacent, and so on...
I-Pace HSE / corris grey / black roof (no glass) / 20‘ rims (style 5068) / air suspension / ebony interior and roof / winter pack / some more nice specs... ;) / ordered Apr. 04th 2018, pick up Oct. 19th 2018

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”