Error with high voltage battery

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
alm

Error with high voltage battery

Post by alm » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:27 am

On my daily commute suddenly got a warning that there’s an error detected but that it’s ok to continue driving. 5 miles later traffic at a standstill, as I try to drive on, my car won’t move. Pushed the car to hard shoulder and waited for flatbed truck which I’m currently on. Anyone else had a similar issue? How was it resolved? Tip: handbrake wouldn’t come off when they tried to winch it onto the truck. I’ve read posts here of people struggling with this, but by choosing N and tapping footbrake released the handbrake for me.

GreyIpace

Re: Error with high voltage battery

Post by GreyIpace » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:04 pm

Hi
Did four short journeys, total of 25 miles. Went out to car later that day, no high voltage power, 12v battery providing power for internal lights. JLR tech unable to get handbrake off, or get car into neutral. Likewise AA guy could not help, JLR recovery vehicle left unable to do anything. Independant
recovery called by JLR jacked car up onto four sliders and winched car onto Flatbed.
That was Feb 4th. Dealer say new power module fitted but having difficulty with software download.
They say, but not with confidence, that it should be ready tomorrow?

alm

Re: Error with high voltage battery

Post by alm » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:20 pm

Good luck with tomorrow.... when I got mine off the truck I was getting many different warnings about both the high voltage and 12v batteries... the dealer just told me they only have 1 technician that’s been ipace trained.. so I should expect it to take “at least” 1 week...

the joy of being an early adopter.

Return to “Faults & Technical”