All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Goshdarnit

Re: Handover on hold due to range showing as 201mi

Post by Goshdarnit » Fri May 17, 2019 12:12 pm

RJUK wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:49 am
NightFox wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:33 am
Service departments frequently take cars out for drives though, either to try and replicate an issue or check everything's good after a repair, it's often the only way of achieving this. I'm not saying customer's cars aren't ever misused, just no one should be surprised to see a few extra miles on the clock.

I'd say the much worse offenders are airport "meet and greet" car parking services. I used to use the official one at Manchester Airport all the time until I picked up my Evoque from there once, found the back seats which I'd left flat were back in the upright position (i.e. they'd used it to transport staff around) and it was in "Sand" mode (which re-maps the throttle to increase off-the-line acceleration). Unfortunately, this was in the days before online tracking through an app so I couldn't also see where and how the car had been driven.
Of course, if they need to test the car that's one thing, but from what the other poster said it sounded like their car wasn't in for fault diagnosis and had no need to be driven anywhere. In which case I would be annoyed that it had been used as if it were a pool car for the dealership.

As for the airport parking services, I remember seeing something on TV where the firm had been caught on the dash cam of the owner and had clocked up hundreds of miles over the course of the time that the car was with them.

Utterly ridiculous and why I'd never use one of those types of company.
Are you sure you’re not thinking of Ferris Buellers Day Off? :D

I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.07.2-312706 Telematics: 14.2

Control your iPace with Siri voice commands

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Fri May 17, 2019 12:19 pm

It was probably a bit like that, but with more guys sat on the bonnet of the car chatting and using it like their own car driving around London.

Dizzyfish

Post by Dizzyfish » Fri May 17, 2019 2:10 pm

I've pushed for an update. "MOD 3 is not accepting a charge so only 2 out of the 3 groups of pouch cells are being charged via 7kW or fast charge" (their words, not mine). Apparently it works with the granny brick.

I've asked for the kWh reported from the battery rather than the nonsense from GoM or battery % (which are calculated, interpreted and manipulated) the to see whether this is actually only charging two of the three packs or whether it is bilge and flimflam and they are going to get back to me. I know it won't be 90 but it should be around 60 if there is an issue (but doesn't explain why it was showing as 100% charged).

They haven't applied all the available updates as they only do the ones that are 'necessary'. This is either because 'if it ain't broke' of they don't want to invest the time (its probably the former tbh). I asked about the various versions, InControl, Telematics etc and it came back as the 'latest'.

Advice from JLR is to power down, update the affected module and power up again. Sounds rather like turn it off and on, but hey that works 80% of the time.

It doesn't add up, but this came from a sales guy rather than a technician so I'll just wait and see.
I-Pace HSE MY20, Corris Grey, Air&ASR, 20", gloss black everything

CRC@Jaguar

Post by CRC@Jaguar » Fri May 17, 2019 2:16 pm

Dizzyfish wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:36 am
Hi all.

I was due to get my car today but have been put on hold because they can only get the range to 201mi at 99% charge (see attached).

I don't doubt the engineers at the garage know what they are doing :| , but monitoring the InControl app for the past day it looks like they have updated the software, driven it 20 miles and left it on charge overnight which has made no difference. They have also done a full reset (pedal and software).

I'm expecting it is normal and range will settle down after a few weeks but should I be concerned?

TIA
Good Afternoon Dizzyfish,

I am concerned to learn of your comments.

I would like to take the opportunity to investigate this further. To do so, please can you PM me with your name, contact number and the approved retailer involved.

Once I have received this information, I would be happy to assist further.

Thanks,
Becci - Jaguar UK

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Fri May 17, 2019 2:18 pm

Turning it off and on again works way more than 80% of the time. It fixes everything that can’t be fixed with duct tape.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.07.2-312706 Telematics: 14.2

Control your iPace with Siri voice commands

Dizzyfish

Post by Dizzyfish » Fri May 17, 2019 2:23 pm

Hi Becci.

Thanks very much for reaching out. I'm happy for now that the dealers are on it. Once everything is sorted I'll put a final update here and let you know how I get on.

Dizzyfish

Post by Dizzyfish » Fri May 17, 2019 4:59 pm

Engineer attending on Monday. Can't fault that for getting things fixed :-)

Dizzyfish

Post by Dizzyfish » Fri May 17, 2019 9:43 pm

So, it appears there is nothing wrong with the car.

Their charger is faulty.

Four days and 49 miles to work that out.

Still, gotta laugh!

C15D2AF7-B632-47F7-BDC1-3B530D0BF140.jpeg

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Sat May 18, 2019 12:23 am

Numpties!

MartijnEV

Post by MartijnEV » Sat May 18, 2019 12:16 pm

Dizzyfish wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:10 pm
"MOD 3 is not accepting a charge so only 2 out of the 3 groups of pouch cells are being charged via 7kW or fast charge" (their words, not mine). Apparently it works with the granny brick.
Wow, that’s a lot of complete nonsense in two sentences!
Striking how some engineers make things up without any knowledge, just to give the customer an(y) answer.
The Netherlands
i-Pace S, Fuji White, panorama roof, 18” wheels, heated seats, interior ioniser, front fog lights
Build date: 7 Nov 2018 | Delivery: 3 Dec 2018 |Telematics: 15.2 | InControl: S18D | Maps: 8.30.95.153

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”