Your Best kWh/100mi journey

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
TeslaDriver

Re: Your Best kWh/100mi journey

Post by TeslaDriver » Thu May 23, 2019 2:00 pm

alex_haddock wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 1:40 pm
I tend to reduce back down to two, think its just the reduced rate of acceleration once you’ve finished being cut up....Its not super smooth by any means but not quite as eager as it is on Comfort to close the gap to the car in front...
Tesla (but my hardware is a few years old) doesn't react to car pulling into lane until it has significantly intruded ... and then works hard to preserve the "follow distance" gap (interval), generally resulting in friction brakes (or my feathering with throttle and, safely, using up some of the gap ... but no doubt flashing brake lights in the process ...)

Whilst I'm feathering with throttle I am overriding AutoPilot, so car won't slow down if I failed to notice something happening (no idea about actual AEB - perhaps that would come on once an accident was inevitable, even if I had foot on throttle? but in general I would prefer that AutoPilot was doing all the things it is supposed to, without encouraging me to intercede just because I think the car isn't being Eco enough ...)

So I'd prefer that Tesla did a more Eco job and consumed some follow-space to allow slowing down on Regen alone, when possible. Maybe newer models are capable of that ..

Maybe iPace does a better job?

The ACC I had in VW was far, far worse. Haired up behind a car and leapt on the brakes. And that was the BlueMotion Eco model for gawd sake ...

BillCB

Post by BillCB » Thu May 23, 2019 2:06 pm

Aus_ipace wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:48 am
most of us just take screenshots of our phone and post it up as a pic.
Thanks! Will post my best trip shortly.
HSE Fuji White, Black Ext Pack, Cold Climate, Adaptive Dynamics, ADSR, Fogs, Perf. Seats, HUD and pretty much all options including Cooled Glovebox!

BillCB

Post by BillCB » Thu May 23, 2019 2:18 pm

Here's my best to date. Temp was a cool 10C.

IMG_0177.PNG

HSE Fuji White, Black Ext Pack, Cold Climate, Adaptive Dynamics, ADSR, Fogs, Perf. Seats, HUD and pretty much all options including Cooled Glovebox!

alex_haddock

Post by alex_haddock » Thu May 23, 2019 5:17 pm

TeslaDriver wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:00 pm
alex_haddock wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 1:40 pm
I tend to reduce back down to two, think its just the reduced rate of acceleration once you’ve finished being cut up....Its not super smooth by any means but not quite as eager as it is on Comfort to close the gap to the car in front...
Tesla (but my hardware is a few years old) doesn't react to car pulling into lane until it has significantly intruded ... and then works hard to preserve the "follow distance" gap (interval), generally resulting in friction brakes (or my feathering with throttle and, safely, using up some of the gap ... but no doubt flashing brake lights in the process ...)

Whilst I'm feathering with throttle I am overriding AutoPilot, so car won't slow down if I failed to notice something happening (no idea about actual AEB - perhaps that would come on once an accident was inevitable, even if I had foot on throttle? but in general I would prefer that AutoPilot was doing all the things it is supposed to, without encouraging me to intercede just because I think the car isn't being Eco enough ...)

So I'd prefer that Tesla did a more Eco job and consumed some follow-space to allow slowing down on Regen alone, when possible. Maybe newer models are capable of that ..

Maybe iPace does a better job?

The ACC I had in VW was far, far worse. Haired up behind a car and leapt on the brakes. And that was the BlueMotion Eco model for gawd sake ...
Ha, no from your description it sounds pretty similar, determined to keep the distance so braking often and like you when minded to I’ll try and feather the throttle. All I’ve found is that ECO mode slows down the acceleration back to speed somewhat. Ipace Comfort mode ACC sounds like VW mode 😂...

I’ve not tried Dynamic mode in ACC, I don’t intend to...😬
i-Pace First Edition, Santorini Black from 4th March ‘19. (14.2 - 19.x)

Jelle v/d Meer

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Fri May 31, 2019 8:21 am

See below a mostly highway trip - cloudy and damped roads - 15 degrees - 4 adults.
Corrected distance/speed gives 194km, 96km/h and efficiency of 228wh/km or for the imperialist 121 miles at 60mph with efficiency of 366wh/mile

Started 100% battery - arrived with 46% - pretty much aligns with common theory of 82kW available battery. 194km * 228wh/km = 44.23kW / 54% used = 81.91kW.
That indicates at that speed/efficiency a 359km or 223 mile range which is better than the Jaguar range calculator which indicates for 15 degrees - highway on 18" a expected range of 309km or 192 miles.

Image-1.png

This morning trip into work - sunny - 18 degrees - alone => 7km with efficiency of 166wh/km or 267wh/mile

Image-2.png

I-pace S + HUD, Drive Pack, Light Oyster Sport Seats, Elec Tailgate, DAB+ & heated windshield I Ceasium Blue & 18" wheels

Jelle v/d Meer

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Fri May 31, 2019 8:04 pm

My new record - 127wk/km or 204wk/mile - all 50km/h roads with traffic lights or roundabouts. Dry - evening - 20 degrees.

With 82kW usable battery it would give me 645km or 401mile range which is 175km better than Jaguar range calculator for Urban (=avg speed 27km/h)

A5A5EDB1-E2D3-4325-AC6E-3E380536F033.jpeg

I-pace S + HUD, Drive Pack, Light Oyster Sport Seats, Elec Tailgate, DAB+ & heated windshield I Ceasium Blue & 18" wheels

BillCB

Post by BillCB » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:15 am

My best to date. Indicative of a range of 450 kms. GOM said 434 kms when I set out. No preconditioning, temp around 14C. This was a slow sight-seeing journey.

IMG_0209.PNG

Jelle v/d Meer

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:29 am

I did 2 real world efficiency highway test at 104km/h and 94km/h on the speedometer - both were done on quiet highways, ACC set, exact same route (triangle highway route so constant speed see the only 0.1kW regeneration), only 2 sharper turns (speed approx 70km/h for less than 1km), outside temperature 17-18 degrees, Eco mode, air off and just me in the car.

See below the results - 3% should be added to distance as my car registers less km than actual driven. So 10km/h lower speed gave approx 10% better efficiency.
The achieved results are minimal 10% better than my previous best efficiency for these average speeds.
  • 104km test - avg speed 101km/h (=63mph) - 216wh/km (=348wh/mile) so with 82kW usable 380km (=236 mile) range
  • 94km test - avg speed 91km/h (=57mph) - 195wh/km (=314wh/mile) so with 82kW usable 421km (=261 mile) range

Efficiency Test.jpg

emgf

Post by emgf » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:08 am

Thks Jelle for this “ TeslaBjorn“ test
SE Yulong White , light oyster interior , 20" Gloss Black , since October 9th 2018

Captain.Plummet

Post by Captain.Plummet » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:15 am

Driving 120 miles from Wiltshire to North Warwickshire this week the fuel gauge didn’t make any sense. I preconditioned before leaving and still saw 59kWh/100miles on the accumulated gauge as I drove out of town at sub 30mph speeds. After a couple of miles I was doing 50 in Eco mode and the gauge registered 34kWh/100. It stayed around that consumption rate at an average 46mph until I stopped at the Majestic in Stow. From there to home I drove above 60mph most of the way in Dynamic mode and overtook several cars with the gauge showing 28kWh/100miles when that leg of the journey ended. This has to be down to the issue Jaguar has with battery temperature management. Too much power is being used to regulate the battery to the incorrect operating temperature. If conditions are just right the consumption is in Tesla territory but, if not the car empties it’s battery regulating itself. The coming update should bring much lower consumption. If the rate of 27kWh/100 miles is indicative then we should be seeing 300 mile per charge performance and maybe a bit more if they extend the capacity to 85kWh usable.

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”