Hello from Norfolk UK

New to the Jaguar I-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
User avatar
anorak
Posts: 223
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:56 pm
Location: Cambs. UK

Re: Hello from Norfolk UK

Post by anorak » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:26 pm

Garryjw wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:34 pm
Just did Peterborough to Heathrow. Would have easily done it without a charge but did a fifteen minute top up so I have charge for the trip back.
I would have thought (hoped) that round trip would be achievable on a single charge if you kept the speed to 65 - 70mph - about 190 miles?

I'm doing 150 miles on Monday for the first time in the i-Pace so I guess I'll find out!
I Pace EV400 S, Caesium blue, Oyster leather, 18" wheels, MY19, delivered 01/2019
IMC: S18D_18.47.5-269316 || Telematics: 14.2


User avatar
anorak
Posts: 223
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:56 pm
Location: Cambs. UK

Re: Hello from Norfolk UK

Post by anorak » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:31 pm

Chewy wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:48 pm
anorak wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:26 pm

I've got a similar dilemma with a trip to Cheltenham coming up - 244 miles round trip. Do I drive like I've got Miss Daisy in the back seat to hopefully do it without a charge en-route or not bother and stop for a top-up and a coffee / lunch.
There are quite few CCS chargers in the Cheltenham and Gloucester area. Drive it like and Jag, have a short break and head back.
I was leaning that way Chewy - self restraint is much harder in it than it was in the NIssan!
I Pace EV400 S, Caesium blue, Oyster leather, 18" wheels, MY19, delivered 01/2019
IMC: S18D_18.47.5-269316 || Telematics: 14.2


User avatar
anorak
Posts: 223
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:56 pm
Location: Cambs. UK

Re: Hello from Norfolk UK

Post by anorak » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:39 pm

Pi-Pace wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:15 pm

Lol "Squeeze out"! I'm too new at this to risk it with my 90-year-old parents in the car! I'll be taking my partner's car, which is sad, but on this occasion, I think prudence is in order!! :)
Understandable. I used Nissan's loan car for a week in the Lincolnshire Wolds last year instead of going in my LEAF. It is (was) a bit of a charging desert there. I was just thinking if you were nearer Thetford than Great Yarmouth or Cromer it shouldn't be an impossibility.

You could always still just stop at a rapid charger for half an hour on the way there - that would give you an extra 50 ish miles of range.
Last edited by anorak on Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Pace EV400 S, Caesium blue, Oyster leather, 18" wheels, MY19, delivered 01/2019
IMC: S18D_18.47.5-269316 || Telematics: 14.2


Chewy
Posts: 985
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:46 pm
Location: UK

Re: Hello from Norfolk UK

Post by Chewy » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:40 pm

anorak wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:31 pm
Chewy wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:48 pm
anorak wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:26 pm

I've got a similar dilemma with a trip to Cheltenham coming up - 244 miles round trip. Do I drive like I've got Miss Daisy in the back seat to hopefully do it without a charge en-route or not bother and stop for a top-up and a coffee / lunch.
There are quite few CCS chargers in the Cheltenham and Gloucester area. Drive it like and Jag, have a short break and head back.
I was leaning that way Chewy - self restraint is much harder in it than it was in the NIssan!
Smiles. I am still trying to leave the Leaf habits behind :-)
Caesium Blue S. 250mi range on 18” wheels in the Winter. Hoping for 300 miles range when it warms up. S19A-07, 15.2


User avatar
Pi-Pace
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:23 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Hello from Norfolk UK

Post by Pi-Pace » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:22 am

Cheers holderone. I want to take my new iPace so will definitely make the Heathrow one my first longish journey.


User avatar
Pi-Pace
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:23 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Hello from Norfolk UK

Post by Pi-Pace » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:25 am

anorak wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:26 pm
Garryjw wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:34 pm
Just did Peterborough to Heathrow. Would have easily done it without a charge but did a fifteen minute top up so I have charge for the trip back.
I would have thought (hoped) that round trip would be achievable on a single charge if you kept the speed to 65 - 70mph - about 190 miles?

I'm doing 150 miles on Monday for the first time in the i-Pace so I guess I'll find out!
Good stuff! Let me know how it goes please. :)


User avatar
Pi-Pace
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:23 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Hello from Norfolk UK

Post by Pi-Pace » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:27 am

anorak wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:39 pm
Pi-Pace wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:15 pm

Lol "Squeeze out"! I'm too new at this to risk it with my 90-year-old parents in the car! I'll be taking my partner's car, which is sad, but on this occasion, I think prudence is in order!! :)
Understandable. I used Nissan's loan car for a week in the Lincolnshire Wolds last year instead of going in my LEAF. It is (was) a bit of a charging desert there. I was just thinking if you were nearer Thetford than Great Yarmouth or Cromer it shouldn't be an impossibility.

You could always still just stop at a rapid charger for half an hour on the way there - that would give you an extra 50 ish miles of range.
I'm near Wymondham so I think I should be easily OK for the Heathrow trip. I think Newbury is a bit further ... and parents, so I may not risk the stress! lol.


holderone
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:57 pm
Location: UK

Re: Hello from Norfolk UK

Post by holderone » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:34 am

If you go down the M11 along the M25 to Heathrow I recommend a good Polar 50kw charger just off the motorway. I think that would be around 110 miles into your journey.

https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-A0 ... ndex.shtml
1st edition, Corris grey, 22 Inch Alloys
IMC:19a telematics:14.2


baz99
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:06 am
Location: Norwich UK

Re: Hello from Norfolk UK

Post by baz99 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:17 pm

There is a free CCS 50kw charger at Lidl Aylsham road, Just download the Podpoint app on to your phone
FE Corris Grey, 22" forged", pano, oyster interior, HUD


User avatar
Pi-Pace
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:23 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Hello from Norfolk UK

Post by Pi-Pace » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:15 pm

baz99 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:17 pm
There is a free CCS 50kw charger at Lidl Aylsham road, Just download the Podpoint app on to your phone
Thanks for the tip! In fact I think that’s where my car was charged just before I collected it, as the dealership was keen that I should have a full charge.


Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”