Setting up InControl

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
RJUK

Setting up InControl

Post by RJUK » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:35 pm

Hi folks,

I'm trying to get InControl working for my car, but my dealer is being a bit useless.

I set up an InControl account on the Jag website and entered my VIN, but it says I need to contact my dealer to get the car added.

They called me today and said they'd send me a link where I had to set up a new account and then press a button in my car, but they then didn't bother to send the email.

Anyone got the link or any instructions?!

Thanks!
Narvik Black I-Pace HSE with black everything, HUD, adaptive air suspension, privacy glass. 8-)

Pcheaven

Re: Setting up InControl

Post by Pcheaven » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:48 pm

2019 First Edition.
Photon Red

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:48 pm

Hmm, looks like they have to send me the email then, otherwise I can't do it. They told me earlier that's the only way. Trying to set it up yourself without the email apparently doesn't work, which is what I've been finding.

This really shouldn't be so difficult.
Narvik Black I-Pace HSE with black everything, HUD, adaptive air suspension, privacy glass. 8-)

Terry60

Post by Terry60 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:52 pm

I emailed the dealer with a similar query when I was setting up. He'd demonstrated in the showroom at collection, things which the blurb suggested meant they'd already set me up an account.
He phoned me to say that I should have had an email with a link to click, but that had now expired (I never received it),
Fixed it there and then .
Told me to take the phone out to the car and push the appropriate button and confirmed that it had registered.
Back indoors and click on a confirmatory email link - all done.
Ex A3 e-tron (138mpg over 4 years)
Now in Black HSE (every tech option, no bling)
Awaiting PV, Powerwall, Zappi.
Looking forward to free motoring. (barring the cost of all the kit !)
Guilt free at least.

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:23 pm

OK, so Jag still haven't sorted this out for me and are now asking that I take the car into a dealership to have it looked at. I reeeeally don't want to do this, as my old lease just went back today, so I'm starting to drive my I-Pace from tomorrow. I don't really want to get stuck with a diesel XE for weeks whilst they try to figure it out in a half-arsed manner. I also can't see how them having the car is going to sort it.

Just to get things straight on how to set it up, I've already set up an account on the InControl website, but when I enter the last 7 digits of my VIN it says to contact my dealer. They then sent me an email link back to the InControl page I'd already registered on, so I don't think they understand the issue at all.

What happens if I just go home and push the spanner button in the car? Should that trigger something and allow me to enter the VIN against my account on the website?

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:56 pm

OK, so it was as simple as long pressing the spanner button in the car, which then enabled my VIN (almost immediately) on the Jaguar website. If any of them had known what they were talking about I could have had things working ages ago.

Lucky I dug my heels in, because they were asking me to bring the car into the nearest dealership to sort it out. I imagine it being there for weeks whilst they scratch their heads over such a simple thing.

Why it doesn't mention on the website to just long press the button, I have no idea. Would have been much easier than contacting the dealer.

Still, all sorted now.

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”