Cruise control - power limit

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
fellowsm

Cruise control - power limit

Post by fellowsm » Fri May 17, 2019 4:08 pm

Did a long'ish journey last weekend Fareham to Kidderminster approx 160 miles. Used A32, M40 but kept speed around 60 as wanted to make it without recharging. Regen set to high and arrived with plenty of battery to spare, could have done 250 miles which is the best I've achieved. Usually drive it a bit like "a jag" on my daily commute.

Using cruise control as the cars in front pulled away or I moved out to overtake slower traffic the acceleration was pretty much as expected, I thought it would be a good idea to be able to set maximum power rather than maximum speed when cruising, to allow the car to gentle reach the set speed to help prolong the range. But of course having an option to use the go pedal to break the setting.

I know i could achieve the same effect driving manually (without cruise) but that not such fun on a longer journey - so my request is an update to allow a "set max power" when on cruise or even on normal driving.

On my Leaf there is the ECO button which blunts the power delivery and helps extend the range but dont think we have that option

Goshdarnit

Re: Cruise control - power limit

Post by Goshdarnit » Fri May 17, 2019 8:16 pm

We have eco mode but I’m not convinced it makes much difference.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.07.2-312706 Telematics: 14.2

Check out my I-Pace Channel on YouTube
Control your iPace with Siri voice commands

MjrPayne

Re: Cruise control - power limit

Post by MjrPayne » Sat May 18, 2019 6:22 am

I've noticed that in ECO mode CC use about 100kWh max when accelerating. In normal mode it goes up to 200kWh.
Blue HSE since 21.12019
Backup -04 XJ SuperV8

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”