Waitrose carpark top trumps winner in Surrey

New to the Jaguar I-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
npnr

Waitrose carpark top trumps winner in Surrey

Post by npnr » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:41 pm

Hi all. Just took the plunge and got myself a Top Trump winner for the local Waitrose carpark. A caesium blue SE with glass roof. We bought it from dealer stock, so from wanting, to buying, to driving away was just 9 days. I love it.

We took our first big trip to the in-laws in Wales at the weekend (150mi each way) We used the granny cable to charge once there. I was prepped, had a 10m "Tough leads" extension and a rubber cable cover to cross the pavement. All went well. Only got 1.7kw/h over that which was a disappointment as I was expecting 3. Didn't matter, since we were connected for 40hrs, and recovered to 95%, but I expected to be fully charged after 30hr.

Some things I'd like to recommend so far ..
- https://www.localheroes.com/evchargers for home EV install
- Tough leads https://www.toughleads.co.uk/ do what they say... But the granny cable plug is too fat to fit in the socket cover
- Ambassador floor mats https://ambassadorcarmats.co.uk/ fantastic fit and quality. I've not seen the Jag ones, but these are probably equivalent for £40
- cable cover https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 4052014437

So far so good, I'll be in touch!

elbocko

Re: Waitrose carpark top trumps winner in Surrey

Post by elbocko » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:45 pm

Nice one and welcome to I-Pace ownership. I have tried a couple of visits to Wales, Llanidloes and Montgomery areas. Significant lack of charges but the Hotel in Llandridod Wells has an excellent Polar Rapid charger.
El Bocko

E 2ERO, SE, Firenze Red, MY19, 18"
InControl Touch Pro S19B_19.40.4-436082. Vehicle Connectivity 17.2, Battery Energy Control Shh, it won't say.

npnr

Post by npnr » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:48 pm

Thank you. Yes, I believe Rhondda Cynon Taff recently scored the lowest marks in per capita public EV charging points!

anorak

Post by anorak » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:45 pm

Hello and welcome. Great choice of car in a great colour if I may say so.

I did something very similar to you back in January. Went to the dealer to get a finance quote and possibly put a deposit down (knowing there was a 6 month wait list) but they had this Caesium blue thing in pride of place.

Top Trumped you with the turnaround though - 7 days from initial enquiry to driving it home! ;)

The 'granny' charger only draws 10A I believe so you'll never get much more than 2kW/h charge from it.
I Pace EV400 S, Caesium blue, Oyster leather, 18" wheels
MY19, delivered 01/2019
IMC: S19B_19.40.4-436082 || Telematics: 17.2
Now on its 2nd front EPIC

DougTheMac

Post by DougTheMac » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:01 pm

anorak wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:45 pm

The 'granny' charger only draws 10A I believe so you'll never get much more than 2kW/h charge from it.
Yes, welcome, and enjoy!

As Anorak says, the granny cable is rated at 10A which is a nominal 2.3kW taken from the socket; but a surprisingly high proportion of that goes into keeping the battery warm, so the effective rate of charge is disappointingly low, especially in cold weather. Your reported results sound about right.
HSE Silicon Silver Pano Air+AD Oyster since 1Mar19
S19B_19.40.4-436082 & anon

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:24 am

Welcome :-)

Caesium Blue members are on the increase.

Return to “Introductions”