All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Chimpils

Re: Bjorn surprised by the efficiency of the I-Pace

Post by Chimpils » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:41 am

They are extremely cool AND efficient!

René

Post by René » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:12 pm

I read that tesla uses a bigger rear motor for acceleration and a smaller front for higher efficiency when maintaining highway speeds. The (bigger) electromotor has lower efficiency at higher rotation speeds, that is when the smaller motor takes over.

As a previous tesla owner I can tell that the consumption information the car provides is inaccurate. It does not include the power consumption that is used to heat the battery in cold weather. When I tried to compare the avg consumption times mileage it did not add up to the kWh's required to re-charge. When I asked for an explanation to their support organization, I was told that the extra consumption to heat the batteries is not calculated in the driving consumption. I'm not sure if same applies to the I-Pace, as it does not report how much kWh was added during a charge session.

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:00 am

René wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:12 pm
I read that tesla uses a bigger rear motor for acceleration and a smaller front for higher efficiency when maintaining highway speeds. The (bigger) electromotor has lower efficiency at higher rotation speeds, that is when the smaller motor takes over.

As a previous tesla owner I can tell that the consumption information the car provides is inaccurate. It does not include the power consumption that is used to heat the battery in cold weather. When I tried to compare the avg consumption times mileage it did not add up to the kWh's required to re-charge. When I asked for an explanation to their support organization, I was told that the extra consumption to heat the batteries is not calculated in the driving consumption. I'm not sure if same applies to the I-Pace, as it does not report how much kWh was added during a charge session.
Wrong on the first paragraph.

Misinformed by Tesla on the second paragraph.
Caesium Blue S. 250mi range on 18” wheels in the Winter. Hoping for 300 miles range when it warms up.

sciencegeek

Post by sciencegeek » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:35 am

>Sigh< People if you "hear" something or "read" something, before you think it might be true, google it ... and if it's important enough, delve deep for the complete information. [end of bully pulpit rant, apologies]

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”