Public Charging

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
MEO

Re: Public Charging

Post by MEO » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:58 am

Has anyone used the Engenie chargers, planning to stop tomorrow at Dereham Norfolk , there is a Marstons pub there with 2 Engenie chargers.
I-Pace MY20 HSE, Firenze Red, Ebony/Ebony Interior, 18 inch Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Air Suspension, Black pack
IMC: S19B_19.40.4-436082 | Telematics: 16.2
First Edition Corris Grey, Oyster with 18 inch Wheels - Sold

bimjim

Post by bimjim » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:14 am

MEO wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:58 am
Has anyone used the Engenie chargers, planning to stop tomorrow at Dereham Norfolk , there is a Marstons pub there with 2 Engenie chargers.
I tried one once, but I got an error and haven't been back to one since.
InControl: S19B_19.40.4-436082
Telematics: 16.2 (I think)
H228

MEO

Post by MEO » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:18 am

Tried the Engenie charger at Dereham yesterday, first attempt card declined, tried different card, declined, rang the help line number, machine rebooted,then error, what car are you trying to charge asked the operator- I pace, ah they aren’t compatible have you the latest firmware update, don’t know I replied, might work if you have that!
So Engenie don’t charge ipace.
Carried on to Norwich and stopped at Bannatyne gym with instavolt, no problems.
Travelled 207 miles yesterday, started with 97% charge, had one 25 minute instavolt charge and returned home with 30% remaining.
I-Pace MY20 HSE, Firenze Red, Ebony/Ebony Interior, 18 inch Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Air Suspension, Black pack
IMC: S19B_19.40.4-436082 | Telematics: 16.2
First Edition Corris Grey, Oyster with 18 inch Wheels - Sold

MarcusUK

Post by MarcusUK » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:11 am

Goshdarnit wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:26 pm
Just to put your mind at rest, Ecotricity seem to have fixed their issues. I used 6 of them over the last three days (one of them twice) and they all worked perfectly and gave me their full speed charge. Around 42-43 kw at every one. I was expecting problems but it was simple and painless every time.
We went down the M5 to Cornwall on the M5 on the 4th Aug and from Bristol to Exeter tried all the CCS chargers, non would work. Came back on the 8th with the same outcome. Tried Warwick Services M40 on the 10th and it wouldn’t work.

Which ones have you used?
MY20 I-Pace due 24/4/19. Black, black privacy glass, black wheels, Mars red leather seats. Oxford UK 8-)

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:09 pm

Edit: double post but it doesn’t give me the option to delete it for some reason.
Last edited by Goshdarnit on Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:12 pm

MarcusUK wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:11 am
We went down the M5 to Cornwall on the M5 on the 4th Aug and from Bristol to Exeter tried all the CCS chargers, non would work. Came back on the 8th with the same outcome. Tried Warwick Services M40 on the 10th and it wouldn’t work.

Which ones have you used?
I’ve used Todhills, Killington Lake, Stafford, Norton Canes (interestingly my autocorrect just changed that to “No etron Canes”!), Norton Canes again two days later and Tebay northbound.

Not sure if you tried it or not, but it is often worth rebooting them via the emergency stop button if it doesn’t work first time. That applies to all chargers, not just Ecotricity.

Also bear in mind that 4th August was still within the window where they were updating their chargers, so probably not all done by then. We travelled a week later when they were all supposed to have been done (and certainly every one we tried worked).

MarcusUK

Post by MarcusUK » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:11 pm

Thanks very much. Hopefully they have updated and I was just a week too early. We’ll see. Thanks again.
MY20 I-Pace due 24/4/19. Black, black privacy glass, black wheels, Mars red leather seats. Oxford UK 8-)

ChrisMc

Post by ChrisMc » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:23 pm

Unfortunately three attempts by me today on different Ecotricity chargers and three fails, well one was iced and a queue of people hunting for the culprit.

We drove from home to Edinburgh today, ca. 210 miles, the first stop at Gretna Green services (BTW Ionity is nearly ready to go live, 4 stalls - pictures in the Ionity thread) the Ecotricity failed 4 or 5 times so I gave up. I re-booted the charger, got to green a couple of times, locked the car straight away, did all the tricks I could remember, even called Ecotricity and they reset it at their end, no good. Two chargers there but only one has a CCS outlet.

So we drove on to the next one, that was at Annandale services North, the only Ecotricity was ICE'd there was a queue of cars waiting to charge and some numpty had parked his mini bus in the charging bay. There was a very helpful Nissan Leaf driver who told me a charger at Abington Village was working and on free vend. So we set off again, and called at Abington Services to try their Ecotricity, again, 5 or 6 attemps, all failures, same problems and procedures as Gretna Green. Just down the road a coulple of miles in Abington Village there is a public car park and sure enough there was a CPS/CYC E Volt rapid charger, so I tried that, three failures but then it started to work, could have been user error the first attempts as I have never used them before. But anyway, it gave me around 33% charge in about 30 minutes so happy days. There is a general store less than 100 metres away that sell nice coffees, don't have a cake though they are awful :)

So, we may call at that one again on the way home, or maybe the Ionity chargers will be working (doubtful) at Gretna Green. One can only hope.

PS just as we got back to the car at Abington there was another I Pace ready to charge waiting for us to leave, first one I have seen other than mine on the road.
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 in Black with full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc etc
InControlTouch Pro: S18D Updated 31.07.19 Updated 20.09.19 & 21.10.19 to S19B Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2?? - H228

ChrisMc

Post by ChrisMc » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:24 pm

Another successful charge at the E Volt CPS/CYC in Abington Village again today. Quick 20 minute splash and dash and a nice cup of coffee at the general store.

Also tried the Ecotricity at Abington services, but of the two chargers there one was being used and the other has no CCS charging plug, so off to Abington Village a couple of miles up the road which was empty and worked first time.
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 in Black with full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc etc
InControlTouch Pro: S18D Updated 31.07.19 Updated 20.09.19 & 21.10.19 to S19B Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2?? - H228

Buzzer

Post by Buzzer » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:44 pm

ChrisMc wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:23 pm
Unfortunately three attempts by me today on different Ecotricity chargers and three fails, well one was iced and a queue of people hunting for the culprit.

We drove from home to Edinburgh today, ca. 210 miles, the first stop at Gretna Green services (BTW Ionity is nearly ready to go live, 4 stalls - pictures in the Ionity thread) the Ecotricity failed 4 or 5 times so I gave up. I re-booted the charger, got to green a couple of times, locked the car straight away, did all the tricks I could remember, even called Ecotricity and they reset it at their end, no good. Two chargers there but only one has a CCS outlet.

So we drove on to the next one, that was at Annandale services North, the only Ecotricity was ICE'd there was a queue of cars waiting to charge and some numpty had parked his mini bus in the charging bay. There was a very helpful Nissan Leaf driver who told me a charger at Abington Village was working and on free vend. So we set off again, and called at Abington Services to try their Ecotricity, again, 5 or 6 attemps, all failures, same problems and procedures as Gretna Green. Just down the road a coulple of miles in Abington Village there is a public car park and sure enough there was a CPS/CYC E Volt rapid charger, so I tried that, three failures but then it started to work, could have been user error the first attempts as I have never used them before. But anyway, it gave me around 33% charge in about 30 minutes so happy days. There is a general store less than 100 metres away that sell nice coffees, don't have a cake though they are awful :)

So, we may call at that one again on the way home, or maybe the Ionity chargers will be working (doubtful) at Gretna Green. One can only hope.

PS just as we got back to the car at Abington there was another I Pace ready to charge waiting for us to leave, first one I have seen other than mine on the road.
Tell me about it yesterday with Gretna units out of service both todshill NB and SB Ecotricity units out. Carlisle polar unit in the Toby pub out. Ended up in geni-point in Carlisle city centre which took about 5 attempts to work back and forth up the M6 and 3 hours later I had enough charge to get to Edinburgh.
Also the Ecotricity units on their app at Gretna and todshill SB showing in service. Phone up and they told me they had faults and were Out of service.
BtW Norton canes worked well on the way up as did polar in sandbach.
i-Pace SE Black, Ivory interior, 360 camera, 20" wheels
other.... cars Lotus, Westfield, Classic Range Rover.

Return to “Faults & Technical”