Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Air Suspension & Adaptive Dynamics

9K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Bart 
#1 ·
OK, just in case anyone was given the same misinformation as I was at the Solihull Launch event, I thought I would clarify the situation with Air Suspension and Adaptive Dynamics.

Initially I was told that if I ordered Air Suspension I could control the damper response through the "Driving Modes" button i.e. if I selected "Dynamic Mode" the Air suspension would firm up & selecting all other driving modes the suspension would be Normal - and I would only need Adaptive Dynamics if I wanted to fine-tune the suspension responses if, for example, I was racing the car on a track …. as I had no intention of racing my I-Pace and a single button press to firm up the suspension was fine by me, so I did not order AD.

However, I've now heard from JLR Engineering Department and this is NOT the case.

Selecting "Dynamic Driving Mode" does NOT affect the Air Suspensions firmness.

If you wish to firm up the Air Suspension you have to order Adaptive Dynamics (with Configurable Dynamics. )

TBH I would have initially ordered AD if I hadn't been told about the Driving Modes affecting the responsiveness of the suspension - so maybe the build delay has a small silver lining for me as I will now add AD to my order - on my original build date I would have already passed my configuration lock down date.

I would have been very p******d off to find my carefully configured £80k car didn't do what I wanted it too after a two year wait so was glad to eventually get the clarification - I hope this helps others told the same thing.

See less See more
#3 ·
With just the Air Suspension you can raise and lower the car with the buttons on the centre console
The manual buttons are on the opposite side to the "P" button in this picture.

https://www.netcarshow.com/jaguar/2019-i-pace/1024x768/wallpaper_9b.htm

You also set the car to automatically raise and lower...….. as explained by Jaguar.

"Air Suspension offers speed lowering to reduce drag on the vehicle and has the following height settings:
1. Full Off-Road height is 48mm above Design height
2. Intermediate Off-Road height is 26mm above Design height
3. Design Height is the normal on-road height
4. Speed Lowered height is 10mm below Design height
5. Access height is 40mm below Design height"

Hope that helps.

#6 ·
FENorway said:
Can you force the car to run in access height?
I've looked at the owners manual and I don't think you can.
It may stay at access height at speed if you select Snow & Ice driving mode - that would be logical but I don't know that for certain.

Chimpils said:
So basically the (AIR) suspension (not adaptive dynamics) gives you the opportunity to raise/lower the car as well as it reduces vibrations?
Yes

#7 ·
How do you use Adaptive Dynamics to configure the settings?

#9 ·
Abu Dhabi Dude said:
electric beagle said:
Go to the Dynamic page on the infotainment. Car had to be in Dynamic mode. Then you can select Dynamic or Comfort for suspension, steering and drivetrain.
Is that it? They are all on dynamic to start with so I can just switch some elements off when in dynamic mode? Well that was good value for money lol

#10 ·
electric beagle said:
Abu Dhabi Dude said:
electric beagle said:
Go to the Dynamic page on the infotainment. Car had to be in Dynamic mode. Then you can select Dynamic or Comfort for suspension, steering and drivetrain.
Is that it? They are all on dynamic to start with so I can just switch some elements off when in dynamic mode? Well that was good value for money lol
When I first discovered the Dynamic page, all the dynamic features were off, so I guess that is the default setting and that they are always off for Comfort and Eco modes

#12 ·
Blackseries said:
FENorway said:
It may stay at access height at speed if you select Snow & Ice driving mode - that would be logical but I don't know that for certain.

Chimpils said:
So basically the (AIR) suspension (not adaptive dynamics) gives you the opportunity to raise/lower the car as well as it reduces vibrations?
Yes
Why would it stay in access height when set to rain ice snow?

#13 ·
Baikar said:
Blackseries said:
FENorway said:

Chimpils said:
Yes
Why would it stay in access height when set to rain ice snow?
I tested it today. It doesn't. (or I did miss some configuration).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.