IONITY France update : Paris Lyon and Paris Geneva opened !

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
emgf

IONITY France update : Paris Lyon and Paris Geneva opened !

Post by emgf » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:14 pm

Nemours Ionity station with 4 chargers opened finally yesterday on A6 motorway !
It,means that it is now possible to drive from Paris to Lyon efficiently with the I-Pace and onwards to the French Riviera and Italy or to go to Geneva and the Mont Blanc.
In winter it will be a little bit challenging since the next Ionity station is for now located in Macon Saint Albain located on A6 300km south .
However another Ionity station located in La Reserve is under construction on the A6 50km south of Nemours ( 250Km north of Macon ) and should open before the end of the year .
SE Yulong White , light oyster interior , 20" Gloss Black , since October 9th 2018 , IMC: S19B_19.40.4-436082 Telematics 16.2

SammyD

Re: IONITY France update : Paris Lyon and Paris Geneva opened !

Post by SammyD » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:25 pm

emgf wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:14 pm
Nemours Ionity station with 4 chargers opened finally yesterday on A6 motorway !
It,means that it is now possible to drive from Paris to Lyon efficiently with the I-Pace and onwards to the French Riviera and Italy or to go to Geneva and the Mont Blanc.
In winter it will be a little bit challenging since the next Ionity station is for now located in Macon Saint Albain located on A6 300km south .
However another Ionity station located in La Reserve is under construction on the A6 50km south of Nemours ( 250Km north of Macon ) and should open before the end of the year .
Thanks for that update. Now if only the Chargers near Rheims were easily accessible from the A26 (to help those travelling from the UK and Belgium).
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D
S19B_* Maps : whatever is current.

DougTheMac

Post by DougTheMac » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:44 pm

SammyD wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:25 pm
Thanks for that update. Now if only the Chargers near Rheims were easily accessible from the A26 (to help those travelling from the UK and Belgium).
Yes, I don’t know what Ionity were thinking about with these chargers. On first inspection of a small-scale map, they look to be useful; but when you find out the diversion needed to access them from the A26, they become absolutely useless. A shame.

Mind you, driving an EV from UK to the Alps in winter with a full load, probably a roof box, and very cold weather, is, IMHO, for the dedicated only. Tesla, maybe; I-Pace, no.
HSE Silicon Silver Pano Air+AD Oyster since 1Mar19
S19B_19.40.4-436082 & anon

AGT

Post by AGT » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:46 pm

That is good news. Thank you for posting.

My ABRP route from Edinburgh down to Tourrettes Sur Loup (Alpes Maritimes) is beginning to come together. Previously I was being routed down through Belgium, Germany and Italy! Now it is beginning to look more realistic. I would really love to give it a try but may hang back until 2021 as the stretch straight down from Grenobles to Cannes is still challenging and I can’t bear the A8.

In October we repatriated our UK registered ICE. Only looking around the service stations where we stopped it was not very encouraging. This suddenly looks much better.

Current project is to persuade senior management that “The Stupid Car” is viable for a skiing trip to Austria. So far the fact that the winter tyres are fitted is not carrying the day.

emgf

Post by emgf » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:23 am

AGT wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:46 pm
That is good news. Thank you for posting.

My ABRP route from Edinburgh down to Tourrettes Sur Loup (Alpes Maritimes) is beginning to come together. Previously I was being routed down through Belgium, Germany and Italy! Now it is beginning to look more realistic. I would really love to give it a try but may hang back until 2021 as the stretch straight down from Grenobles to Cannes is still challenging and I can’t bear the A8.

In October we repatriated our UK registered ICE. Only looking around the service stations where we stopped it was not very encouraging. This suddenly looks much better.

Current project is to persuade senior management that “The Stupid Car” is viable for a skiing trip to Austria. So far the fact that the winter tyres are fitted is not carrying the day.
Some other good news . As you know Grenoble -Cannes is a 300 km road trip , and on the A51 at Laragne - Montégrain , 125 km south of Grenoble,
there is a 50KW ccs charger that you can use with a Chargemap card .
SE Yulong White , light oyster interior , 20" Gloss Black , since October 9th 2018 , IMC: S19B_19.40.4-436082 Telematics 16.2

I-Pace

Post by I-Pace » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:57 am

This is really good news, I was planning to take the I-Pace to the Alpes early next year but was unsure the Ionity stations would be ready so booked the plane (I live in London). Hopefully there will be more fast chargers in north of France over the coming months.

Jagu_in_06

Post by Jagu_in_06 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:25 pm

emgf wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:23 am

Some other good news . As you know Grenoble -Cannes is a 300 km road trip , and on the A51 at Laragne - Montégrain , 125 km south of Grenoble,
Grenoble Cannes is highly doable without any charging, I do it multiple times a year. The only and main issue is to charge in Grenoble..which is very VE unfriendly.
Around Sisteron/Laragne/Gap , there are several 1 slot CCS charger, but you need to be able to reach those first.
Fuji White I-Pace SE with Black Pack and 20"black wheels

emgf

Post by emgf » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:38 pm

Jagu_in_06 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:25 pm
emgf wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:23 am

Grenoble Cannes is highly doable without any charging, I do it multiple times a year. The only and main issue is to charge in Grenoble..which is very VE unfriendly.
Around Sisteron/Laragne/Gap , there are several 1 slot CCS charger, but you need to be able to reach those first.
How come Grenoble is VE unfriendly with the only green mayor of a big city in France ?

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”