Matrix Headlights (Adaptive Driving Beam) don't seem to be working

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
Terry60

Re: Matrix Headlights (Adaptive Driving Beam) don't seem to be working

Post by Terry60 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:39 am

krista wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:44 am
My car is delivered in Belgium July 2019. MY20 VIN836 and ADB not working. Several updates executed by the dealer and he now opened a case at JLR UK. I'm waiting for feedback and check regularly this forum. So it's not only a problem with cars delivered in the UK.
You're right at the top end of the main "non-functioning" red block on our survey chart.
Welcome to the club
See my post above.
Hopefully someone will be taking real notice very soon
I'll post again when I get my car back later this week.
Watch this space for developments.
Ex A3 e-tron (138mpg over 4 years)
Now in Black HSE (every tech option, no bling) MY20 VIN 829.. IC S19B_19.35 Tele 16.2 Maps 100.153
Awaiting PV, Powerwall, Zappi.
Looking forward to free motoring. (barring the cost of all the kit !)

Terry60

Post by Terry60 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:50 am

RJUK wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:18 am
Orpington_Shark wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:48 am
Having emailed Jaguar about this (after the car being in the dealer twice), and now spoken to them twice since the email, they still are not acknowledging a larger issue. I got a phone call yesterday afternoon again trying to blame this on user error, rather that multiple cars having a technical issue.

I think if Jaguar are not going to acknowledge this issue, we need to ramp up the pressure on them. I think if this doesn't get resolved soon, then we could look at a class action legal case against Jaguar Land Rover.
Agreed, all contact I've had with Jaguar seems to be the same. They aren't acknowledging the issue and just trying to give me tips on how to turn it on, as if I'm an idiot.

I wonder if we could all take photos of our cars with a sign on them saying "broken" and post it up on the Jag Facebook and Twitter pages to try to awaken them to the issue, or something similar with a bit of impact. Going public sometimes helps to embarrass large companies into taking note of a problem.
I demonstrated to the dealer this morning that I do know how to turn them on (in my loaner - though being daylight there was no "Auto" symbol confirmation (he assures me it's working though and the VIN places it firmly in our "greens")
By now the workshop will have already determined that my own vehicle doesn't pass the same test, so rest assured that with this and a previous post confirming that another dealer somewhere is also raising the appropriate paperwork, the Catch 22 log-jam (nobody's reported it, so it can't be real, so I won't report it), should finally be cleared and JLR will take it seriously.
Now in Black HSE (every tech option, no bling) MY20 VIN 829.. IC S19B_19.35 Tele 16.2 Maps 100.153

Terry60

Post by Terry60 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:56 am

Terry60 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:50 pm
Billy Bunter wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:37 pm
there’s only 1 vehicle after 834 (976), I’d be cautious using a sample of 1 to make bold statements based on that.

(just in case it’s not/never been fixed....)
Not exactly.
I got my dealer to do the check on their latest showroom model.
I don't know its VIN, but it's got to be late, and the evidence that it is working too, suggests the problem is not extant, but has a finite beginning and end.
The one late working VIN we do have in our sample is helpful in establishing the bounds of the problem.
The X axis is not a linear scale by the fragmentary nature of the data, but it does significantly suggest the non-random nature of the problem.
We don't have a single instance reported of a working ADB within that VIN range.
I'll tidy the scale up and include another few late entries (one of which raises the upper bound) before Wed.
Having spoken with the dealer this morning whilst swapping cars, he revealed that the test he did was on my MY19 loaner, not on a newly delivered model, so you could possibly be corrrect that my assumption that the problem has gone away is wrong, as you suggested, based on a sample of one above the red blocks.
It could be another outlier like the single instance in the middle of the reds

scm

Post by scm » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:12 pm

Terry60 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:34 am
I've a feeling that up to now, individual dealers were reluctant to raise it as a real problem because nobody else had done so. Ergo it must be user finger trouble or else there'd be something in the system already.
Perfect Catch 22.
No, what you've described is a circular dependency.. Catch 22 is the same as Morton's Fork, but is a more catchy book title. ;)

NightFox

Post by NightFox » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:05 pm

I guess even if Jaguar's still in denial with some of us, at least we now know that someone behind the scenes is now working on this and should very quickly come to realise the potential magnitude of the issue.

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:24 pm

We can only hope...
Narvik Black I-Pace HSE with black everything, HUD, adaptive air suspension, privacy glass. 8-)

krista

Post by krista » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:13 pm

gorky wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:13 am
krista wrote:
My car is delivered in Belgium July 2019. MY20 VIN836 and ADB not working. Several updates executed by the dealer and he now opened a case at JLR UK. I'm waiting for feedback and check regularly this forum. So it's not only a problem with cars delivered in the UK.
My car is slaso delivered in Belgium July 2019. MY20 VIN 826 and ADB not working. My dealer dont not know annything of this problem, by which dealer did you buy your car?
I bought my car at JLR Leuven, they are not aware of the problem and I'm the first who reports the problem. I delivered it already 3 times for some software updates but no difference. I also explained them the difference between AHBA and ADB. What's your dealer?

gorky

Post by gorky » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:40 pm

krista wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:13 pm
gorky wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:13 am
krista wrote:
My car is slaso delivered in Belgium July 2019. MY20 VIN 826 and ADB not working. My dealer dont not know annything of this problem, by which dealer did you buy your car?
I bought my car at JLR Leuven, they are not aware of the problem and I'm the first who reports the problem. I delivered it already 3 times for some software updates but no difference. I also explained them the difference between AHBA and ADB. What's your dealer?
Mine is comming from JLR Asse, its been already 1 times checked without any result, on 23/09 i have a new appointement for the adaptive lights and also the homelink garage door opener which is also not working

Billy Bunter

Post by Billy Bunter » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:36 pm

TeslaDriver wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:07 am
Terry60 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:19 am
A late surge of entries has necessitated a finer resolution chart
Long shot : is there a way to know if the "white area VINs" (e.g. 860-970) are export? Might account for no responses (to a UK forum)
long before you boys were here this forum was mainly populated by Dutch & Norwegian owners.......
Don’t know UK iPace sales, but there were a lot sold here (3500 cars in 2018, though it dropped off a bit since then)
SE, Firenze Red, Black Pack & Black 20” wheels, Air Suspention, HUD, ACC, DAB+

Billy Bunter

Post by Billy Bunter » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:38 pm

Terry60 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:56 am
Terry60 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:50 pm
Billy Bunter wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:37 pm
there’s only 1 vehicle after 834 (976), I’d be cautious using a sample of 1 to make bold statements based on that.

(just in case it’s not/never been fixed....)
Not exactly.
I got my dealer to do the check on their latest showroom model.
I don't know its VIN, but it's got to be late, and the evidence that it is working too, suggests the problem is not extant, but has a finite beginning and end.
The one late working VIN we do have in our sample is helpful in establishing the bounds of the problem.
The X axis is not a linear scale by the fragmentary nature of the data, but it does significantly suggest the non-random nature of the problem.
We don't have a single instance reported of a working ADB within that VIN range.
I'll tidy the scale up and include another few late entries (one of which raises the upper bound) before Wed.
Having spoken with the dealer this morning whilst swapping cars, he revealed that the test he did was on my MY19 loaner, not on a newly delivered model, so you could possibly be corrrect that my assumption that the problem has gone away is wrong, as you suggested, based on a sample of one above the red blocks.
It could be another outlier like the single instance in the middle of the reds
great work Terry... you’re doing a good service for everybody with this
SE, Firenze Red, Black Pack & Black 20” wheels, Air Suspention, HUD, ACC, DAB+

Return to “Faults & Technical”