Attempted break in/mindless vandalism

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
pandpt

Attempted break in/mindless vandalism

Post by pandpt » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:07 pm

Went to get in the Jag this morning and the passenger window was cracked. Not sure if you can see in the attached picture, but there was two pressure points. Not sure if it is vandals or an attempted break-in :evil: I hadn't left anything on show.

Unfortunately I live in the city so don't have off-street parking.

The alarm doesn't seem to have gone off though...

BASTARDS!!

car.jpg

MY20 HSE - Santorini Black, gloss black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, other options etc.

RJUK

Re: Attempted break in/mindless vandalism

Post by RJUK » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:09 pm

Ouch, how annoying. Mindless vandalism is my guess. If they wanted to break in I’m sure they would have succeeded.

Can you get this sorted on your insurance without it counting as a claim? (As it’s glass related?)
Narvik Black I-Pace HSE with black everything, HUD, adaptive air suspension, privacy glass. 8-)

SammyD

Post by SammyD » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:09 pm

There are those tools that Halfords and the like sell that are for people inside to use in the event of a crash. There is a knife to cut the seatbelt and a hammer to break the glass in a window. I wonder if something like this has been used but the attacker was unable to complete the task?

I only raise this as I considered buying one of them today
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D
S19A_19.24.2-375121 Maps : whatever is current.

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:36 pm

It's not excuse, but this last ten years the less well off have been treated like sh!t by this and previous Tory Governments.

Don't be surprised if there is animosity shown to people who flaunt wealth by parking £70k cars in the street.
Caesium Blue S. 18” Wheels.
250+ miles range driven in the winter.
300+ miles range driven in the summer.
S19A-19.24, H228

bogeybuster

Post by bogeybuster » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:50 pm

It certainly looks more like a vandaIism than an attempt break in especially as you said there was nothing visible for the culprit to see.
I feel for you.
There are just some mindless people out there that are so jealous of other people's
property whether it be a nice home or car.They are so ignorant that they don't realise you
have to work hard to live in a nice home or own a nice car like the i-pace.
As Rjuk stated it looks like a glass claim although if I am looking correctly at your photograph I can see
that the damage extends on the paintwork above the window glass just below the roof.
However that looks like a scratch that the scratch and dent man could get out without involving your insurance then
just use your insurance to claim for the glass.
Remember to make sure you get your Crime Report Reference Number from the police as this may be required for
an insurance claim.
Jaguar i-Pace Corris Grey SE with Panoramic roof and oyster interior
S19A update no telematics version shown

elbocko

Post by elbocko » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:01 pm

Sympathy.
El Bocko

E 2ERO, SE, Firenze Red, MY19
Infotainment S19A_19.24.2-375121, Telematics 16.2, Battery Shh, it won't say.

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:38 pm

That’s odd damage though. For those who are talking about the emergency hammers etc, have you actually used one? With a surprisingly gentle tap the whole window disintegrates and just shatters and falls out. It would be extremely difficult to cause small cracks like that in that way. The looks more like someone throwing stones probably a child. Horrible and cruel but honestly, anything substantial or more than a tiny amount of strength will destroy a side window.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.24.2-375121 Telematics: 14.2
Last update: 26/08/19

Check out my I-Pace Channel on YouTube
Control your iPace with Siri voice commands

malakai

Post by malakai » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:21 pm

Goshdarnit wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:38 pm
That’s odd damage though. For those who are talking about the emergency hammers etc, have you actually used one? With a surprisingly gentle tap the whole window disintegrates and just shatters and falls out.
Very true for tempered glass, escape hammers and ninja rocks (little spark plug shards) will shatter that stuff with just a light toss. However, the side glass in my I-Pace is laminated, and that's a different thing entirely to break. Like a windshield, laminated glass will crack, not shatter.

Look on the lower back corner of the drivers side window, the factory glass should be labeled as such if it is laminated.
😸 ⚡ 2019 I-Pace HSE EV400 / Silicon Silver, Black / Siena Tan, Ebony, Oyster / 20" 5068's
🇺🇸 ✋ Detroit Michigan

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:34 pm

malakai wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:21 pm
Goshdarnit wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:38 pm
That’s odd damage though. For those who are talking about the emergency hammers etc, have you actually used one? With a surprisingly gentle tap the whole window disintegrates and just shatters and falls out.
Very true for tempered glass, escape hammers and ninja rocks (little spark plug shards) will shatter that stuff with just a light toss. However, the side glass in my I-Pace is laminated, and that's a different thing entirely to break. Like a windshield, laminated glass will crack, not shatter.

Look on the lower back corner of the drivers side window, the factory glass should be labeled as such if it is laminated.
Ah ok. That’s a change to the regulations that I hadn’t twigged. Used to be a requirement that side windows couldn’t be laminated to make for easy emergency services access. That clearly changed at some point. Sorry!
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.24.2-375121 Telematics: 14.2
Last update: 26/08/19

Check out my I-Pace Channel on YouTube
Control your iPace with Siri voice commands

Terry60

Post by Terry60 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:09 am

Air gun pellets ?
Ex A3 e-tron (138mpg over 4 years)
Now in Black HSE (every tech option, no bling) MY20 VIN 829.. IC S19A_19.24 Tele 16.2 Maps 99.0155
Awaiting PV, Powerwall, Zappi.
Looking forward to free motoring. (barring the cost of all the kit !)

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”