XE-S to IPace SE

New to the Jaguar I-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
51mes

Re: XE-S to IPace SE

Post by 51mes » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:07 pm

Thanks for the welcome!

Well used to Jags and their foibles, especially ictpro and the android auto implementation after my latest upgrade, and I still bought another one!

Hoping that I'll very rarely need to use anything other than home or destination charging, based on journey records in the XE for the past 2 years. Possibly 4 or 5 times a year, and will usually need a decent break for lunch/tea in what is a 300mile day.

Looking forwards to it as much as I have almost any car beyond my classic mg. Now need the date, podpoint and then the car ;-}

S.

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:43 pm

51mes wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:07 pm
Thanks for the welcome!

Well used to Jags and their foibles, especially ictpro and the android auto implementation after my latest upgrade, and I still bought another one!

Hoping that I'll very rarely need to use anything other than home or destination charging, based on journey records in the XE for the past 2 years. Possibly 4 or 5 times a year, and will usually need a decent break for lunch/tea in what is a 300mile day.

Looking forwards to it as much as I have almost any car beyond my classic mg. Now need the date, podpoint and then the car ;-}

S.
Sound like you’ve done your research and the car will fit your life well. At least there will be no surprises with software for you. Hopefully your experience will be close to mine and you’ll have relatively few issues. Mine are few and very minor.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.24.2-375121 Telematics: 14.2
Last update: 26/08/19

Check out my I-Pace Channel on YouTube
Control your iPace with Siri voice commands

Thincat

Post by Thincat » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:43 pm

51mes wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:58 pm

As a true petrolhead (I still have a v8 MGB, an S2000 and am looking for a v6 alfa spider) I think it only sensible that I balance out the classics by making the move of my daily to a true BEV and the IPace could very easily be that vehicle.

So I may be moving over from the XE forum to here - I'll keep you posted.

S.
Enjoy your I-Pace!
Once I shared your views about V8 ICE cars but now, 8 months after getting my I-Pace any ICE car is like driving a steam engine.
Please post again in the new year, once you have had chance to get used to driving it and tell us the last time you took your MG out for a spin!
Cesium Blue HSE no sunroof, air suspension, HUD. Changed 20in wheels to 18in :D .

51mes

Post by 51mes » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:58 pm

I will do next summer, the MGB will be tucked up in winter storage generally until April - it will be 45 next month and comes out for rallies and shows over the summer, I also get to tinker under the hood, not something I'm expecting to do with an I-Pace.

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:47 pm

Yeah let’s not get too carried away here. Classic cars are not “just” ICE cars. There’s another element to them. I would never want to drive another modern ICE vehicle ever. But I still would kill to own a 1960 Corvette.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.24.2-375121 Telematics: 14.2
Last update: 26/08/19

Check out my I-Pace Channel on YouTube
Control your iPace with Siri voice commands

Tophe74

Post by Tophe74 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:09 pm

U did the right choice. Welcome to the world of our children life savers.
I pace FE photon red since 20.10.18

Return to “Introductions”