NewMotion and InCharge agree roaming deal

The place to discuss everything else..
ChrisMc

Post by ChrisMc » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:05 pm

Vattenfall and NewMotion have announced a new roaming agreement, which will allow EV drivers registered with either network access to more than 400 public charge points in the UK.

A single RFID card or app will work with NewMotion units and Vattenfall’s Uncharge points. The agreement starts in September, and both firms are looking to expand the partnership further in future.

Anthony Hinde, director of InCharge, said: “The UK EV driver experience has just got that little bit simpler. What is the norm in many European countries – seamless, simple, flexible public charging options as a result of roaming agreements between operators – is still a rarity in the UK.

“Our agreement with NewMotion is therefore an important step forward and will encourage the uptake of EVs in the UK.”

Sytse Zuidema, CEO of NewMotion: “Access to good charging infrastructure is a key consideration for drivers before they make the switch to driving an electric vehicle.

“Roaming agreements between charge point operators help to create a charging network where it’s easy to charge at any provider’s charge point. With this roaming agreement we both take the lead in creating a wider accessible charging network and make it easier for EV drivers to connect to the charging infrastructure in the UK.

“We welcome Vattenfall’s EV drivers to our charging network, which is already Europe’s largest network with over 118,000 charge points in more than 30 countries.”

You can find out more about either network at Zap-Map’s Public Network Guides page, or find EV charge points by visiting the map on the link below

https://www.zap-map.com/live/
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 in Black with full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc etc
InControlTouch Pro: S18D Updated 31.07.2019 Uodated again 20.09.19 to S19B Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2 ??? - H228

SammyD

Re: NewMotion and InCharge agree roaming deal

Post by SammyD » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:03 pm

Does Vattenfall/InCharge have a presence in the UK? I can't see them in the Zap-Map list of networks.
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D
S19B_* Maps : whatever is current.

Terry60

Post by Terry60 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:47 pm

https://chargemap.com/networks/thenewmotion
https://www.goincharge.com/uk/charge-fo ... rameworks/

Not a lot of use in UK yet (unless you visit Canterbury on a Pilgimage)
Ex A3 e-tron (138mpg over 4 years)
Now in Black HSE (every tech option, no bling) MY20 VIN 829.. IC S19B_19.35 Tele 16.2 Maps 100.153
Awaiting PV, Powerwall, Zappi.
Looking forward to free motoring. (barring the cost of all the kit !)

ChrisMc

Post by ChrisMc » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:54 pm

SammyD wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:03 pm
Does Vattenfall/InCharge have a presence in the UK? I can't see them in the Zap-Map list of networks.
Not that I am aware of but they do say there will be 400 sites in the future, however long that might be. Anyway, it's just one more option for us to use for charging, hopefully not too soon. Every bit helps ;)
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 in Black with full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc etc
InControlTouch Pro: S18D Updated 31.07.2019 Uodated again 20.09.19 to S19B Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2 ??? - H228

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”