CarPlay

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
mark135800

CarPlay

Post by mark135800 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:39 pm

Hi

Has anyone who has seen the car confirmed whether it does have CarPlay connectivity? I have a F-Pace and the Incontrol Apps aren't a patch on CarPlay in my son's Seat Ibiza!

On Jaguar's Hong Kong website it says it does have CarPlay, but not on the UK version... https://www.jaguar.com.hk/i-pace-overview

Thanks for any help!

Mark_T

Re: CarPlay

Post by Mark_T » Mon May 14, 2018 3:10 pm

I'll ask today, I'm due to see one in a couple of hours...

Mark_T

Post by Mark_T » Mon May 14, 2018 8:13 pm

Apparently it will not be there at launch but I'm told it is expected to be added via an OTA update towards the end of the year.

Gdank

Post by Gdank » Tue May 15, 2018 3:34 pm

I would not hold your breath .... in 2016 they promised it for the ITC-Pro as an update on the F-Paces.

However, I'l be honest here .... I have a Kia with Apple car Play ... and I'd rather have my F-Pace (with the ITCP) than Apple Car Play.

I hear Andriod Auto is better ... as you can use Waze / Google Maps, but I have no idea.

Anyway, imho Jag standard system with phone on bluetooth > wired phone using Apple Car-Play.

RichT

Post by RichT » Tue May 15, 2018 6:03 pm

Just to add to the first post - I use Android Auto in my daughter's Seat Ibiza and it's very slick.
I toggle between Google Maps and Waze (speed cameras!) depending on the journey.
I'll be a touch disappointed if it doesn't arrive on the I-Pace.

zee

Post by zee » Tue May 15, 2018 8:44 pm

Android Auto is currently being certified for the iPace and I was told by the Jag reps that it will be shipping ready to go. I personally hope they get Google Assistant integration as well since they have Alexa

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”