Test drive

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
hardus77

Test drive

Post by hardus77 » Sat May 18, 2019 7:46 am

Hello everyone,

I got to test drive one yesterday at the Orange County auto show. The ride was about 15 minutes on surface streets. Sadly I knew more about the car then the Jaguar person - he was brought in at the last minute because of high demand. Brilliant car. It got the 👍 from the wife.

Having said that I still think it will be a difficult choice between the iPace and the Niro. Yes the Niro is much less refined and not a performance focused, but half the cost and better range.

Thank you!

Goshdarnit

Re: Test drive

Post by Goshdarnit » Sat May 18, 2019 8:36 am

hardus77 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 7:46 am
Hello everyone,

I got to test drive one yesterday at the Orange County auto show. The ride was about 15 minutes on surface streets. Sadly I knew more about the car then the Jaguar person - he was brought in at the last minute because of high demand. Brilliant car. It got the 👍 from the wife.

Having said that I still think it will be a difficult choice between the iPace and the Niro. Yes the Niro is much less refined and not a performance focused, but half the cost and better range.

Thank you!
I do agree. The choice to buy an ipace is like the choice to buy any high end car. There are cars that do the same job as a Ferrari, use less fuel, aren’t as fast but don’t look as nice and are less luxurious. So most people buy Ford and a few buy a Ferrari. The ipace is not (and never was meant to be) a car for the masses. The fact that it is selling so well is impressive and surprising.

Whatever one you buy good luck with it. The head says Niro, the heart says ipace!
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.07.2-312706 Telematics: 14.2

Control your iPace with Siri voice commands

MjrPayne

Post by MjrPayne » Sat May 18, 2019 9:03 am

Which one you would choose if compare ICE Niro vs F-Pace (or E-Pace if similar size). Same dilemma, how much you want to spend. Range different isn't that big but Niro charges faster, thanks to smaller battery. But is that an issue depends your driving profile. If lot of long trips with charging on the road, then range/charge speed is important. But if not, then no need to worry it. But I'd also consider which one is most comfortable for long daily trips and choose comfort over the range.
Blue HSE since 21.12019
Backup -04 XJ SuperV8

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Sat May 18, 2019 11:57 am

MjrPayne wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 9:03 am
Which one you would choose if compare ICE Niro vs F-Pace (or E-Pace if similar size). Same dilemma, how much you want to spend. Range different isn't that big but Niro charges faster, thanks to smaller battery. But is that an issue depends your driving profile. If lot of long trips with charging on the road, then range/charge speed is important. But if not, then no need to worry it. But I'd also consider which one is most comfortable for long daily trips and choose comfort over the range.
The eNero is very comfortable to drive, as is the eKona. Both have better range than the I-Pace if Range is a concern. They both have much smaller batteries so will charge much faster with the same charging kW. They both cost much less than the I-Pace and have FREE road tax. They have pretty much all the “features” the top of the range I-Pace has, but definitely don’t suffer from the severe software issues some I-Pace owners have experienced. The Infotainment systems don’t suffer from lag, and support Android Auto and CarPlay in ANY country.

You could buy an eNero for yourself and the eKona for your partner for not a lot more than the price of the I-Pace. However, you would have to wait around 1 Year to get them.
Caesium Blue S. 250mi range on 18” wheels in the Winter. Hoping for 300 miles range when it warms up. S19A-07, 15.2

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”