HSE “must have” options

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Matt27

HSE “must have” options

Post by Matt27 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:25 pm

After a few months of pondering, I am finally about to order a new I-Pace. I have settled on the HSE spec as it seems to offer slightly better value on my company car scheme than the SE once I’ve added a few options.

The options I’m proposing to add to the HSE are;

- metallic paint
- panoramic roof
- adaptive dynamics
- air suspension
- stick with 20” wheels
- HUD
- cabin air ionisation

My main question is whether I’m doing the right thing on the suspension? Do I need both adaptive dynamics and air suspension or is air suspension good enough alone? Or perhaps you will all tell me I don’t need either and standard springs are all that is needed.

Also do shout if you think I’m missing anything you consider vital.

Thanks

DAMIT

Re: HSE “must have” options

Post by DAMIT » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:47 pm

Do NOT go with standard suspension with 20" wheels. Go with air and for the best range and comfort 18" wheels.

Adski989

Post by Adski989 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:53 pm

DAMIT wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:47 pm
Do NOT go with standard suspension with 20" wheels. Go with air and for the best range and comfort 18" wheels.
May i ask why? I'm thinking of changing my 18" to 20" on my standard suspension....

Matt27

Post by Matt27 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:02 pm

DAMIT wrote:
Thanks - that was my view too that the ride would only be acceptable on the standard suspension with 18” wheels.

What’s your view on the need to have adaptive dynamics with the air suspension?

Bart

Post by Bart » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:09 pm

DAMIT wrote:
.. but .. but the 20"s look way better.. imho.. 20" with air suspension are very comfortable. No comparison done, though..
Corris Grey, Black Exterior Pack, 20" 5-split spoke 5070, Air-suspension, HUD, DAB+,
Heated Windscreen, Heated Steering Wheel
--
In control (OTA): S19B_19.40.4-436082
Ordered 04-2018, Delivered 12-2018

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:38 pm

Matt27 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:02 pm

Thanks - that was my view too that the ride would only be acceptable on the standard suspension with 18” wheels.

I would say the dynamic suspension depends on you. If you’ll spend your time driving around in comfort then probably the adaptive dynamics won’t be that useful. But if you enjoy a spirited drive from time to time and see yourself making frequent use of dynamic mode then it’s more worthwhile. Really depends on the individual.

Billy Bunter

Post by Billy Bunter » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:45 pm

Matt27 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:25 pm
After a few months of pondering, I am finally about to order a new I-Pace. I have settled on the HSE spec as it seems to offer slightly better value on my company car scheme than the SE once I’ve added a few options.

The options I’m proposing to add to the HSE are;

- metallic paint
- panoramic roof
- adaptive dynamics
- air suspension
- stick with 20” wheels
- HUD
- cabin air ionisation

My main question is whether I’m doing the right thing on the suspension? Do I need both adaptive dynamics and air suspension or is air suspension good enough alone? Or perhaps you will all tell me I don’t need either and standard springs are all that is needed.

Also do shout if you think I’m missing anything you consider vital.

Thanks

I pick up my SE next week, similar options to you:
- metallic paint YES
- panoramic roof. NO
- adaptive dynamics. NO (just having AIR gives comfort, normal and sport. I cannot mix and match but don’t miss that on my current car so saw little point)
- air suspension YES
- stick with 20” wheels. YES
- HUD. BIG YES
- cabin air ionisation. YES

Big difference is the adaptive dynamics. Most people dont realise that AIR already comes with a basic ability to configure it; mine includes Comfort, Normal, Sport, Snow settings, and there is also the buttons for lowering to get in, and raising for off-road. (AIR alone is not just 1 setting, it has several !!)
The only thing Adaptive Dynamics brings is the ability to make your own customisations (I think). The next option let’s the car make changes according to surfaces but for road driving I figured i’d save 1500 and forego these last 2 options, and just get the basic AIR.

So I really see little benefit going beyond AIR alone.......
SE, Firenze Red, Black Pack & Black 20” wheels, Air Suspention, HUD, ACC, DAB+

Billy Bunter

Post by Billy Bunter » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:49 pm

Goshdarnit wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:38 pm
Matt27 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:02 pm

I would say the dynamic suspension depends on you. If you’ll spend your time driving around in comfort then probably the adaptive dynamics won’t be that useful. But if you enjoy a spirited drive from time to time and see yourself making frequent use of dynamic mode then it’s more worthwhile. Really depends on the individual.
As per my post above, AIR alone also offers 4 settings COMFORT, NORMAL, SPORT and SNOW so you are not restricted to driving around in Comfort mode.....

What you miss is the ability to mix and match, eg high throttle response, mixed with soft suspension etc,

I just did my dealer handover demo on my AIR only SE yesterday.

DAMIT

Post by DAMIT » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:56 pm

Adski989 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:53 pm
DAMIT wrote:
May i ask why? I'm thinking of changing my 18" to 20" on my standard suspension....
I have an SE for over a year now, with option 20" wheels and deeply regret it. The ride is Very busy to say the least, every ridge/dip/bump in the road is transferred through the drivers seat I just find it uncomfortable. Currently looking for 18" wheels to replace the 20's May not look as good but ride is all important at my age!

Billy Bunter

Post by Billy Bunter » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:00 pm

point to note..... as a Brit living in NL with wide experience of both countries, the general road quality here in NL is far better than UK, rarely see potholes etc. So what’s good for one may not be good for another.......

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”