Attempted break in/mindless vandalism

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Quakered

Re: Attempted break in/mindless vandalism

Post by Quakered » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:16 am

My sympathy for the damage to your car. However you allude to the fact that you live in a rough area without warning the rest of use where this is (United Kingdom rather lacks precision!). Come on, help the rest of use avoid this risk to our Ipaces!

PS could it be an air rifle damage?
SE Firenze Red, Oyster leather, glass roof, HUD, Air Suspension, delivered 6/19

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:32 am

If two layers then differential temperature between the inside and outside of the car causing the glass to crack?
Last edited by Chewy on Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caesium Blue S. 18” Wheels.
250+ miles range driven in the winter.
300+ miles range driven in the summer.
S19A-19.24, H228

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:12 am

Chewy wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:32 am
Iftwo.layers then differential temperature between the inside and outside of the car causing the glass to crack?
I had the same thought but that picture really does look like there are two points of impact.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.24.2-375121 Telematics: 14.2
Last update: 26/08/19

Check out my I-Pace Channel on YouTube
Control your iPace with Siri voice commands

wh05apk

Post by wh05apk » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:01 am

As bad as this is , will probably be a lot cheaper to replace a side window, than having to repair body work damage, if the impact had been lower.

pandpt

Post by pandpt » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:31 pm

Yes, as it's laminated, I think this could have been anything. Probably a punch or something by a yob!

Anyway, Autoglass are coming next Friday as they didn't have the window in stock. Will cost £75 on the insurance and not effect my no claims, so not too bad.
MY20 HSE - Santorini Black, gloss black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, other options etc.

pandpt

Post by pandpt » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:33 pm

Quakered wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:16 am
My sympathy for the damage to your car. However you allude to the fact that you live in a rough area without warning the rest of use where this is (United Kingdom rather lacks precision!). Come on, help the rest of use avoid this risk to our Ipaces!

PS could it be an air rifle damage?
I live in a nice area of Hove, but it's all Victorian houses without garaging/driveways, not rough at all, but you can't stop rough people walking through :lol:
MY20 HSE - Santorini Black, gloss black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, other options etc.

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:10 pm

bogeybuster wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:50 pm
It certainly looks more like a vandaIism than an attempt break in especially as you said there was nothing visible for the culprit to see.
I feel for you.
There are just some mindless people out there that are so jealous of other people's
property whether it be a nice home or car.They are so ignorant that they don't realise you
have to work hard to live in a nice home or own a nice car like the i-pace.
As Rjuk stated it looks like a glass claim although if I am looking correctly at your photograph I can see
that the damage extends on the paintwork above the window glass just below the roof.
However that looks like a scratch that the scratch and dent man could get out without involving your insurance then
just use your insurance to claim for the glass.
Remember to make sure you get your Crime Report Reference Number from the police as this may be required for
an insurance claim.
I think you're looking at the photo wrong. The photo is taken from inside the OP's car. You can't see the exterior bodywork at all. You're thinking the damage is on the car outside the window, but that car isn't an I-Pace. ;)
Narvik Black I-Pace HSE with black everything, HUD, adaptive air suspension, privacy glass. 8-)

elbocko

Post by elbocko » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:22 pm

RJUK wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:10 pm

I think you're looking at the photo wrong. The photo is taken from inside the OP's car. You can't see the exterior bodywork at all. You're thinking the damage is on the car outside the window, but that car isn't an I-Pace. ;)
I had missed that as well.
El Bocko

E 2ERO, SE, Firenze Red, MY19
Infotainment S19A_19.24.2-375121, Telematics 16.2, Battery Shh, it won't say.

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:19 pm

D’oh!!! I also failed to spot that!
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.24.2-375121 Telematics: 14.2
Last update: 26/08/19

Check out my I-Pace Channel on YouTube
Control your iPace with Siri voice commands

pandpt

Post by pandpt » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:35 am

Yes, the photo was taken from the inside, but the damage was inflicted from the exterior. Integrity of inside of the window is intact. No damage to the body work, thank god!

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”