Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Jaguar 3.0ltr Diesel Range

9K views 35 replies 10 participants last post by  Tophe74 
#1 ·
Gone

#3 ·
I did a 2000 mile trip down to the Cevennes and the Atlantic Coast in 2009 in my 2004 Saab 95 Diesel Estate. I got 59mpg on the whole trip. Huge amounts of hypermiling and mostly not doing more than 105kph. At one point the range left indicator topped out at 995miles.
It had a 65ltr tank. The Turbo blew up when I was doing over 110mph on the Autobahn... 192K miles on the clock. Serves me right really.
I replaced it with the Outlander PHEV.

Diesels can be very frugal if well maintained and driven carefully.. Shame about the CO2 and Particulates and the fact that you are burning Dino Juice. Too bad that far too many people drive them like idiots and/or sit inside them with the engine idling for large periods of time.

#9 ·
Chewy said:
A modern diesel produces far less NOx and almost the same CO2 as a Petrol engine.
That's pretty much the definition of "pouring out carcinogens"....

And really surprised to see you spewing out the old myth about "EVs produce the same pollution but just at a power station". With the current split in the UK grid (and even more so in Scotland) I call BS on that statement.

#10 ·
10p per mile diesel cost vs. 5p for electricity?

You'd save enough cash to buy a new I-Pace outright after just 1.2 million miles in an EV! ;)

#14 ·
Chewy, you know the only reason we're even replying back to this sort of post if because we know you were a strong I-Pace advocate and recently you've lost your way to the dark side, but there is hope that you will return. We clamber on to that hope....

Otherwise... :roll:

#15 ·
Goshdarnit said:
Chewy said:
A modern diesel produces far less NOx and almost the same CO2 as a Petrol engine.
That's pretty much the definition of "pouring out carcinogens"....

And really surprised to see you spewing out the old myth about "EVs produce the same pollution but just at a power station". With the current split in the UK grid (and even more so in Scotland) I call BS on that statement.
70% of the BS that comes from UK Power Stations is from that Oh-So-Clean Nuclear and Gas (another name for oil). Buying your electricity from someone like Ecotricity does not mean you are getting clean electricity in your car - it all comes down the same "Dirty" National Grid cables.

The manufacturing process to create a 90kWh Battery produces the same CO2 that an average ICE car produces in 25k miles. So the fist 25k miles of an EV is no different to an ICE, just the emissions is somewhere else.

#16 ·
fa147 said:
Chewy, you know the only reason we're even replying back to this sort of post if because we know you were a strong I-Pace advocate and recently you've lost your way to the dark side, but there is hope that you will return. We clamber on to that hope....

Otherwise... :roll:
I Know :)

But this is what I see all the time on forums and I am looking for answers from people that know what they are talking about.

#17 ·
Chewy said:
I Know :)

But this is what I see all the time on forums and I am looking for answers from people that know what they are talking about.
Right, that counts me out then... ahh well... :lol:

#18 ·
The most dangerous pollution for us is not Co2 but tiny particles that are everywhere in our towns ...
For that point, EV are far far better than ice car because of 0 particles with engine and very much less brakes particles ..
For Co2, planes, boats and trucks are emitting much more than ice cars ...
Am always surprised how most ppl think only Co2 when it comes to pollution but I noticed that most of the time it's to giving themselves good conscience to not buy an EV because yes in terms of Co2 the difference with ice car is not that big if u take in account the building part. But 9nly for Co2.
Their still a long road for the mentality to change and our medias are not helping much, always speaking about Co2 to. It's really sad

#19 ·
Chewy said:
Goshdarnit said:
Chewy said:
Ah, okay - 5 minutes.
Chewy said:
Totally agree. There is no such thing as "5 minute fuel stop".
As I said - 5 Minutes, not 3 Minutes.
You initially said 3. The when called out on it said 5. Despite saying 6 months ago that there is no such thing as a 5 minute fuel stop. Getting tired of reading this kind of pro petrol nonsense from you these days. You used to spout such a different argument and then just because you found the infotainment software unwieldy you are completely anti-EV. I know I'll get accused of speaking out of turn but I'm genuinely sick of hearing it. If you had been consistent from day one then fair enough but these are things you've argued with others for saying in the past. Hard to treat it with anything but complete disdain.

#21 ·
Tophe74 said:
The most dangerous pollution for us is not Co2 but tiny particles that are everywhere in our towns ...
For that point, EV are far far better than ice car because of 0 particles with engine and very much less brakes particles ..
For Co2, planes, boats and trucks are emitting much more than ice cars ...
Am always surprised how most ppl think only Co2 when it comes to pollution but I noticed that most of the time it's to giving themselves good conscience to not buy an EV because yes in terms of Co2 the difference with ice car is not that big if u take in account the building part. But 9nly for Co2.
Their still a long road for the mentality to change and our medias are not helping much, always speaking about Co2 to. It's really sad
👍

#25 ·
Just playing with the other side of the argument :)

It can be quite compelling if you try. Not to devout EV owners, but easy to sway non EV people towards ICE.

5 minutes fuel time....

Just filled up the XJ with 69ltrs. Took 4mins and 35 secs from pulling off the road to driving away again. Payment at the pump makes a big difference. Actual pumping time was 2 mins 45 seconds.

Clearly I was wrong when I said 5 minutes fueling time was not possible. That's around 800 miles of range added in 2.75 minutes of actual pumping, or 290 miles a minute. I think even a tm3 would be pushed to match that sort of charging rate :)

Penalty was a bill for £75.00 :-(

And some CO2 emitted over the next 800 miles. Still a lot to go before the equivalent 90kWh battery manufacture CO2 is arrived at though.

#26 ·
Blocked. This is not a diesel owners forum. Nor is it an anti-EV forum. I hate hypocrites and watching him change his side of the story overnight because his radio wasn't perfect is pathetic and ridiculous. I hope his children and grandchildren live long enough to tell him what they think of his ridiculous opinions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.