Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Company car BIK on I-Pace - worth checking

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  oop north 
#1 ·
Just thought I would share this. I have today received my new tax code for 20/21 and expected to see a huge change given the I-Pace should reduce from over £11,000 BIK to zero. It had not.

I logged onto the gov page and checked, the I-pace is on as my company car with a CO2 of zero. But what I had to do is update it to be "Electric" which was not a previous option. Hopefully this will recalculate over the next couple of days and I will then get the tax code I have been dreaming of.

Worth checking!!

#3 ·
It's also worth noting that the BIK rate of 0% isn't law yet. You may remember the government were a bit busy over the last few months and have postponed last years budget until March.
The assumption is that it will go through, but....
Gotta hope so, I've got my order in based on that!

#4 ·
dave664 said:
It's also worth noting that the BIK rate of 0% isn't law yet. You may remember the government were a bit busy over the last few months and have postponed last years budget until March.
The assumption is that it will go through, but....
Gotta hope so, I've got my order in based on that!
Goodness, hadn't realised that! It's been very unhelpful, then, for people like Giles Coren in the Times to gloat about free cars from the government. HMRC hates that kind of thing. The Treasury might also argue that the new focus on 2035 changes the incentives - or, at least, the policy change means that a different Excel model has been built by a different 21 year old fast-tracker behavioural economist. And there's the EV grant to think about as well, lots of different levers to play with.

#5 ·
Jasonfaz said:
I logged onto the gov page and checked, the I-pace is on as my company car with a CO2 of zero. But what I had to do is update it to be "Electric" which was not a previous option. Hopefully this will recalculate over the next couple of days and I will then get the tax code I have been dreaming of.
Did that actually recalculate for you? I changed the car type to Electric, but a few days later the tax for next year was still the same...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.