Any idea what this is?

The place to discuss everything else..
bluenun
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:27 pm
Location: England

Any idea what this is?

Post by bluenun » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:33 pm

Whilst driving past Nottingham a couple of nights ago, I was accompanied by a new shape of Jaguar. Intriguingly, according to the UK government website, its CO2 emissions are 0 g/km. It was about the size of an XF, I reckon. Any ideas? The registration plate is VN68XMF.

VN68XMF - 2.jpg

VN68XMF.jpg



R32Paul
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:07 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Any idea what this is?

Post by R32Paul » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:36 pm

New XJ which is rumoured to be an EV.
Bog standard White I-Pace S ordered 24/09/18, delivered 29/03/19.


bluenun
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:27 pm
Location: England

Re: Any idea what this is?

Post by bluenun » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:42 pm

It has an exhaust pipe, but of course that could just be for show. I doubt Jaguar is working on a new diesel car. The tail lights are horizontal, which is not the XJ design language. Is there a new XF on the horizon?


scm
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:11 pm
Location: Southampton

Re: Any idea what this is?

Post by scm » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:44 pm

It might just be a mule that's testing a drivetrain, or something.


Aus_ipace
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 5:36 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Any idea what this is?

Post by Aus_ipace » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:37 am

bluenun wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:42 pm
It has an exhaust pipe, but of course that could just be for show. I doubt Jaguar is working on a new diesel car. The tail lights are horizontal, which is not the XJ design language. Is there a new XF on the horizon?
The rumours are that they will replace the XF and the XE with a single model with an electric drivetrain. Still a way off yet so probably at the most a test mule.
Jaguar I-Pace FE Corris Grey. Built Sept 2018, delivered (finally) in Feb 2019.


Mikeyboy
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:38 pm
Location: Winchester

Re: Any idea what this is?

Post by Mikeyboy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:59 pm

I saw this on Saturday whilst on my way back from Wolverhampton when passing Birmingham. Driver looked unbelievably bored...
Italian racing red HSE due any day now...Can't remember the rest of the spec! :D


bluenun
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:27 pm
Location: England

Re: Any idea what this is?

Post by bluenun » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:37 pm

Bored? Maybe it’s actually an Audi?


SammyD
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:44 pm
Location: N.E Hampshire, UK

Re: Any idea what this is?

Post by SammyD » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:29 pm

Mikeyboy wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:59 pm
I saw this on Saturday whilst on my way back from Wolverhampton when passing Birmingham. Driver looked unbelievably bored...
Testing of new cars can be unbelievably boring. There will be a number of cars on the road clocking up the miles. One programme I heard about, ran 24/7 and used a large pool of drivers. Got the miles done in record quick time.
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D


electricdriver
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:23 pm
Location: Skipton

Re: Any idea what this is?

Post by electricdriver » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:39 pm

SammyD wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:29 pm

Testing of new cars can be unbelievably boring. There will be a number of cars on the road clocking up the miles. One programme I heard about, ran 24/7 and used a large pool of drivers. Got the miles done in record quick time.
They clearly weren’t passing the time testing the infotainment systems... 😂


User avatar
mjc
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 2:43 pm
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: Any idea what this is?

Post by mjc » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:16 pm

electricdriver wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:39 pm
SammyD wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:29 pm

Testing of new cars can be unbelievably boring. There will be a number of cars on the road clocking up the miles. One programme I heard about, ran 24/7 and used a large pool of drivers. Got the miles done in record quick time.
They clearly weren’t passing the time testing the infotainment systems... 😂
It takes a very very long time to test a JLR Infotainment system :P
I-Pace HSE delivered 14/12/2018 - Farallon Black, Air++, oyster interior, panoramic roof, 20" std wheels


Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”