Another Ipace coming to the Dutch roads

New to the Jaguar I-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
Erwinn

Another Ipace coming to the Dutch roads

Post by Erwinn » Tue May 15, 2018 10:00 am

Hi All,

I can also call myself "a future Jaguar Ipace owner" and ordered my new Ipace in the beginning of March through my companies lease company. This because my current Volvo V60 PIH is at the end of it's lease contract at the end of this year.

After a long time second guessing between a ModelS and the Ipace, I decided to go with something new (since we've already got 5 ModelS' at our company) and chose the Ipace, despite the Ipaces' dramatic charging possibilities. But that's something I'm going to have to cope with and hope Jaguar comes with a 3 fase charging upgrade or something.....

In de meantime I think the only serious option for me is to buy is the Dynamic Load Balancing charger from the New Motion and hopefully the Ipace can fully charge during the night.

Eventually (after a lot of configuring, sleeples nights and scanning Social Media for pictures/videos) I've chosen the following;

Ipace SE
Corris Grey
Drive Pack
Black exterior pack
20" spoke Gloss Black
Privacy Glass
Ebony (Mozine) upholstery complete
360 surround camera

Cheers!

Erwin

Jelle v/d Meer

Re: Another Ipace coming to the Dutch roads

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Tue May 15, 2018 12:39 pm

Hello Erwin,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your I-pace order - what delivery date did your lease company advise?

With regards to "upgrade" of 3 phase charger sorry to give you bad news but that is already ruled out to be possible by Jaguar. If the car is delivered with single phase charger the message is that it is not possible to later upgrade it to a 3 phase charger.

In terms of DC charging speed - here the message is that the 100kw/h could potentially be increased through software updates although nothing officially confirmed.

Regards
Jelle
I-pace S I Ceasium Blue I Ordered 25-04 I Delivery week 46

Erwinn

Post by Erwinn » Tue May 15, 2018 1:42 pm

Hi Jelle,

Thanks! unfortunately nothing specific yet. the expected date of delivery when ordering was 20 december and is still is.

Ahh ok, the last thing I've heard is that Jaguar was looking in to this, but obviously that is old news, so no options there then :(
What a shame!

The thing is, due to the km I drive in a day, I definitely need a "safe home base" were I can leave my house in the morning fully loaded and get through the day charging at the normal public charging points once I'm in a meeting with customers. The additional km's I'm charging there should be enough to make it through the day.

Hope that the New motion unit will work for me otherwise the last and final option would be upgrading my electrical connection at home to 3x35amp I guess.
How are you going to arrange things for charging at home?

Cheers,

Erwin

Jelle v/d Meer

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Tue May 15, 2018 2:06 pm

Erwinn wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:42 pm
Hi Jelle,

Thanks! unfortunately nothing specific yet. the expected date of delivery when ordering was 20 december and is still is.

Ahh ok, the last thing I've heard is that Jaguar was looking in to this, but obviously that is old news, so no options there then :(
What a shame!

The thing is, due to the km I drive in a day, I definitely need a "safe home base" were I can leave my house in the morning fully loaded and get through the day charging at the normal public charging points once I'm in a meeting with customers. The additional km's I'm charging there should be enough to make it through the day.

Hope that the New motion unit will work for me otherwise the last and final option would be upgrading my electrical connection at home to 3x35amp I guess.
How are you going to arrange things for charging at home?

Cheers,

Erwin
Who knows maybe Jaguar surprises us and they will pull forward the introduction of 3 phase charging just in time for our cars to be produced. Current timeline advised is end 2019 for 3 phase charger, I still have silent hope that we would be able to upgrade at a later stage. Still very weird that Renault Zoe does have 3 phase 32A charger but Jaguar I-pace does not.

For me daily charging is less relevant as I live just 7km from work and at work there will be a 32A charger, at home I have 1x 35A connection but max fuse is 16A so without 3 phase charger no point to change to 3x 25A. My issue is more the 2 or 3 times per year that I make long distance trips so >1000kms 1 way that will be challenging particularly the Eastern European part so hoping Ionity moves faster than currently planned.

My lease car is ordered through Athlon and they so far advised me wk48 delivery, the dealer was not yet able to advise anything. Did get an general email today from the dealer that they expect that all already sold I-paces will have a production/delivery plan early June.

PS: My local Lidl has 2 free fast chargers each with 50kw DC CCS or 44kw AC mode 2 or Cadmo method.

ACB1

Post by ACB1 » Tue May 15, 2018 3:47 pm

A solution is a DC charger. I have seen one from 3 phase AC 16A to DC with CCS combo 2 11kW. (fast Charging).
Only the price is a little higher than a normal AC charger. (www.setec-power.com) (around $ 3.000)
Order I-Pace FE :P, Ordered March; 1e Delivery end October / begin November => now December

ACB1

Post by ACB1 » Tue May 15, 2018 3:48 pm

Order I-Pace FE :P, Ordered March; 1e Delivery end October / begin November => now December

Jelle v/d Meer

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Tue May 15, 2018 4:16 pm

ACB1 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 3:47 pm
A solution is a DC charger. I have seen one from 3 phase AC 16A to DC with CCS combo 2 11kW. (fast Charging).
Only the price is a little higher than a normal AC charger. (www.setec-power.com) (around $ 3.000)
Yep aware of that solution - already sent them an email earlier asking for price including shipping but so far no reply. Also asked for price of 2 units, 5 units and 10 units to see if that gives a considerable saving so that maybe multiple forum members can jointly order them.

Jelle v/d Meer

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Wed May 16, 2018 2:53 pm

Email from Setec - unclear if below price includes or excludes shipping:
The unit price for our 10kw ccs ev charger for one pcs order is USD2650.
The unit price for our 10kw ccs ev charger for 5 pcs order is USD2580.
The unit price for our 10kw ccs ev charger for 10 pcs order is USD2500.

With this portable (20kg) charger you could connect to a 3 phase 16A charger at home, plug that into the portable charger and then from the portable charger plug into DC CCS charger of your car. This should allow you to charge with 10kw/h at home instead of 3.5kw.

ACB1

Post by ACB1 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:33 pm

CCS portable EV charger: US$2800/Set.
DHL freight: $285
Total: $3085

You have already a better offer! I think it is excludes shipping

DutchIpaceOwner

Post by DutchIpaceOwner » Wed May 16, 2018 6:53 pm

@Erwin, that sounds like quite a risk if you need a full battery and a charge at client in order to make it home.

If it is going to be very close, and you want a relaxed ride, you'd better settle for the 18" wheels. That might give you an additional 10% range (based on Tesla numbers, it might differ for the ipace). Check the wheels thread for details.

Return to “Introductions”