Charging Costs

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
Ipace Ken

Charging Costs

Post by Ipace Ken » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:22 pm

I wasn't sure where to post this, so Technical seems best fit.
Most of us would prefer to use off peak electric to charge our cars, but 7 hours isn't real enough to get a full charge so I thought I would let you know about my Electricity provider. They are Octopus Energy. (small company but the only one recommended by WHICH) They are green electric provider but they have a tariff called Agile. Unlike economy 7 which gives you 7 hours of reduced electricity after midnight, Agile has a price set for each 30 min window throughout 24 hours. This gives cheap electricity during off peak times during the day as well as the night. Today for eg from 11:30 am until 15:59 the cost is 0.9p per Kw. However the peak use time from 4pm till 7:30pm is around 0.26p per KW. If your life style allows you to avoid the peak tariff the savings are huge. I use this along side my Solar PV system, currently producing 2 KW (dull day today) and taking 5KW from the network at 0 .9p Kw. I am also having a Tesla Powerwall fitted in March, this will provide me with electric produced from the solar to use during the hours of darkness.
Go to their website for further info and if you do decide to swap providers paste the link below into your browsers address bar, we will both get a £50 credit on our account. Ps I have no affiliation with the company, just passing on info which might help save even more money when charging your vehicle.
share.octopus.energy/showy-star-904

scm

Re: Charging Costs

Post by scm » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:26 pm

Lots of threads already here about Octopus.

holderone

Post by holderone » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:23 pm

I use Bulb in the UK, their main tariff is 12p per kw. They are introducing a smart meter tariff which gives a slightly overall lower tariff. They use electricity from 100% renewable sources.
1st edition, Corris grey, 22 Inch Alloys
IMC:19a telematics:14.2

Pacesetter

Post by Pacesetter » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:17 pm

Well, if we're suggesting electricity suppliers, then in your first year (only) of EV ownership you will have a job bettering the EON Secure Bill tariff.
They will quote you for your next 12 months electricity (and gas) at a fixed monthly cost based on your last 12 months energy use. So if you have not been charging an EV during this time, this means you can effectively charge from home for free for 12 months.
I have no doubt that when they requote for the 2nd year on the scheme there will be a large adjustment to their quote, but at that point you can switch to another provider.
First Edition, Corris Grey, Towbar (Jaguar), Delivered: 30/11/2018, Telematics: 14.2,InControl: S19A_19.24.2-375121
18" Wheels (aftermarket)

Return to “Faults & Technical”