Fishguard to Dorchester

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Grifmike

Fishguard to Dorchester

Post by Grifmike » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:31 pm

Hi All,

I was hoping to attempt a Kilkenny, Ireland to Dorchester road trip via Ferry to Fishguard in July. I have Zap map and other tools; but just wondering if anyone has any knowledge go the Fishguard to Bristol portion of the route.

What worries me is the presence of Ecotricity chargers along the Welsh route and given their less then stellar reputation ... I have concerns! No insult to Wales - but my plan is not to get stranded there for an overnight charge! Am I over thinking it?

"A better route planner" suggested Nat-y-ci Carpark or the Holiday Inn Express Newport chargers?

Any advice or sage warnings would be appreciated.

Mike.

oop north

Re: Fishguard to Dorchester

Post by oop north » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:47 pm

5186020B-1903-4BE8-B7CD-ED47F7A1E34B.png

There is a polar charger in Swansea - I haven’t done any charging away from him in my iPace yet (did quite a bit in my i3 that I had for three years) but based on everyone’s experience of ecotricity recently and with iPace I have taken out a polar subscription
it’s here! Arrived 29.04.19, HSE, MY20, Caesium Blue, tan interior, black bits

Grifmike

Post by Grifmike » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:28 pm

Cheers Oop North - thats very handy; thanks for letting me know!

Will keep my eye out for Polar chargers in my route planners.

BTW have you any direct experience with Instavolt CCS chargers by any chance? Reason I ask is that there is an Instavolt in Shepton Mallet - right where it would be highly useful for a charge on my road trip ...

We don't have either charger in Ireland; so never had the chance to test.

Regards
Mike

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:15 am

Grifmike wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:28 pm
Cheers Oop North - thats very handy; thanks for letting me know!

Will keep my eye out for Polar chargers in my route planners.

BTW have you any direct experience with Instavolt CCS chargers by any chance? Reason I ask is that there is an Instavolt in Shepton Mallet - right where it would be highly useful for a charge on my road trip ...

We don't have either charger in Ireland; so never had the chance to test.

Regards
Mike
InstaVolt are awesome. Very simple to use. No app or registration needed. Just swipe your contactless payment card, Apple Watch with Apple Pay or phone with contactless payment (or even ChargePoint RFID cars if you have one), plug in and press start. Ultra simple, it’s how charging should be. I’ve also found them 100% reliable and never had an issue charging the I-Pace, unlike some other networks.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.07.2-312706 Telematics: 14.2

Check out my I-Pace Channel on YouTube
Control your iPace with Siri voice commands

Grifmike

Post by Grifmike » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:19 pm

Excellent news - appreciate the info Goshdarnit! 😀

npritchard

Post by npritchard » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:58 pm

The other thing about InstaVolt, which I think is completely overlooked, is that all their installations have two chargers. Simple thing but think about it, who else (apart from Tesla) always does that. It doubles your chance of a free/working charger. And the Bannatyne Gyms are so welcoming and great places to stop for coffee and/or lunch. Always my first port of call.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior.
IMC: S19A_19.07.2-312706 Telematics: 15.2

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”