Error with high voltage battery

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
alm

Error with high voltage battery

Post by alm » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:27 am

On my daily commute suddenly got a warning that there’s an error detected but that it’s ok to continue driving. 5 miles later traffic at a standstill, as I try to drive on, my car won’t move. Pushed the car to hard shoulder and waited for flatbed truck which I’m currently on. Anyone else had a similar issue? How was it resolved? Tip: handbrake wouldn’t come off when they tried to winch it onto the truck. I’ve read posts here of people struggling with this, but by choosing N and tapping footbrake released the handbrake for me.

GreyIpace

Re: Error with high voltage battery

Post by GreyIpace » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:04 pm

Hi
Did four short journeys, total of 25 miles. Went out to car later that day, no high voltage power, 12v battery providing power for internal lights. JLR tech unable to get handbrake off, or get car into neutral. Likewise AA guy could not help, JLR recovery vehicle left unable to do anything. Independant
recovery called by JLR jacked car up onto four sliders and winched car onto Flatbed.
That was Feb 4th. Dealer say new power module fitted but having difficulty with software download.
They say, but not with confidence, that it should be ready tomorrow?

alm

Post by alm » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:20 pm

Good luck with tomorrow.... when I got mine off the truck I was getting many different warnings about both the high voltage and 12v batteries... the dealer just told me they only have 1 technician that’s been ipace trained.. so I should expect it to take “at least” 1 week...

the joy of being an early adopter.

batteries_included

Post by batteries_included » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:55 am

GreyIpace wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:04 pm
Hi
Did four short journeys, total of 25 miles. Went out to car later that day, no high voltage power, 12v battery providing power for internal lights. JLR tech unable to get handbrake off, or get car into neutral. Likewise AA guy could not help, JLR recovery vehicle left unable to do anything. Independant
recovery called by JLR jacked car up onto four sliders and winched car onto Flatbed.
That was Feb 4th. Dealer say new power module fitted but having difficulty with software download.
They say, but not with confidence, that it should be ready tomorrow?
Have you got your car back yet?

Today is 4 weeks since i left mine at the dealer ...............
Indus Silver HSE

alm

Post by alm » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:10 am

It’s been nearly a week for mine and dealer doesn’t seem too confident about when it’ll be fixed. First JLr were sending a technician to help, then they decided it will be “phone” support for the dealer only... I’m getting zero commitment on time-to-fix or next steps just vague comments about how they are continuing to investigate.. and that “these electric cars are complicated”... Stupidly I’d assumed that jaguar would have everything in place for proper, quality, support on release of these cars and that I wouldn’t be paying a premium to be a guinea pig.

batteries_included

Post by batteries_included » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:53 am

alm wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:10 am
It’s been nearly a week for mine and dealer doesn’t seem too confident about when it’ll be fixed. First JLr were sending a technician to help, then they decided it will be “phone” support for the dealer only... I’m getting zero commitment on time-to-fix or next steps just vague comments about how they are continuing to investigate.. and that “these electric cars are complicated”... Stupidly I’d assumed that jaguar would have everything in place for proper, quality, support on release of these cars and that I wouldn’t be paying a premium to be a guinea pig.
Sounds just like my dealer “these electric cars are complicated”...word for word...only one tech cant sort it, but worse still they cant even tell me what the problem is. Emailed them yesterday for an update -nothing as yet, app tells me car has been sitting unlocked and unconnected since since last Friday, so there appears to be no hurry :-(
Indus Silver HSE

scm

Post by scm » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:05 pm

Certainly not an ideal situation, but I'd rather they left it alone if they have no clue, than tinker and make it worse!

GreyIpace

Post by GreyIpace » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:59 pm

Dealer contacted me this morning to say there is nothing they can do. Matter been left with JLR technical and they have had no contact from them for a couple of days now.

UBR

Post by UBR » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:55 pm

Oh no.

Looks like the dealer network is not equipped to handle these cars. My dealer has had mine now for nearly 2 weeks and still hasn’t made a diagnosis, never mind start any corrective actions. If they all start inundating JLR Technical then progress will slow even further.

Fingers crossed JLR respond soon for you.
Caesium Blue HSE

GreyIpace

Post by GreyIpace » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:38 am

JLR have had my IPace for three weeks on Monday. From the activity between the dealer and JLR neither of them seems to have a clue how to fix it.
Have experienced the dealer saying they are waiting for a fix from JLR and JLR saying they have sent a fix to the dealer.
Neither wants to take responsibility. JLR technical seem to think that if they have sent a fix to the dealer then that is it. They don't follow through to see if the fix has worked. Smacks of them just wanting the case off their desk and onto someone else's.
This amateurish approach doesn't bode well for the future, especially when the car is out of warranty. They both take delight in pointing the finger at each other. Neither seems willing to take responsibility for ensuring that the car is up and running.
Escalated the matter Friday to a formal complaint and also the fact that JLR must take responsibility. Received an acknowledgement but given my experience so far suspect that there is now a third player in the game of kicking the can down the road.
Here's hoping. At some stage I guess I have to consider rejecting the car.
Anyone else got total loss of power issues?

Return to “Faults & Technical”